You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals OC Todd Haley targeted as next Chiefs head coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
RickyG wrote:
HORRIBLE hire if this is true. Just look at what he did to a good TO in Dallas and now with Qu + Warner in Arizona. Definitely not a people person.

Larry did credit him for helping making him an even better WR.



Name a WR that doesn't credit his OC.


Terrell Owens.

Haley's going to be a head coach eventually. Everyone knows it. Kurt and Whiz, when asked, both said he's ready. Chiefs waited so long, not sure who they can get as a better option. Leslie Frazier maybe, no one else really comes to mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingSoprano


Joined: 18 Mar 2008
Posts: 1497
Location: Livermore, Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also reading that Dennis Green was a possible hiring to on rotoworld.com
_________________

thanks to big palooka

Shonne Greene is the best Running back in the nation: 307 carries, 1,850 yards, 20 touchdowns
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23298
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickyG wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
RickyG wrote:
HORRIBLE hire if this is true. Just look at what he did to a good TO in Dallas and now with Qu + Warner in Arizona. Definitely not a people person.

Larry did credit him for helping making him an even better WR.


I think he is a good Offensive Coordinator especially considering that his Oline isn't great (to establish a running game). His play calling on the last drive last week was simply genius.

I just don't think he is ready to be a head coach with his personality.

He seemed to know exactly what the defense was bringing before every play. He simply outcoached JJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purple-Pride07


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 17351
Location: Right Behind You
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
RickyG wrote:
HORRIBLE hire if this is true. Just look at what he did to a good TO in Dallas and now with Qu + Warner in Arizona. Definitely not a people person.

Larry did credit him for helping making him an even better WR.



Name a WR that doesn't credit his OC.


Terrell Owens.

Haley's going to be a head coach eventually. Everyone knows it. Kurt and Whiz, when asked, both said he's ready. Chiefs waited so long, not sure who they can get as a better option. Leslie Frazier maybe, no one else really comes to mind.


No offense to Todd Haley, but Leslie Frazier is far more deserving. How he is still not a head coach is beyond me. However, you could also throw Jason Garrett's name out there - even thouh he isn't on the short list.

According to NFL Network, the Chiefs #1 choice is Bill Cowher and remains to be although Cowher has publicly said he will not be coaching in 2009.
_________________


"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 52070
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickyG wrote:
HORRIBLE hire if this is true. Just look at what he did to a good TO in Dallas and now with Qu + Warner in Arizona. Definitely not a people person.


What did he do with Q?? Q is over it, it was a heat of the moment thing, it happens in every game, it was just overblown by the media.

He has done nothing with Warner, they are great friends there is articles documenting this if you bother to look them up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheDarkness


Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 414
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be terrible I wanted Haley to be the next coach of the Raiders. Haley is a great offensive mind and he demands a lot from his players and doesn't take there crap.

Please don't be true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
RickyG wrote:
HORRIBLE hire if this is true. Just look at what he did to a good TO in Dallas and now with Qu + Warner in Arizona. Definitely not a people person.

Larry did credit him for helping making him an even better WR.



Name a WR that doesn't credit his OC.


Terrell Owens.

Haley's going to be a head coach eventually. Everyone knows it. Kurt and Whiz, when asked, both said he's ready. Chiefs waited so long, not sure who they can get as a better option. Leslie Frazier maybe, no one else really comes to mind.


No offense to Todd Haley, but Leslie Frazier is far more deserving. How he is still not a head coach is beyond me. However, you could also throw Jason Garrett's name out there - even thouh he isn't on the short list.

According to NFL Network, the Chiefs #1 choice is Bill Cowher and remains to be although Cowher has publicly said he will not be coaching in 2009.


And why is he more deserving? Any answers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spike


Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 101
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you are a trip

A year ago you laugh at even the mention of Healy

He backdoors into the playoffs, wins a couple of games and all of a sudden he's the next great coach Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
Some of you are a trip

A year ago you laugh at even the mention of Healy

He backdoors into the playoffs, wins a couple of games and all of a sudden he's the next great coach Rolling Eyes


He was considered a major candidate in Miami last year and wtihdrew his name after he was offered a chance to call plays in Arizona(Also got a hefty pay raise).

Got anything else?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
capton cutclass


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 4557
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
RickyG wrote:
HORRIBLE hire if this is true. Just look at what he did to a good TO in Dallas and now with Qu + Warner in Arizona. Definitely not a people person.

Larry did credit him for helping making him an even better WR.



Name a WR that doesn't credit his OC.


Theres lots of players who do credit them and don't credit them, same with the GM and Head Coaches...whoever has your back you will credit and whoever doesn't there will be a conflict of interest. Perhaps if a player doesn't feel like the the team is using him properly and allowing that said player to be producing or a lackof producing. We see it all the time over and over again.

The bizarre thing about Anquan is that he was whining when the offense was doing what it takes to win the ballgame. He was injured and he was the odd man out, the packages they needed didn't require him to be in the game. He should have just said lets win the game and ill be ready for the Super Bowl.

It doesn't really discredit Haley. He handled it well. I wouldn't want him over a few other guys, but good for him if he gets the job. And good for the Chiefs.
_________________


Phillies 2008 + 2009 National League Champs
Congrats CJ2K!
RIP Steve McNair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
valkrei


Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDarkness wrote:
This would be terrible I wanted Haley to be the next coach of the Raiders. Haley is a great offensive mind and he demands a lot from his players and doesn't take there crap.

Please don't be true.



yea but haley vs al would be a kiffen like disaster.
_________________


Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 28565
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

And why is he more deserving? Any answers?


I'll disagree with PP and say Frazier isn't necessarily more deserving. They are actually both fairly deserving of a HC position and both will likely get one eventually. Which one might be more successful over the long-term is hard to say though, because they have such different personalities. They are both actually similar personality-wise to their mentors. Haley is a hothead like Parcells and Frazier is calm, cool, and collected like Dungy.
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

And why is he more deserving? Any answers?


I'll disagree with PP and say Frazier isn't necessarily more deserving. They are actually both fairly deserving of a HC position and both will likely get one eventually. Which one might be more successful over the long-term is hard to say though, because they have such different personalities. They are both actually similar personality-wise to their mentors. Haley is a hothead like Parcells and Frazier is calm, cool, and collected like Dungy.


Nothing against Frazier, you just can't make the comment that he's more deserving of a job than another guy and not say why.

To me, the two guys' coaching resumes look a lot alike. They've both been very successful in a limited amount of time with great roster talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 61132
Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of hiring based on "hype". Sure, he looks glorious now, but would you have considered him week 4? And yet, he was the very same person, with practically the very same team.

Personally I'd get someone with experience.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 28565
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I'm not a big fan of hiring based on "hype". Sure, he looks glorious now, but would you have considered him week 4? And yet, he was the very same person, with practically the very same team.

Personally I'd get someone with experience.


What kind of experience are you looking for? Haley has been coaching in the NFL for 13 years...is that not enough experience? He's not some fresh-faced guy who's suddenly burst onto the scene. The guy has been around the NFL his entire life.
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group