Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beer Review Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Just tried Sam Adams White Christmas...not bad.
I'm interested in buying one of the winter variety packs. I've heard Old Fezziwig is really good, but I'd hate to buy the variety pack to find out there's only one really good beer in it.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend some beers that are somewhat similar to Sierra Nevada? That's what my dad drinks right now, but he switches up a lot. Looking to buy him a six pack of something he hasn't had for Christmas.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Can anyone recommend some beers that are somewhat similar to Sierra Nevada? That's what my dad drinks right now, but he switches up a lot. Looking to buy him a six pack of something he hasn't had for Christmas.

Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues. Best American Pale you can get. Should be able to find it at BevMo.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues. Best American Pale you can get. Should be able to find it at BevMo.

Cool, thanks. Lame it doesn't come in bottles, though.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Lame? Cans are a far better storage device. Light is the enemy of beer, and the biggest reason it becomes skunky. Can't shine light through aluminum.

Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Lame? Cans are a far better storage device. Light is the enemy of beer, and the biggest reason it becomes skunky. Can't shine light through aluminum.

Isn't that only if you plan on storing it, though? He doesn't mind if it's in a can. I know he prefers bottles, though.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Isn't that only if you plan on storing it, though? He doesn't mind if it's in a can. I know he prefers bottles, though.

Nope. If it's on the shelf, being transported, at the brewery, it's getting light. Most people only prefer bottles because they were told it was better. Beer cans are lined with a plastic film, so the whole "it tastes like metal" thing is just a myth too.

Buy in cans, pour into the correct glass. Best way to drink a beer that you didn't get on tap.

Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Nope. If it's on the shelf, being transported, at the brewery, it's getting light. Most people only prefer bottles because they were told it was better. Beer cans are lined with a plastic film, so the whole "it tastes like metal" thing is just a myth too.

Buy in cans, pour into the correct glass. Best way to drink a beer that you didn't get on tap.

Alright. I'll take your word for it because I drink like twice a year. Laughing

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

well it tastes like metal because most people drink it out of the can.

if you're gonna pour it in a glass, cans are better, but if you have to drink from the container it came in, bottles are much better.

El Ramster on the amazing work
opeth0500

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

I personally like the skunky taste in German lager.

Mesa Titan, what Sierra Nevada does your dad like?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:

Sweetwater 420 is a nice PA as well. Very similar to Sierra Nevada, maybe a tad more hops.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Sweetwater 420 is a nice PA as well. Very similar to Sierra Nevada, maybe a tad more hops.

You can only get it in the Southeast, and a couple random states. Sounds good from the reviews I'm seeing.

deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natural Light. Naturally delicious. What more is there to say? At roughly $14/30 case, it is the most delectable alcoholic beverage that could grace your taste buds.

When the night is young and you're bros aren't sure how to start the evening, a beeline to the "Natty" pyramid at the back of your local liquor store is always a smart choice. Crack open a bottle, let the bubbly carbonation tickle your nose, and drink. Drink fast. If a normal sipping isn't your style, Natural Light is the perfect beer to shotgun. Grab your lamest friend's keys, puncture a hole in your can, let your bros do the same, stand in a circle out in the 20 degree weather, and see who gets to enjoy the incomparable flavors of Natural Light the fastest.

And the ladies like it just fine, too Wink. Regardless of where you are - from a dirty college dorm room to a swanky lounge in Paris - the hunnies are always asking for a glass or two of that sweet nectar that they call Natural Light. And with 4.2% alcohol content, it'll only take them 3 or 4 until they're on the dancefloor and giving you their number.

A rating for this beer does not give it justice. The unique flavor will always make for a unique night. Natty Light.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are you kids gonna learn? Drinking light beers is such a waste. All you're doing is consuming more water, less alcohol, getting a horrid flavor, and since it's brewed with corn instead of grain, you're begging for a hangover. A 6 pack of really good beer is worth more than a 30 pack of a light beer, and it costs a little less.

devils1854

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
boondock wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

You can only get it in the Southeast, and a couple random states. Sounds good from the reviews I'm seeing.

420 is a descent beer, but I think that Sweetwater's IPA is much better. Its definitely top 10, and Ive had hundereds of IPAs.

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: