You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Simeon Rice Rips Jon Gruden
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Simeon Rice Rips Jon Gruden Reply with quote

Quote:
“How I feel personally? I could tell you that, too. I think he’s a scumbag,” Rice said. “I think he’s a scumbag personally. That’s when he’s telling you one thing and… You know what he told me? ‘Simeon you’ll be here in the next five years.’ I got injured [and] this man’s never said one word to me. I won a Super Bowl for you. I got 13 sacks, 12, 15 every year for you. I balled. I got injured [and] you let me go like it was nothing.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/27/simeon-rice-calls-jon-gruden-a-scumbag/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simeon, would you like a tissue?
Thanks to Reggie Neson#1 for the avatar and jonnyj20 for the sig.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh waaa!

It's a business, Simeon. And you were no longer valuable. No, maybe Gruden shouldn't have said what he said but you shouldn't have been naive enough to believe your job was guaranteed.

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Oh waaa!

It's a business, Simeon. And you were no longer valuable. No, maybe Gruden shouldn't have said what he said but you shouldn't have been naive enough to believe your job was guaranteed.

The point is.. be a man about it.. He's simply saying Gruden wasn't a man... Gruden was a liar.
atown703

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Simeon, would you like a tissue?

or perhaps a tampon? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Oh waaa!

The point is.. be a man about it.. He's simply saying Gruden wasn't a man... Gruden was a liar.

That decision might not have been Grudens to make. Just saying.

At the least, however, Gruden should have been man enough to sit the guy down and look him in the eye and tell him what was happening and why. I mean, come on. If that part is true (which I don't know) it's crap.

7DnBrnc53-"Brady is the perfect QB for Belichick: Someone who isn't very talented, but is a good leader and can play well in the structure of his offense."
rosborough

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Gruden follow him to Indy and Denver and cut him there? When you're done, you're done.

What he should have said:

"I played for a bunch of years for that team and got cut because I'm terrible now. It would have been nice to be hugged before I got cut. I'm terrible."
Hopper15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No coincidence Simeon isn't the only one speaking out about this. Multiple players are speaking out about how terrible Grudan treated his players.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Simeon Rice Rips Jon Gruden Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Quote:
“How I feel personally? I could tell you that, too. I think he’s a scumbag,” Rice said. “I think he’s a scumbag personally. That’s when he’s telling you one thing and… You know what he told me? ‘Simeon you’ll be here in the next five years.’ I got injured [and] this man’s never said one word to me. I won a Super Bowl for you. I got 13 sacks, 12, 15 every year for you. I balled. I got injured [and] you let me go like it was nothing.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/27/simeon-rice-calls-jon-gruden-a-scumbag/

Rice is just whining like every other formerly talented player who was cut after he passed his prime. Players have a rediculous sense of entitlement and think that an organization should just bow down to their every wish just because he's a star player. Well, he got hurt and wasn't productive anymore. Welcome to the business side of sports, Simeon. You know, that same side of sports that gave you 3 very lucrative contracts in the NFL; one in AZ, and two in Tampa Bay?

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
T-Durden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many players are criticizing Jon Gruden, so I think it's true that he failed to gain the confidence from the group and that affected their performances.

Simeon Rice is saying that Gruden's a turncoat, but you know what? He's not the only that's saying that.
Michael Clayton and Jeff García both said that same thing.

Now one thing that makes me think about all that Gruden's episode with the Buccaneers, is that maybe, just maybe, some players were unhappy about him and plotted against Gruden.
I still find it strange the way the Buccaneers declined in the end of the season.

As I remember in the beginning of the season, the Buccaneers seemed a team without big stars in the roster, but as a unit they were strong, and players were doing all that was necessary to win, playing in different positions and playing solid football though didn't had anything special about it, they were winning.

Jeff Garcia that was criticizing Gruden before, was actually repetetent by the middle of the season and willing to prove his value and not anymore asking to be treated as the defintive starter.

Now suddenly all the players say that something didn't clicked in the locker room for them, and that the team wasn't strong as unit because Gruden didn't got the confidence of them and he was a turncoat and etc etc etc...

Fine.
I find it strange. There's no way to get to a conclusion, but when I read about this I always find it all very weird.
Double Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You look at what he did when Chris [Simms] damn near died on the field he wanted to release him right when he got injured.

I'm glad he mentioned Chris Simms because he's pretty sore at Gruden for how he handled his situation, too. I still think Gruden is a pretty great coach, but he handles some injury situations the wrong way apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you gotta feel for gruden, before him getting fired, i thought all of the players loved the guy and he seemed like a nice guy and im sure he is, hes a good coach, thats for sure

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
Faulk28SJaX39

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the point that simeons trying to make is he understands why he was released howwever he feels it was cowardly for Gruden to not speak to him like a man

PROPS TO DEADPULSE ON THE SIG!
Adopt-A-Ram '13:
Jake Long: 1 GS/0 Sacks Allowed
Kendall Langford: 2tackles, 1 for loss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boo hoo!

SOMEBODY CALL THE WAAAAAAAMBULENCE!!!

Rolling Eyes

dude was on the downfall anyway. If he's so great, why didn't anyone else pick him up? Confused
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, nobody is ever told, "you will be here for the next 5 years"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: