You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 19th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft......
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: With the 19th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft...... Reply with quote

The Chargers select (fill in the blank)

I first liked the idea of bringing in a WR like Derek Hagan or Martin Nance, but you guys have convnced me to look at LB, S, OT.

I think the Chargers would be wise to add another linebacker to an already impressive group. The Chargers MLBs are aging, and the Chargers should find another playmaker to go with Merriman and Edwards. I want the secondary to be filled with veterans so we can know what were getting and dont have to deal with a rookie struggling in the secondary.

With the 19th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Chargers select Abdul Hodge, LB, University of Iowa.
theone8082

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the Chargers would be wise to add another linebacker to an already impressive group. The Chargers MLBs are aging, and the Chargers should find another playmaker to go with Merriman and Edwards. I want the secondary to be filled with veterans so we can know what were getting and dont have to deal with a rookie struggling in the secondary.

I understand what you mean with the secondary issues, but i think LaRon Landry from LSU is gonna be a tremendous player in the NFL... Kid was a starter as a TRUE freshman of the LSU National Championship team... and so with that...

With the 19th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers select LaRon Landry, Safety, Louisiana State University.
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the pick of Landry and I think that is a definite possibility as well as maybe Chad Greenway at LB and maybe Winston Justice for OT assuming he declares. I like Hodge but I think he'll last to the second round.
GBisback2006

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the chargers need to draft a secondary player, trade philip rivers for a 1st round pickand get a new coach. maybe they can trade with a team in the top 15 and get micheal Huff and then with the 19th pick get Laundry. that would be a dream for a Chargers fan.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 19th pick the Chargers selct...Michael Huff, FS out of Texas.
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft two safeties? That's an awful idea. I would love either Landry or Huff but not both
TrojanMan5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that Antonio Cromartie will declare and if he in fact does I would seriously look into drafting him. He is a very talented player and would be considered a steal at #19. He could be used as either a corner or saftey by us.
theone8082

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
With the 19th pick the Chargers selct...Michael Huff, FS out of Texas.

yea, i was assuming Huff would be gone by the time we pick, but if not, Huff would be my pick too..
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the Falcons are really interested in him and they draft before us, so most likely he won't be. You never know on draft day though.
LTforprez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as id like Huff or Landry, what do you guys think about Santonio Holmes?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first was going with a wide receiver, no one really likes the idea Laughing
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we are able to get the best prospect at WR in the draft at # 19, we won't take a WR there. I see us taking an OT, or trading up to get one. S isn't out of the question either.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully, I don't think any of these WRs warrant a top 20 pick, this is the weakest WR I've seen in the last decade. Wait till the third round, maybe we can get a hometown boy like Jeff Webb there. Very Happy
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Diego will get an OT this year. If the top ones don't make it to us in the first round we will most likely get some prospects in round 2 & 3 to sit and learn for a year.

Unless we pull off a blockbuster trade to move up and take a guy like Ferguson, I don't see us altering the draft order in the first.
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrojanMan5 wrote:
I have heard that Antonio Cromartie will declare and if he in fact does I would seriously look into drafting him. He is a very talented player and would be considered a steal at #19. He could be used as either a corner or saftey by us.

Yeah because a guy who couldn't play all year witha blown knee is a real sure bet with pick 19 Rolling Eyes. Abdul Hodge right now is the only pick to me.

~ Lork

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: