You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots mock, with trades

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hollywood14


Joined: 15 Oct 2004
Posts: 13672
Location: LSU
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Patriots mock, with trades Reply with quote

Ty Law and Round 4 pick to Dallas for pick 20.


20. Justin Miller.CB (round 1)
32. Elton Brown.OG (round 1)
64. Kirk Morrison.LB (round 2)
96. Michael Munoz.OT (round 3)
160. Charles Frederick.WR (round 5)
192. Jason White.QB (round 6)
224. Bobby Purify.RB (round 7)

What do you think?
_________________

Jgoldiscool on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rblevens


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 4025
Location: Norman Oklahoma
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent

I was thinking of that same exact trade to Dallas
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SilverStar


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Posts: 2403
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would we trade our 20th and 4th rounder for ty law when we could just as easily pick up miller with the 20th, or get ty law via fa when you guys release him(rumor i heard cuz you guys are getting cocky and think you can turn anyone into probowl calibre).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hollywood14


Joined: 15 Oct 2004
Posts: 13672
Location: LSU
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, news flash Law is not getting cut and I said the Cowboys would give the Pats just pick 20 for Law and 4th round pick. I hate all these Cowboy fans in OUR forum talking [inappropriate/removed] about the Pats and oh yeah BiggD tell the Pats and the players that they cant turn a no name to a big name, do you want me to name you sum of the top of my head?

Mike Vrable: Change positon

Randall Gay: Undrafted

Tom Brady: 6th rounder to best Qb in NFL history

David Givens: 7th rounder to 2nd WR on Pats

Tedy Bruschi: DE in college to one of the best LB's in the NFL.

Asante Samuel: 4th round pick who people said would never make it because he ran a 4.6 40..all he did was become the # 1 reason we are so good in the secondary.

Stephen Neal: Undrafted, former weastler and now he starts on the Pats

Adam Vinateri: NFLE player to the best kicker in histroy

Troy Brown: A player who plays every position you ask him to, and just think some people say he wouldn't make it..

Well I named a couple off my head..
_________________

Jgoldiscool on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SilverStar


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Posts: 2403
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but why would we bring in an injury prone aging cb while giving up a 1st round pick when we could draft a guy like jones or rolle with the 11th if we wanted to give up a 1st round pick for a cb. The only reason you propose this trade is because you think our big need is cb and you figure you can dump law off to us and we will jump at the opportunity to grab him. YOU'RE WRONG, and if you hate the fact that cowboys fans dome in this forum its because pats fans posted in our forum before. RBlevens has been posting in our forum for a long time and since he won't stop we decided we'd come over here to see how you like it. if you don't like us being in here, tell your fellow pats fans to stay away from our forum, until that happens you're stuck with us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hollywood14


Joined: 15 Oct 2004
Posts: 13672
Location: LSU
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to a good source who works with the Dallas Cowboys and he said he heard Parcells doesn't want to develop another CB, he wants to get a vetrean. So thats, why I think they should trade for Law. I don't really care about the Cowboys, So I even with Law they will still have a top 15 pick next year.
_________________

Jgoldiscool on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RD


Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Posts: 2955
Location: Long Beach, CA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas wont make that trade with New England.

For one, LAw is up there in age and didnt play much this season. The 4th rounder means nothing in that, so essentially, it's Law for a late first rounder, and that's not going to happen.

Law's injury is very serious. In fact, it could be career ending. We're not going to get a draft pick for Law. Either he's cut and he strikes out on the FA market, or he shows us he's healing correctly, and we re-negotiate a lower contract. No team will trade for him with that injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rblevens


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 4025
Location: Norman Oklahoma
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BiggD wrote:
yeah, but why would we bring in an injury prone aging cb while giving up a 1st round pick when we could draft a guy like jones or rolle with the 11th if we wanted to give up a 1st round pick for a cb. The only reason you propose this trade is because you think our big need is cb and you figure you can dump law off to us and we will jump at the opportunity to grab him. YOU'RE WRONG, and if you hate the fact that cowboys fans dome in this forum its because pats fans posted in our forum before. RBlevens has been posting in our forum for a long time and since he won't stop we decided we'd come over here to see how you like it. if you don't like us being in here, tell your fellow pats fans to stay away from our forum, until that happens you're stuck with us.


I live closer to Dallas than half the ppl in that forum

and I actually contribute and I don't start stupid [inappropriate/removed] like you do

Everytime a cowboys fan comes in here he talks [inappropriate/removed] about the Pats dynasty

So how about you shut the [inappropriate/removed] up and actually contribute and don't single me out
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SilverStar


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Posts: 2403
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rblevens wrote:
BiggD wrote:
yeah, but why would we bring in an injury prone aging cb while giving up a 1st round pick when we could draft a guy like jones or rolle with the 11th if we wanted to give up a 1st round pick for a cb. The only reason you propose this trade is because you think our big need is cb and you figure you can dump law off to us and we will jump at the opportunity to grab him. YOU'RE WRONG, and if you hate the fact that cowboys fans dome in this forum its because pats fans posted in our forum before. RBlevens has been posting in our forum for a long time and since he won't stop we decided we'd come over here to see how you like it. if you don't like us being in here, tell your fellow pats fans to stay away from our forum, until that happens you're stuck with us.


I live closer to Dallas than half the ppl in that forum

and I actually contribute and I don't start stupid **** like you do

Everytime a cowboys fan comes in here he talks **** about the Pats dynasty

So how about you shut the **** up and actually contribute and don't single me out


dude, im not singling you out. i am just stating that although we might bring in another cb it won't involve us trading a first rounder for a guy who might never play to his old level, let alone be around for 3-4 more years. if we want a cb we will pick one up in fa, or give our incumbents a chance since they were all hurt this season. you are correct that parcells doesn't want to develop another rookie cb but he has also said that the position has been devalued so all we need is an average rcb to play, not an aging pro bowler. also, i don't come in here starting [inappropriate/removed], in fact i have nothing but respect for the pats(check my posts). i don't complain about you posting in our forum so y u complain about me posting here. after all, this thread has to do with the cowboys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SilverStar


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Posts: 2403
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rblevens wrote:
BiggD wrote:
yeah, but why would we bring in an injury prone aging cb while giving up a 1st round pick when we could draft a guy like jones or rolle with the 11th if we wanted to give up a 1st round pick for a cb. The only reason you propose this trade is because you think our big need is cb and you figure you can dump law off to us and we will jump at the opportunity to grab him. YOU'RE WRONG, and if you hate the fact that cowboys fans dome in this forum its because pats fans posted in our forum before. RBlevens has been posting in our forum for a long time and since he won't stop we decided we'd come over here to see how you like it. if you don't like us being in here, tell your fellow pats fans to stay away from our forum, until that happens you're stuck with us.


I live closer to Dallas than half the ppl in that forum

and I actually contribute and I don't start stupid **** like you do

Everytime a cowboys fan comes in here he talks **** about the Pats dynasty

So how about you shut the **** up and actually contribute and don't single me out


dude, im not singling you out. i am just stating that although we might bring in another cb it won't involve us trading a first rounder for a guy who might never play to his old level, let alone be around for 3-4 more years. if we want a cb we will pick one up in fa, or give our incumbents a chance since they were all hurt this season. you are correct that parcells doesn't want to develop another rookie cb but he has also said that the position has been devalued so all we need is an average rcb to play, not an aging pro bowler. also, i don't come in here starting [inappropriate/removed], in fact i have nothing but respect for the pats(check my posts). i don't complain about you posting in our forum so y u complain about me posting here. after all, this thread has to do with the cowboys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rblevens


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 4025
Location: Norman Oklahoma
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"RBlevens has been posting in our forum for a long time and since he won't stop we decided we'd come over here to see how you like it. if you don't like us being in here, tell your fellow pats fans to stay away from our forum, until that happens you're stuck with us."

sorry I thought that was calling me out

If you look at some of the other posts in here that cowboys fans posted you will realize why we hate cowboys fans
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
cboyzphan21


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 1220
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say that law is worth around a late 2nd round pick if that at all maybe third rounder because there is alot of depth at cornerback in FA this year and they are all young, law has a massive contract, he is old, injury prone, and hes cocky [inappropriate/removed] hell who does he think he is Randy Moss.
I say the most the cowboys give is our fourth rounder for law, and if u guys dont like it f*** it we can get charles woodson for nothing and hes younger and better probably even cheaper, and also Gary Baxter, Ken lucas, Fred Smoot. Personally that is what i think Law aint worth nothing this year maybe last year when there was a high demand on Cbs but this year with so many FA young Cbs and cheap with around the same talent and healthy.

Please dont think the Cowboys are gonna give anything more than a third for Law even though we dont have a third.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group