Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Culpepper
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broad Street Bullies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Culpepper Reply with quote

is it worth it to drop him or attempt a trade, even though i dont think hes worth more than a sack of rocks right now in terms of fantasy points
ok go26

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try to shop him around for a box of candy, but if you can't a sack of rocks seems like a pretty good deal.

Seriously, at this point it seems like he'll just be taking up space on your bench. I'd try to trade him, but if you can't, don't hesitate to dump him.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
beneichten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok go26 wrote:
I'd try to shop him around for a box of candy, but if you can't a sack of rocks seems like a pretty good deal.

Seriously, at this point it seems like he'll just be taking up space on your bench. I'd try to trade him, but if you can't, don't hesitate to dump him.

DO NOT DUMP CULPEPPER!
That would be the worst move to just dump him, he needs to get his legs under him and that will come dont worry, trade him if you want but dont just let him go. BTW if you want a guy who will throwfor 2-3 touchdowns and 275 yards play Culpepper this week, he always does ggood against the packers at home. <---- that is a garuntee!
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beneichten wrote:
ok go26 wrote:

DO NOT DUMP CULPEPPER!
That would be the worst move to just dump him, he needs to get his legs under him and that will come dont worry, trade him if you want but dont just let him go. BTW if you want a guy who will throwfor 2-3 touchdowns and 275 yards play Culpepper this week, he always does ggood against the packers at home. <---- that is a garuntee!

Well, if there is a team he should be able to light up, it's Green Bay...if he can't get it down this week then it might be time ti dump him...

BTW...beneichten...in your sig, Kluwe is misspelled.
ok go26

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beneichten wrote:
BTW if you want a guy who will throwfor 2-3 touchdowns and 275 yards play Culpepper this week, he always does ggood against the packers at home. <---- that is a garuntee!

Do you want to make a bet that he doesn't? Maybe something like a "whoever-loses-this-bet-has-to-use-a-certain-sig-for-a-week" one.

beneichten

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok go26 wrote:
beneichten wrote:
BTW if you want a guy who will throwfor 2-3 touchdowns and 275 yards play Culpepper this week, he always does ggood against the packers at home. <---- that is a garuntee!

Do you want to make a bet that he doesn't? Maybe something like a "whoever-loses-this-bet-has-to-use-a-certain-sig-for-a-week" one.

alright, lets go, its a deal Smile
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one of my fantasy leagues, somebody offered me Culpepper and Mark Clayton for Terry Glenn. I accepted without hesitation. Culpepper will string it together, people need to stick with guys who have had great careers. It's not even halfway through, do not drop Culpepper.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think im going to keep him for now, but if he does as bad this week and next, he might get slashed
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have him in a yahoo league, and i can't drop him because of that can't cut list. Who would be a good guy to trade him for? Any opinions?

It would have to be a guy that produces quietly, and usually sits the bench on most fantasy teams. See, my problem is there are people in free agency that i would rather have, but can't get to because of that stupid list Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
NateDawg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try for a guy like Byron Leftwich or Ben Reothlisberger. Maybe if there's a big Vikes fan in your league...you can sucker him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Maybe try for a guy like Byron Leftwich or Ben Reothlisberger. Maybe if there's a big Vikes fan in your league...you can sucker him.

Tried that. The owner of Big Ben has the team name of HEINZ HEROES, and is starting Roethlisberger over Tom Brady. The guy that has Leftwich owns someone else at qb that isn't too shaby.

I offered a trade for Trent Dilfer, straight up, because he isn't on the can't cut list.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Dcowboy31

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
In one of my fantasy leagues, somebody offered me Culpepper and Mark Clayton for Terry Glenn. I accepted without hesitation. Culpepper will string it together, people need to stick with guys who have had great careers. It's not even halfway through, do not drop Culpepper.

That person would be me lol...Im happy with the trade too though, with Plax hurt I really need a WR, plus I have Bledsoe who is doing really well and I think hw will have to have a big game vs the seahawks.

Last edited by Dcowboy31 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
NateDawg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcowboy31 wrote:

That person would be me lol...Im happy with the trade too though, with Plaz hurt I really need a QB, plus I have Bledsoe who is doing really well and I think hw will have to have a big game vs the seahawks.

Ah yes, that was you lol. I forgot who it was. I guess it just worked for me...as long as Clayton performs. If not, and Culpepper doesn't perform either...it won't help.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Dcowboy31 wrote:

That person would be me lol...Im happy with the trade too though, with Plaz hurt I really need a QB, plus I have Bledsoe who is doing really well and I think hw will have to have a big game vs the seahawks.

Ah yes, that was you lol. I forgot who it was. I guess it just worked for me...as long as Clayton performs. If not, and Culpepper doesn't perform either...it won't help.

LOL, When I read my post over I realized what I said, I need a new WR not QB because PLAX is hurt. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beneichten wrote:
ok go26 wrote:
beneichten wrote:

alright, lets go, its a deal Smile

Ahhh 2 out of 2 tds and 280 out of 275 yards
that hurts lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: