Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andre Johnson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Andre Johnson Reply with quote

I drafted him with high hopes and he has failed misrabley to produce the way i thought he would... do i keep him on my bench or cut him to free up a spot?? i think he could still be there after this week i fi cut him and pick him up again but im not sure. What are you guys doing with him?
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also drafted him and feel your pain. Not only that but I also drafted Burleson, so I got 2 bust WR's so far.

As for keep him or cut him, you should most definitely keep him. Is understandable why he hasnt produced. Games against the Bills and Steelers I didnt even play him because it was obvious he'd do nothing. But I was disappointed that he only had like 40 yards and no scores vs Cincy; plus now hes hurt. Keep him around, he'll be back and him and Carr will light up some weak defenses for sure.

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do anything but cut him. He hasn't produced this year, but the Texans had the same personnel last year when he was so productive. Sooner or later, he's going to break out. I think it would be very wise to stick him on the bench until then though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with Nate. Do not cut him. I highly doubt that there is a player in the FA market who you can consider to be close to Johnson's talent and productivity. You may want to look for a trade to someone in the league who thinks he can produce in the latter stages of the season. However, I would keep him and take a gamble on him and see if he produces, he is bound to produce soon.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
ChrisBrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not cut Andre Johnson . GI would hang on to him for atleast another 2 weeks . The Texans have totally re-alligned the OLINE so if Carr allows less sacks this game . Expect some big things next game when Johnson is back
Yankees05

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Johnson is killing me. The only other receivers worth noting that I have are Steve Smith and Terry Glenn. I wish I didn't use my 4th rounder on him... Sad
ChrisBrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
Andre Johnson is killing me. The only other receivers worth noting that I have are Steve Smith and Terry Glenn. I wish I didn't use my 4th rounder on him... Sad

Dont worry he will come back around just in time for the FF Playoffs
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say he is the biggest bust of the season so far, but it's not even his fault.

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Perhaps it's your assessment is the one that is a knock on your ability to assess a football game.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was my third round pick in a lot of leagues.

After a while, in every league, I made the same first three picks.

Torry Holt (1st Round), Chad Johnson (2nd Round), and Andre Johnson (3rd Round).

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the league that I manage, Andre went in the fourth round. I took Moss first round (Holt was gone), I took Kevin Jones in the second ( Embarassed ), and I snagged Owens in the 3rd round.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Andre rated very High. I almost took him in round 3, but decided to go with Chad Johnson.

Andre was gone by the time i picked next, but I got Javon Walker, and traded him, along with Minny DST for Andre, before the season started.

It's a good idea to hold onto him. It's unlikely you have any better options to stash on your bench.

And Big Ben. Dang, if Andre had done as well as he did last year, you'd be stacked at WR. How's your RB situation?

I can't see ustifying a first round pick on a WR though.

I loaded at WR, too, getting only 1 RB in the 1st 7 rounds, and then got Warrick Dunn in round 8, which bassically saved my fantasy team.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already cut him in two leagues...as much as I like him and would have loved to hang on to him...not only is the O-Line not giving the offense any help but Andre is also nursing injuries this year...not a good combination...I decided to move on and try to get him again next year...hopefully on a much improved Texan team by then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: