You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shottenheimer is TERRIBLE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBisback2006

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
GBisback2006 wrote:
Quote:
You will not find one Charger fan or Charger player that wants him gone (exept maybe Rivers lol).

most of my buddies think he should be gone but not all of them are chargers fans. im a packers fan myself but i love watching the chargers win.

People of your ilck do not know anything about Marty ball, and since I know you don't watch alot of Chargers games you don't know why we lost what.

bro i watch them damn near every sunday because i live in san diego county and they take up a lot of the packers games that i rather watch. marty will get u a decnt record but folds under pressure and remember that jets game? ya kaeding choked but marty got consernative and pulled up for a 40 yarder. weak job again by marty.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBisback2006 wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:
GBisback2006 wrote:
Quote:
You will not find one Charger fan or Charger player that wants him gone (exept maybe Rivers lol).

most of my buddies think he should be gone but not all of them are chargers fans. im a packers fan myself but i love watching the chargers win.

People of your ilck do not know anything about Marty ball, and since I know you don't watch alot of Chargers games you don't know why we lost what.

bro i watch them damn near every sunday because i live in san diego county and they take up a lot of the packers games that i rather watch. marty will get u a decnt record but folds under pressure and remember that jets game? ya kaeding choked but marty got consernative and pulled up for a 40 yarder. weak job again by marty.

You are suppose to go conservative when you have an unproven QB (Brees has never been that good before, or in the playoff) and a great RB.

~ Lork
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think Marty Schottenheimer is a good coach for the San Diego Chargers.

This is a team ready to take the next step, but he has never done that with a team, our team has intensity some games, others not as much. You cannot blame that fully on Marty, but c'mon with this talent we should have made the playoffs. I don't think we really underachieved though because we had so many roadblocks along the way. I don't want to fire Marty either because it will take our team too long to recouperate, he has to stay until the end. Don't get me wrong he is not a bad coach by any means, but he does have his faults, many of which cost us close games.

For the people saying no charger fans dislike Marty, you are wrong. I go to a diehard charger board, and tailgate with a bunch of other fans and it's about 60/40 keeping Marty to firing him. Many people dislike him, but he has changed his ways a bit and I respect him. Unfortuneately until he gets this team to the next level there will be question marks surrounding him.
GBisback2006

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
GBisback2006 wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:
GBisback2006 wrote:
Quote:

You are suppose to go conservative when you have an unproven QB (Brees has never been that good before, or in the playoff) and a great RB.

if u say so. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Marty fan. He has had some great teams in the past but has never gotten them to the next level. When he does get you into the playoffs, he is usually 1 and done losing the 1st game. He had a great team in KC, get to the playoffs but not advance. Bad team in Washington, couldn't do anything with them. Great inconsistent team here in San Diego and can't do anything with them.
GBisback2006

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
I do not think Marty Schottenheimer is a good coach for the San Diego Chargers.

This is a team ready to take the next step, but he has never done that with a team, our team has intensity some games, others not as much. You cannot blame that fully on Marty, but c'mon with this talent we should have made the playoffs. I don't think we really underachieved though because we had so many roadblocks along the way. I don't want to fire Marty either because it will take our team too long to recouperate, he has to stay until the end. Don't get me wrong he is not a bad coach by any means, but he does have his faults, many of which cost us close games.

For the people saying no charger fans dislike Marty, you are wrong. I go to a diehard charger board, and tailgate with a bunch of other fans and it's about 60/40 keeping Marty to firing him. Many people dislike him, but he has changed his ways a bit and I respect him. Unfortuneately until he gets this team to the next level there will be question marks surrounding him.

i agree 100%

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty-ball is not here in San Diego any longer, at least in the regular season. Cam Cameron has been given full control of the offense, and by NO means has he been conservative. In fact the Chargers have been criticized for not using L.T. enough.

But, teams concentrate on stoping L.T., and this year they have been fairly effective. I beleive Brees is the one that must make teams respect our passing game. Maybe we do need another veteran WR, because I see Brees drop back with time and find nobody open. I like Eric Parker, but maybe he's not gettin' open enough.

Where I see the biggest problem with the Chargers is the blocking in the middle. Nick Hardwick, Kris Dielman, Bob Halen, and Mike Goff(not as much as the others), have got to play better. Since the Dolphins game I have noticed a collapsing pocket right up the middle(without a blitz), can't have that. Not to mention, very few holes for L. T.

I am thoroughly frustrated with this team right now, but I do not think Schottenheimer is responsible for what happened, and why we didn't get into the playoffs. There are many factors.

sig done dy alabama_man7

LT=MVP
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think getting rid of Shottenheimer is the answer. I think this team just has to figure it out together. They need to figure out how to put teams away and prevent teams from coming back. I dont know if firing Shotenheimer will answer those concerns.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I dont think getting rid of Shottenheimer is the answer. I think this team just has to figure it out together. They need to figure out how to put teams away and prevent teams from coming back. I dont know if firing Shotenheimer will answer those concerns.

I don't think anyone here has said they want Schootenheimer fired, but rather that he is not a good coach for this team. We all know the rebuilding process that will take place if we hire a new coach.
crazyman33

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to point this out, marty doesnt call fade routes to keenan mccardell. That would be OC's jobs (Cam)
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im curious, who do you all want to be the Chargers coach?? If Shottenheimer isnt "the right coach", who is??
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop flippin' out about schottenheimer. He's the man. Sure he hasn't been to a super bowl but I believe he will with the chargers. Remember it wasn't so long ago when we were in the depths of 1-15, 5-11, 4-12 seasons.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Im curious, who do you all want to be the Chargers coach?? If Shottenheimer isnt "the right coach", who is??

Someone who wil bring some life into this team, and up and coming coach like Pat Hill or Oregon's head coach.
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charger man, your killin' me. I think Schottenheimer is a great coach for this team. Although he did not do it this year, he consistently makes the playoffs. Granted, they underacheived this year but almost none of the losses can be pinned on poor coaching. Maybe Philadelphia. They came out like [inappropriate/removed] against Miami but that's the player's fault. In any case, just give Marty a little time. This team has the potential to go to the Super Bowl next year. Marty will make us a consistent winner (already is) and if we go to the playoffs on a regular basis, we've got a shot at the trophy. I believe Schottenheimer will coach his first Super Bowl as coach of the CHARGERS!
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charger man c'mon, you want to bring in an unproven college coach. That could be a repeat of the Mike Riley experiment. At least Schottenheimer is a proven NFL winner.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: