You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Herm Edwards officially fired
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shock6822

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Herm Edwards officially fired Reply with quote

Just did a breaking news bit on ESPN...link shortly

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Not SUPER surprising. I mean, the Chiefs stink right now, and Herm seemed like a candidate to take the fall. Plus, he said he wanted out, from what I had heard. I am just a little shocked at how many high profile coaches are getting the ax this year. I wonder how much of this has to do with teams like the Dolphins and the Ravens finding so much success with rookie coaches. It seems that when a team is performing poorly the recipe for turnaround is a complete gutting of the organization.

Lots of coaches on the market.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link you didn't post.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855917
Tom Brady Tribute
Shock6822

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Here is the link you didn't post.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855917

Figured you'd show up eventually and do the work...thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I already read a report about Todd Haley going to become to next HC for the Chiefs.
Apathy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, the let Gailey go as well for my teams sake.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
I thought I already read a report about Todd Haley going to become to next HC for the Chiefs.

That was just rumor. They can't officially hire Haley till after the Super Bowl but since Edwards was still the coach there they didn't even interview him, though I'm guessing if the Cards allow it the Chiefs will be able to interview him this weekend for the job.
Jawn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Haley isn't hired as the coach of the Chiefs, do you guys see Jon Gruden as a possibility there?

Just to let you know, I think Haley will be hired, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about that.

LOTO.Tailback on the sig
PhillyPimp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy seems to get pretty angry when he isn't the one breaking news.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyPimp wrote:
Billy seems to get pretty angry when he isn't the one breaking news.

What? how in the world in helping him find a link do i come off angry? why would i care about something as silly as that?
Tom Brady Tribute
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but feel kind of bad for Herm. He was strung along for the good part of a month, and now he finally gets canned after a period when it looked like he'd keep his job. Going into 2008, everybody and their mother knew the Chiefs were rebuilding, and obviously with the draft they had, would be young. You couldn't have reasonably expected better than the 2-14 mark they put up this year. Where's the reliable QB that could have turned some of those close losses into wins? Tyler Thigpen? Try again.

The Chiefs' roster wasn't built to win in 2008, it's built to win in 2010. Peterson basically left Herm out to dry by resigning. What new GM (Scott Pioli in this case) wouldn't fire a coach after 2-14 in favor of hiring his own guy? Herm got a raw deal.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
bkobow05 wrote:
Ban playmaker iyam imo fwiw.
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texans are the only team that the Raiders have beaten whose coach hasn't been fired.
chiefsxfanx88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
I can't help but feel kind of bad for Herm. He was strung along for the good part of a month, and now he finally gets canned after a period when it looked like he'd keep his job. Going into 2008, everybody and their mother knew the Chiefs were rebuilding, and obviously with the draft they had, would be young. You couldn't have reasonably expected better than the 2-14 mark they put up this year. Where's the reliable QB that could have turned some of those close losses into wins? Tyler Thigpen? Try again.

The Chiefs' roster wasn't built to win in 2008, it's built to win in 2010. Peterson basically left Herm out to dry by resigning. What new GM (Scott Pioli in this case) wouldn't fire a coach after 2-14 in favor of hiring his own guy? Herm got a raw deal.

Herm got no such thing as a "raw deal" his record was 2-14 this year. We had 8 games that were decided by 7 points or less.
Look at the Dolphins last year, the similarities are endless. Both of us lost 8+ games by 1 or less score. Both teams are getting a big name FO guy. Both teams get a new coach. Both teams (If we do) switch to a 3-4. The similarities are endless. Plus, the rebuilding in KC is nearly finished. We need a new RG, RT, DE, and MLB. other than that, our team is finished rebuilding! Not only do I believe we can make the playoffs this next season, but if we get the right coach, I believe we could win the AFC West.

By the way, you are way off on your Tyler Thigpen argument. He is a damn good QB, and if we bring in Shanny, and run the bootleg..You will be SCARED when you play the Chiefs. Damn scared.

Johnny Ringo on the Sig
RYKNOWSSD'S DRAFT THREAD!!! Click here
chiefsxfanx88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
The Texans are the only team that the Raiders have beaten whose coach hasn't been fired.

Laughing Laughing
Now there's a stat for ya!!

Johnny Ringo on the Sig
RYKNOWSSD'S DRAFT THREAD!!! Click here
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefsxfanx88 wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

Herm got no such thing as a "raw deal" his record was 2-14 this year. We had 8 games that were decided by 7 points or less.
Look at the Dolphins last year, the similarities are endless. Both of us lost 8+ games by 1 or less score. Both teams are getting a big name FO guy. Both teams get a new coach. Both teams (If we do) switch to a 3-4. The similarities are endless. Plus, the rebuilding in KC is nearly finished. We need a new RG, RT, DE, and MLB. other than that, our team is finished rebuilding! Not only do I believe we can make the playoffs this next season, but if we get the right coach, I believe we could win the AFC West.

By the way, you are way off on your Tyler Thigpen argument. He is a damn good QB, and if we bring in Shanny, and run the bootleg..You will be SCARED when you play the Chiefs. Damn scared.

His record wasn't 2-14. The team's record was 2-14. Is there a coach out there that can win 6+ games with 2 rookies at corner, 2 rookies on the defensive line, the shadow of LJ and a rookie at RB, and a rookie at LT? Was anyone expecting big things from the Chiefs? Firing Herm is a big disruption to what was planned to be a rebuilding process built on continuity.

I'm not trying to bash Tyler Thigpen, he just isn't a QB that can win games by himself, or will his team to victory when the guys around him are having an off day.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
bkobow05 wrote:
Ban playmaker iyam imo fwiw.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: