Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Steelers QB ...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: 2017 Steelers QB ...? Reply with quote

Found out a bit of interesting news about Penn State's #1 QB recruit Christian Hackenburg. As the following article explains he has ties to my home town which coincidentally is named Hometown as Marian Catholic is actually in Hometown, Pa (the mailing address is Tamaqua). Lot of good character information in this article interesting to anyone that follows Penn State especially.

Big Ben's contract is up after the 2016 season...never know

I really like what I've seen of him on tape, not so much concerned with results as I don't even know the statistics. His throwing motion, technique, size and overall ability look very good. Its been rare for PSU to have real QB prospects so this is extremely exciting..

http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/psu/mc-penn-state-recruiting-christian-hackenberg-20130205,0,1534496.story

...you have a forum resume?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumping the gun, arent we? Laughing Cool

Anyway, way too soon. Read up him but I havent seen anything on him as far as game footage. I hear good things, but I think its way too soon to really say whether he is pro material. Wasnt Anthony Morelli a 5 star recruit? I remember alot of people being really high on him and he sucked hard. Not saying the same thing will happen here, just loosely comparing the situations.

Honestly, if Ben keeps getting hurt, I wont be shocked if they start looking for his future replacemnent as early as next year. Maybe not a first round pick, but I wouldnt be shocked if they spent a 3rd round pick on a QB in 2014 or 2015.

On a side note, I have to eat some crow regarding Bill OBrien. I admittedly did not like the hire initially, but he walked into a disaster, had the team playing at very high level considering all the sanctions and transfers, stayed here despite other offers to go to other schools or go pro for likely more money, and is still managing to get decent recruits despite all the crap.

Nothing but respect for the man now...hopefully he stays at Penn State for a long time...but I wont blame him if he doesnt.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gave me a reason to link him to the Steelers ...I know there are more than a few PSU fans in here ..

Funny thing is re-reading the article I realize that I believe we played against his uncle Justin...in the way back time machine ...

CanadianSteeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont really see the point of discussing something so far away.....really? Shouldbt we be more worried about the qb for 2013,2014,2015 haha...
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morelli had attitude and learning issues, especially learning as far as I understood. I never recognized him as a 5 star prospect when I saw him...more like 3 ..but we always hope.

My concern would be more like Ron Powlus-Berwick, Pa...which may be more than a few years before your time. For those that don't know he is/was the role model for what can happen to a high school kid that you set overzealous lofty expectations on. I believe it was Beano Cook that said he was like the next whatever but it was a lot of pressure. Funny story for me was that in a freshman game we actually broke their starting QB's leg....Ron Powlus was the starter the following season.

Ron went on to start at Notre Dame but never quite flourished. As I said he is often used as the example of what not to do to a kid.

http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/cant_miss_prospects/ron_powlus.html

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanadianSteeler wrote:
Dont really see the point of discussing something so far away.....really? Shouldbt we be more worried about the qb for 2013,2014,2015 haha...

Really more of a "local" story, Penn State being one of or the main school around the Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania area.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43: Be careful to not throw snowballs, pencils, or any object at his arm and break it while at PSU!! JPN will probably attack you and break both your arms!! Laughing
CanadianSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justplainnasty I know the logistics of the schools and follow penn state...but a qb who just started university....is it worthy of talking nfl.....maybe its just me....
Dook

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2017 QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers will be Nico Johnson because he's 6' 2".

Championship!!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:

Championship!!!

Do you have something against making logical posts?

Or does the nonsense you spew just come naturally?

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet some guys in the Mock draft forum have already started their 2017 mock drafts! Laughing All I know is, if we take him in the 1st round, I hope its with pick #32 Cool

Go Noles!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@43: Be careful to not throw snowballs, pencils, or any object at his arm and break it while at PSU!! JPN will probably attack you and break both your arms!! Laughing

I dont really get this at all.
The basis of this entire forum is "footballs future", not past, not current but future. Essentially revolving around the draft, if not it would just be another football forum, such Football Today.

I could've just posted this in the Penn State forum I suppose but knew there were a few Penn State fans specifically 43 and myself. I thought it would be a good idea to actually inform some of you ahead of time of the character of an extremely potential prospect for the pros some day.

I know better now.

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:

Championship!!!

Lol, just embarrassing

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: