Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beer Review Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRONCOS_BABY!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Best:

saintsdynasty

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waldo wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Waldo wrote:
PackerFanDan wrote:
That's not bad. Aren't they a lot stronger than the mainstream cheap beers though? A lot of calories?

Depends on what you are looking for. You can find 80 calories and 3% ABV and 1000 calories and 11% ABV. If the whole point were getting hammered, the Beast blows their doors off hands down. Though I do drink a lot, 5 days a week I drink a beer or two in the evening, which does not faze me in the least bit unless I've got a powerful one.

My favorite beer of all is about 4% ABV, about 120 calories, very expensive, yet worth every penny, I buy a bottle every time I see it in the store, and have thus far located 1 bar, and 4 liquor stores in the city of Atlanta that carry it.

and which might that be?

Innis & Gunn

My father buys that for his scotch.
I got about 48 bottles of them sitting around my house, in various fridges.
They are off limits to me ha ha, nearly was killed for attempting to drink one.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Castle Brown Ale---> 9.0

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
PackerFanDan wrote:
Beast as in Milwaukee's Best right? Ew, I hate that stuff. I like Keystone, Coors and Miller Lite over that any day if you're just getting drunk or playing pong.

Don't want to hi-jack Waldo's thread, but Beast and Keystone are the only beers I will drink from a can.

Can or bottle I'm drinking whatever is given to me. I'm the least picky eater and drinker you'll find. I find I save a ton more money that way.
xeno2121

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate every American beer I have ever tried, but that is just the typical ones like Budweiser and Miller. If anyone here saw you drinking a light beer you would immediately become a suspected steamer.

I drink Heineken(also known locally as Ken, Special K, Vitamin H, etc) roughly 70% of the time and there is nothing like a few cold pints of Ken while watching a game in a pub. I usually drink Corona or local beer when abroad, the best beer I have ever drank was in The Hague, a beer called Hertzog-Jan which I have not been able to find in any other country.

I am also shocked and jealous of how cheap alcohol is in the states, in Minnesota a naggin(200ml) of Smirnoff vodka was 3.50 USD, its roughly 8 here, I know its not beer but its a good example. A pint(520ml) is roughly 5 here in a pub, which is why people my age always pre-drink before going out. But that is expensive too! 6 Coronas here costs about 13!

What do you guys think of Guinness? As an Irish person I have to say nobody I know drinks it!
xeno2121

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Only 2 Beers I drink regularly are Coors Lite(Favorite) and Keystone Light(Relative ease to obtain)... And Corona on $1 Coronita Night at the local bar. Thats it, and that's all I care for.

Also any place that sells Corona for a dollar is the promised land! Wow alcohol in the States is so cheap, in Biarritz I payed 8(over ten dollars) for a Corona in a bar!
boondock

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeno2121 wrote:

What do you guys think of Guinness? As an Irish person I have to say nobody I know drinks it!

I like Guinness. While it's not a beer that I regularly get, it's still a favorite when all else fails. It's a very smooth beer that's also very thick, which is why some get a "milk mustache" after drinking it from a tap....the only way I will have it.

I treat Guinness like a "goodie" beer, it's a beer that I will have 1-2 glasses of after a meal or treat myself to after a long day. I could not drink more than 2 at a time as they are so filling.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale is probably my favorite. I'm a big fan of dark ales.
fraziafraze07

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Waldo, have you ever been in Wyoming and tried some of the beers brewed by the Snake River Brewery. Their Snake River Lager is the best beer I've ever had, granted, I haven't sampled a fraction of the quantity of different beers you have.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
mpmfootball

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter.... friend gave it to me when i visited cleveland a week ago... best beer I have had recently

villanova wildcats in 07
Waldo

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpmfootball wrote:
Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter.... friend gave it to me when i visited cleveland a week ago... best beer I have had recently

I like that one. They do (or did) make a good Kolsh too. I haven't had any Great Lakes in ages, it was readily available when I lived in Wi and Mn, but since moving to Ga I haven't seen it around.

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!

Last edited by Waldo on Sat May 02, 2009 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waldo

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraziafraze07 wrote:
Hey Waldo, have you ever been in Wyoming and tried some of the beers brewed by the Snake River Brewery. Their Snake River Lager is the best beer I've ever had, granted, I haven't sampled a fraction of the quantity of different beers you have.

I think I tried Snake River Beer years ago in Minneapolis, I can't recall, but I definitely haven't seen it in the south. If I did it doesn't stick with me as being very memorable.

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!
Waldo

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
xeno2121 wrote:

I like Guinness. While it's not a beer that I regularly get, it's still a favorite when all else fails. It's a very smooth beer that's also very thick, which is why some get a "milk mustache" after drinking it from a tap....the only way I will have it.

I treat Guinness like a "goodie" beer, it's a beer that I will have 1-2 glasses of after a meal or treat myself to after a long day. I could not drink more than 2 at a time as they are so filling.

Really? I don't know of a lighter beer. If I watch a football game at home I generally get a bunch of cans for the 2nd quarter and beyond since it goes down so fast and easy, but doesn't really pack that much of a punch.

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best beer I've ever had:

Boulevard Brewery's Lunar Ale

BREWERY LOCATION: Kansas City, Missouri

STYLE: Unfiltered Brown Ale

AVAILABILITY: Year-round; bottles and draught

INGREDIENTS: Pale & Amber malts, malted & unmalted Wheat, Dehusked Chocolate malt. Magnum & Simcoe hops.

STARTING GRAVITY: 12.0 degrees Plato

ALCOHOL: 4.0% by weight, 5.1% by volume

BITTERNESS UNITS: 15 IBUs

AVERAGE EBC COLOR: 34

SENSORY DESCRIPTION: Very versatile beer. Light sweetness complements light foods and malty/smoky flavor can stand up to some spicier dishes. Flavor hooks: fruit, cloves, roasted malt

PAIRINGS: Lightly caramelized flavors from grilling chicken or seafood, roasted chicken or pork, stews, sausages, salads, and desserts including walnuts or almonds

I'd definitely grade it around an 8.5. I can't get enough of it and they don't sell it in Springfield. I have to drive to Kansas City to get it, so whenever I go to a Chiefs game, I get some Gates BBQ & chase it with a few of these bad boys. My own personal nirvana.

Another one of my favorite past time beers is none other than the little fat boys themselves...Mickeys! Yum.

Great idea for a thread. I, too, am a huge beer enthusiast. Then again, anyone who's posted in any of the same threads I have over the past 2 years probably already knows that! Laughing

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
mpmfootball

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waldo wrote:
boondock wrote:
xeno2121 wrote:

Really? I don't know of a lighter beer. If I watch a football game at home I generally get a bunch of cans for the 2nd quarter and beyond since it goes down so fast and easy, but doesn't really pack that much of a punch.

Guinness Is basically a meal in itself... very filling beer... its good but I find that I almost have to be in the "mood" for it... I would only get it on tap

villanova wildcats in 07

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: