You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Add Five More to Staff

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFCNORTHBEAR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Rams Add Five More to Staff Reply with quote

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/70622/

Quote:
By Nick Wagoner
Senior Writer

The Rams moved five steps closer to completing the exhaustive process of putting together coach Steve Spagnuolo’s initial coaching staff on Monday, announcing the hiring of five more assistants.

The newest members of the coaching staff are Sylvester Croom (running backs), Rock Gullickson (strength and conditioning), Tom McMahon (special teams), Matt House (defensive quality control) and Brendan Daly (defensive line).

Since naming Spagnuolo the head coach on Jan. 17, he has spent almost every waking hour nailing down a staff. The five official appointments made Monday bring the staff total to 14 coaches in a span of just 16 days.

Monday’s additions mean Spagnuolo is ever closer to having a complete staff in place for 2009.

“We are closing in on completing our staff,” Spagnuolo said. “We are happy to announce the addition of five new members. They bring a wealth of knowledge and a wide variety of experiences. We look forward to getting them settled in and working toward the success of the St. Louis Rams.”

With almost every new head coach, comes a whole new crew. Anyone know any of these guys' backround? Personally I've never heard of them, Tom McMahon sort of rings a bell but I can't put a face to it.

2010 NFC NORTH CHAMPS!!!!!!!
jmlinden7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Sylvester Croom was the head coach at Miss. St. I have no idea about the others.
D0 TH3 D3W

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmlinden7 wrote:
I believe Sylvester Croom was the head coach at Miss. St. I have no idea about the others.
He was. Good hire in Croom.

RIP Joe Pa
Kobe Bryant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Gullickson worked with Priest Holmes and Ricky Williams at Texas and was the strength and conditioning coach for the Saints and Packers, he has been coaching for a minute.

Tom McMahon was with the special teams in Atlanta, has plenty of college exp.

Matt House has only been an NFL "coach" for 1-2 years I guess in Carolina.

Brendan Daly came over from Minnesota to help the Rams D-Line. Pretty good place to get a D-Line coach after leading the league he past 2-3 years in run D.

Croom is a great hire I think, any change in Saint Louis is A OK by me. Some hope...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: