You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers hire Jimmy Raye as OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaos336

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedynasty wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Great news for the Ravens. It looked like after they brought in Hue Jackson for a 2nd interview that he was going to be their guy, but for now at least we still have him. There are a couple of other teams still sniffing around that might pluck him up, but here's to hoping he can stick around to continue to help developing Flacco.

If I were the Niners, I would have gone with Jagz. That guy is just too bright not to catch on somewhere.

well the who purpose of a hire like this is for continuity and if Jags had success in 2009 he'd surely be looking for a HC opportunity. I don't think Sing wants to go 8 OCs in 8 years. No matter how Raye does,good or bad, i doubt he's going anywhere. Couldn't say that about the other candidates such as Jackson, Jags, Dennison, or Chud but you could have said it about Linehan who did get an offer.

So they choose the worse candidate because they don't want to hire a good one and have him leave? If that's the way the 49ers Front Office is working then it's going to be a long season for them. "We don't want him". "If he does good he'll leave". "Let's hire this guy". "There's no way he'll get offered a better job". That's absolutely hillarious.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words cant express how I feel right now.

If I saw Mike Singletary walking in a dark alley right now I would lay down a beating on the man even though he is twice my size and is probably the better fighter because he has never seen a man as filled with blind rage than me. Twisted Evil

I dont know how I am going to sleep tonight since Im all worked up now. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Like seriously. WHAT THE HELL? I didnt even know we interviewed him (apparently we interviewed him today?)

This has made me lose ALL of my hope and excitement for next year. This has made me lose nearly all of my faith in Sing. The San Fransisco 49ers Franchise has been ruined, time and time again, by stupid stupid decisions like this one.

I wont go as far to say that I want sing gone, but think of it (for those who have taken calculus) as a hole in a function. Everything around it exists, but nothing exists there. I am saying that I am going to stop short of calling for mike's release, but he is on very very thin ice in my book. Funny how fast that can happen.

This had better turn out to be some cruel joke.

My little bro is lucky he is asleep otherwise I would punch him really really hard right now. lol. (jk)

EDIT: Its not on sf49ers.com and until it is I am going to treat this as a RUMOR (starting now)
Apathy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a flat out awful hire. I'm just glad my team didn't consider Jimmy Raye. As long as he isn't on my team, it's just fine with me. His years under Leeman Bennett were just too much of a failure. He was also the offensive mind behind some terrible Chiefs offense's.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to be fair, he was the OC of the Rams during Eric Dickerson's first 2 seasons. Wink

While a 62 (63 in 2 months) year old probably isn't a great way to go, we'll just have to see the way it turns out. Maybe Jimmy is there to just warm the seat for a couple of years until Tom Rathman takes over as OC?

Thx to Lil Uno!
Boxx9er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Well, to be fair, he was the OC of the Rams during Eric Dickerson's first 2 seasons. Wink

While a 62 (63 in 2 months) year old probably isn't a great way to go, we'll just have to see the way it turns out. Maybe Jimmy is there to just warm the seat for a couple of years until Tom Rathman takes over as OC?

That's what I was thinking!!!!! Idea

Boston Zombie
falseintellect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont really know why they couldnt have anyone they wanted. linehan is crazy to take a job with a team where he is guaranteed to be fired because he has no chance of success.

look at the talent on the 49ers. they've got a stable situation and are so close on offense and defense to being very good. almost all of the pieces are there.

they underperformed with Nolan and were playing very well for Singletary, this is a somewhat questionable move but i think he's earned SOME benefit of the doubt.

49ers fans are no doubt touchy about the OC position with what they've been dealing with. if norv turner had stayed who knows if they'd still be calling Alex Smith a bust, he had him playing almost good and on the right track.
mrscottso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe we got rid of Martz for this guy...... I am sickened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well really, how hard can it be to tell your QB to turn and hand the ball off?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falseintellect wrote:
i dont really know why they couldnt have anyone they wanted. linehan is crazy to take a job with a team where he is guaranteed to be fired because he has no chance of success.

I wouldn't say that he has no chance of success. I think offensively, the Lions aren't that far away from the 49ers, and in some ways even better off.

And to the 49ers fans who support Martz, I'm sorry...the guy may be a fabulous OC, but he's a cancer to the coaching staff and the locker room.

Thx to Lil Uno!
MaineEvent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a freakin jets running back coach?

u guys coulda taken gilbride off our hands Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Cowboys fan;[quote="MightyMouse07"]Ramses will be the best WR in this draft. There are no doubts about that from me.[/quote]
thizz415

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until i actually see him in game time with this team i will hold my judgment. He can turn out to be awful or he can turn out to be an ok OC for us. The likely hood does look like Tom Rathman will be groomed to be a OC in the near future. We just have to wait and see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy was terrible as a OC, years ago with KC.

I am sure Raye will bring in some real "cutting edge" schemes. Like dive left, dive right, quick slant left, punt.
thedynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Adams wrote:
This guy was terrible as a OC, years ago with KC.

I am sure Raye will bring in some real "cutting edge" schemes. Like dive left, dive right, quick slant left, punt.

care to detail how he was as a OC in KC? i've never even heard of the guy. Like all niner fans, we'd like to know what he's about.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: