Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Larry Sanders
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
A.J. Hawk Fan


Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 13879
Location: 'Sconsin (JTag7754 on the awesome work)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Larry Sanders Reply with quote

Last year there was a topic regarding how Sanders was on his way to becoming one of the best centers in the game (and we all laughed at that poster, including me). But this year, his game has been anything but laughable. The bucks don't get much media attention, but as of right now he is leading the league in blocks and finally bringing energy to a energy deprived Bucks fan base. My question to you is this, could he be the DPOY and the MIP if he keeps up this current pace?
_________________

3-Peat Footballs Future Elite Baseball League Champion
Peppers90 wrote:
If you win this year, I'll quit the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7558
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Larry Sanders Reply with quote

A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
Last year there was a topic regarding how Sanders was on his way to becoming one of the best centers in the game (and we all laughed at that poster, including me). But this year, his game has been anything but laughable. The bucks don't get much media attention, but as of right now he is leading the league in blocks and finally bringing energy to a energy deprived Bucks fan base. My question to you is this, could he be the DPOY and the MIP if he keeps up this current pace?


He is definitely a candidate for DPOY. Not sure about MIP though - I'm under the impression his success is more a factor of getting a bigger role than making "improvements" during the offseason.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35631
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanders is DPOY

MIP, I have holiday
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cali2Wisco


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 2285
Location: 1st Round Bye
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love larry sanders, never seen him play, but he wins blocks for me every week in a $2,000 fantasy league
_________________

kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19764
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Vasquez is MIP. Sanders could definitely win DPOY at this pace
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 41678
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
General Vasquez is MIP. Sanders could definitely win DPOY at this pace


^^^I doubt it. The way these things work, I can see him finishing somewhere after Kobe, LeBron, and Westbrook (he got a DPOY vote last year I believe, LOL).
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AP_ALL_DAY_28


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 5057
Location: Central Coast, California
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPOY? I would vote for him.

I saw him play last night at the Staples Center & he got off to a great start, but than got in foul trouble. He was extremely over-matched against Howard though.
_________________

NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings
MLB: Indians
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 34298
Location: drinking scotch with marc lasry & wes edens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea kind of dumb but i bet like kobe wins. too much politics


sanders is an amazing shot blocker though. one of the best i've ever seen. still needs to work on post D a tad though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
A.J. Hawk Fan


Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 13879
Location: 'Sconsin (JTag7754 on the awesome work)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
DPOY? I would vote for him.

I saw him play last night at the Staples Center & he got off to a great start, but than got in foul trouble. He was extremely over-matched against Howard though.
Give it one more year, and I think he will be right on par with Howard defensively, offensively is a whole different story.
_________________

3-Peat Footballs Future Elite Baseball League Champion
Peppers90 wrote:
If you win this year, I'll quit the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 41678
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a couple eyepopping plays where he really owned Dwight. One one postup he pulled the chair and stuffed Dwight after getting backed down pretty far.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12186
Location: ----------------- Props to Jamison. on the dope signature!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
General Vasquez is MIP. Sanders could definitely win DPOY at this pace


^^^I doubt it. The way these things work, I can see him finishing somewhere after Kobe, LeBron, and Westbrook (he got a DPOY vote last year I believe, LOL).


Usually your pretty spot on with the humor Mossburg, not really sure I get your point here, though.

When has MIP not typically gone to a player who (for the most part) actually warranted it?

I mean, this is an award Bobby Simmons won, BOBBY friggin SIMMONS. Laughing
_________________
BlaqOptic wrote:
I'VE NEVER SEEN A MORE EFFING LUCKY TEAM IN MY LIFE! Combination of Crap officiating and Jesus helping them out every damn game!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 41678
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
General Vasquez is MIP. Sanders could definitely win DPOY at this pace


^^^I doubt it. The way these things work, I can see him finishing somewhere after Kobe, LeBron, and Westbrook (he got a DPOY vote last year I believe, LOL).


Usually your pretty spot on with the humor Mossburg, not really sure I get your point here, though.

When has MIP not typically gone to a player who (for the most part) actually warranted it?

I mean, this is an award Bobby Simmons won, BOBBY friggin SIMMONS. Laughing


I was commenting on DPOY.

But to answer your question regarding MIP, last year. Pekovic > Anderson
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12186
Location: ----------------- Props to Jamison. on the dope signature!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
I was commenting on DPOY.

But to answer your question regarding MIP, last year. Pekovic > Anderson


Ah, gotcha.

But nah, it was a pretty close race (up until the actual time of voting), but Pek didn't really come on until like a third of the way through the season, and iirc, had his fair share of injuries that he dealt with throughout the season. Anderson, while he did have some bouts of inconsistency himself, still finished relatively strong last year and even seemed to excel without Howard in the lineup next to him.

Though he did not have the greatest impact in his first round series, he did at least make it to the first round and his performance was more indicative of him trying to do too much against a Pacers team that was simply too much for the Magic to handle w/o Howard.
_________________
BlaqOptic wrote:
I'VE NEVER SEEN A MORE EFFING LUCKY TEAM IN MY LIFE! Combination of Crap officiating and Jesus helping them out every damn game!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 32110
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vasquez is good and all, but he plays on a 12-26 team, he doesn't deserve an award. Larry Sanders should win both Most Improved Player and DPoY.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19764
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Vasquez is good and all, but he plays on a 12-26 team, he doesn't deserve an award. Larry Sanders should win both Most Improved Player and DPoY.

Right, because 19-18 is way better. The Hornets will finish well with Gordon back and Vasquez has improved in every way as a basketball player, all Sanders got better at us defense, the guys still useless on offense.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group