Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How I Met Your Mother
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broller, if real, could become the most popular new invention. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Apodrocks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is talking about the broller, but Ted's puppet was the best part of this episode. That had me rolling.

^Packerbacker87 on the sig, thanks!
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apodrocks wrote:
Everyone is talking about the broller, but Ted's puppet was the best part of this episode. That had me rolling.

BUT I WAS CONVINCED SHE WAS THE ONE. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
StRawz11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never found this show funny, but always enjoyed the stories and drama. This season has disappointed me, besides Quinn, nothing really important has happened.

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
thrILL!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
I never found this show funny, but always enjoyed the stories and drama. This season has disappointed me, besides Quinn, nothing really important has happened.

Well, Ted is now $70K in debt bcuz he's the stupidest character in TV history. Klaus, who ran away from his own wedding, got Ted to pay his Dad back for the wedding. I just don't get what the writers are doing with him each week. Barney's nursery rhymes were hilarious and so was the bit with Robin and the motorcycle. Ted is useless. More like...

How I Met A Woman With Low Self-Esteem & Convinced Her To Marry A Pathetic Idiot

Wink

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 71 rec. 1132 yds, 9 TDs
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still love this show regardless of how some of you feel about Ted, old episodes, new episodes....... your negativity will not sway me ever!!!!!!!!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
thurst

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Still love this show regardless of how some of you feel about Ted, old episodes, new episodes....... your negativity will not sway me ever!!!!!!!!!!

I'm right there with you. If you "don't like the show", or its "getting worse", or the "writing is terrible", then stop watching the show. Its like you just want something to complain about. And don't say, well I want to see who the mother is!!!! You can tune in to the series finale whenever it airs cause thats when she'll be revealed.
Texas Rangers
thrILL!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurst wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

I'm right there with you. If you "don't like the show", or its "getting worse", or the "writing is terrible", then stop watching the show. Its like you just want something to complain about. And don't say, well I want to see who the mother is!!!! You can tune in to the series finale whenever it airs cause thats when she'll be revealed.

How can it not bother you when Ted lets Klaus stay at his apt and even worse agrees to pay $70K to Klaus' father for the canceled wedding with Victoria that Klaus BAILED on himself??? Sure there are funny moments but how can ppl not be aggravated by this? I'd hate to see what's on your DVR.

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 71 rec. 1132 yds, 9 TDs
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
thurst wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

How can it not bother you when Ted lets Klaus stay at his apt and even worse agrees to pay $70K to Klaus' father for the canceled wedding with Victoria that Klaus BAILED on himself??? Sure there are funny moments but how can ppl not be aggravated by this? I'd hate to see what's on your DVR.

Because its a TV SHOW!!!! A comedy at that!!!

Question is why does it bother you so much????

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
thurst wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

Because its a TV SHOW!!!! A comedy at that!!!

Because no human in their right mind would do that...

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

I say again... its television!!!

How many physicists get a girl like Kelly Cuoco (sp) ??? (CBS)

How many old men (not filthy rich) get a woman like Sofia Vergara ??? (ABC)

How many aliens live next door to you ??? (ABC)

its Entertainment.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that it's a TV show doesn't mean everything is dumbed down to the point where you're not allowed to question any plot choices that are made. A good TV show will suspend your belief in such a way that doesn't draw attention to strands of implausibility. HIYM, on the other hand, is instead directly insulting their fans' intelligence by putting out completely idiotic storylines.

If the end of HIMYM was a reveal that Ted Mosby is actually an alien who needed to return home so that he could marry a cactus, would you just say, "Oh yeah, it's just TV, anything goes!" The entire challenge of television is figuring out where the line is between believable and not, and HIMYM long ago forgot how to look for that line. I don't understand how you can look at anything critically if you're only attitude is, "It's TV! Who cares! I'm going to turn my brain off!"

Not to mention, you can get away with having more things being implausible and/or unbelievable when the product is at least funny, which HIMYM no longer is.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

its Entertainment.

Exactly, its a tv show. If you want it to be more realistic, watch a reality tv show like one of the fifty thousand real housewife/kardashian/honey boo boo crap thats out there.

And my DVR this week has recorded, HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, Hawaii Five-0, Revolution, Ben and Kate, Tosh.0, Arrow, and Modern Family. Normaly New Girl would be on there as well, but the debate was on, which was an interesting watch. Tonight will be Big Bang, The Office, Two and a half Men, possibly others that I just don't remember plus the Thursday night game.
Texas Rangers
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Not to mention, you can get away with having more things being implausible and/or unbelievable when the product is at least funny, which HIMYM no longer is.

I disagree.

But I understand the point you are making although the show has had many far fetched storylines that were very funny that I doubt many complained about. Barney alone has done more things that aren't believable than anyone.

I did think the Klaus thing was dumb, but I still find the show humorous and enjoy all the characters.

Anyway, guess I will agree to disagree and those that want to hate it shall do so.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
I don't see why that matters. I don't watch this show for an idiot to make stupid decisions that no human would make. I watch this show because I like watching the gang hang out and get in shenanigans together (and to finally get a pay off and see how Ted meets the mother)...and that is happening less and less.
JDLefebvre wrote:
I couldn't tell you that, but I have seen many women that I objectively thought were much more attractive than the men they were with. That's not really that ridiculous of a scenario.
JDLefebvre wrote:
I don't see the point of this considering that Jay is filthy rich.
JDLefebvre wrote:
That's science fiction, not a comedy based on someone trying to find true love or whatever. I can handle science fiction when I know I'm watching science fiction. What I can't handle is someone being a total moron and making completely irrational decisions that no one would make just because the writers are trying to get a cheap laugh out of their shrinking audience.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 88 of 101

Jump to: