Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scary, creepy stories thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yfz01

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Maybe not necessarily creepy or scary, but this has always intrigued me. The Abraham Lincoln/John F. Kennedy connection:

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.

John F Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.

John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.

Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.

Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford.'

Kennedy was shot in a car called 'Lincoln,' which is manufactured by Ford.

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.

Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

History tends to repeat itself. Shocked

Lil Uno with the sig.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
I heard a couple crazy stories but I will butcher them with my terrible writing.

Alright, so one night this girl got off work and got into her car. As she was leaving the parking garage she noticed this truck was following her. After a few blocks this truck was still following her, very closely. She started to speed up in an attempt to get away from him. The guy continued to follow her at high speeds, honking his horn and flashing his lights. Finally she was able to get away from the guy in the truck. She stops to catch her breath and gets her throat cut by a guy who was in her back seat. The guy in the truck was trying to save her. Shocked

**this was obviously before 3G network. Laughing

this is an urban legend, and is on a movie. Smile and I only know this because I check my backseat before I ever get in my car.

Good call. I also check the backseat after hearing this story.

That story has good metaphoric value as well.

Sometimes we're so worried about whats on the outside that we forget to examine the inside.
Desmond

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered this story after reading the Lincoln-JFK post. This is not mine, this is from The Book of the Bizarre by Varla Ventura.

Quote:
On December 5, 1664, the first event in the greatest series of coincidences in history occurred. On this date, a ship in the Menai Strait, off north Wales, sank with eighty-one passengers on board. There was one survivor - a man named Hugh Williams. On the same date in 1785, a ship sank in the Menai Strait with sixty passengers aboard. There was one survivor - a man named Hugh Williams. On the very same date in 1860, in exactly the same area, a ship sank with twenty-five passengers on board. There was one survivor - a man named Hugh Williams.

Not exactly scary material, but it is pretty cool. The book is pretty neat, my favorite chapter is the coincidence chapter. I can post more if you guys would like. Wink

And I cited this, so hopefully no publisher decides to sue the living daylights out of me.
Integrity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond wrote:
I just remembered this story after reading the Lincoln-JFK post. This is not mine, this is from The Book of the Bizarre by Varla Ventura.

Quote:
On December 5, 1664, the first event in the greatest series of coincidences in history occurred. On this date, a ship in the Menai Strait, off north Wales, sank with eighty-one passengers on board. There was one survivor - a man named Hugh Williams. On the same date in 1785, a ship sank in the Menai Strait with sixty passengers aboard. There was one survivor - a man named Hugh Williams. On the very same date in 1860, in exactly the same area, a ship sank with twenty-five passengers on board. There was one survivor - a man named Hugh Williams.

Not exactly scary material, but it is pretty cool. The book is pretty neat, my favorite chapter is the coincidence chapter. I can post more if you guys would like. Wink

And I cited this, so hopefully no publisher decides to sue the living daylights out of me.

That is wild! I'm going to go buy this book immediately. Its only $10 on Amazon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already posted some on a thread similar to this one. So i'll tell e family one.

My mom has crohns disease, which 20 years ago the doctors mis-diagnosed and almost killed her. She was very ill and on deaths door. While she was out she claims that she re-entered her high school which she and just recently graduated (at this point) about 2 years ago. She went looking for people through the window but couldnt see any one. She proceeded through the front doors and when she opened them she saw her best friend from high school... (i'll call him Jack) Jack, who was murdered 3 years before this dream. She smiled at him and tried to walk past him but every way she turned he blocked her path. Then she said "Jack! Move i really need to get to my classes or else im gonna be late! Move!" But he hugged her and she said that sense they where best friends she knew how he hugged, and it felt the exact same way. Anyways during this hug he said "No go back, its not your time, not now... i'll see you later." And then she woke up and she says he was sitting on the end of her hospital bed smiling and then he melted away. Odd, might have missed a few details as i haven't heard the story in a while, but weird.

RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Maybe not necessarily creepy or scary, but this has always intrigued me. The Abraham Lincoln/John F. Kennedy connection:

Wow. That is some crazy stuff.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond wrote:

Quote:

EDIT:Never mind lol im blind

Last edited by SoCalNiner on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
I heard a couple crazy stories but I will butcher them with my terrible writing.

Alright, so one night this girl got off work and got into her car. As she was leaving the parking garage she noticed this truck was following her. After a few blocks this truck was still following her, very closely. She started to speed up in an attempt to get away from him. The guy continued to follow her at high speeds, honking his horn and flashing his lights. Finally she was able to get away from the guy in the truck. She stops to catch her breath and gets her throat cut by a guy who was in her back seat. The guy in the truck was trying to save her. Shocked

**this was obviously before 3G network. Laughing

this is an urban legend, and is on a movie. Smile and I only know this because I check my backseat before I ever get in my car.

Good call. I also check the backseat after hearing this story.

Yeah, that is an urban legend.

I heard the same thing, but different variation. Girl driving from some place, some dude in truck following her, turning on the high beams at random times. She tries to shake him going home but he keeps following her. She gets home, drives onto drive way, jumps out and yells at husband / mother / relative at doorway to call cops and arrest the guy following her. Guy in truck remains in car behind hers. Cops arrive; truck guy tells them to check back seat; turns out a murderer with knife was there. Every time he stuck his head up, the truck guy turned on his high beams to make him duck his head.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three stories, one paranormal, two not.

[EDITED BY MODERATOR FOR EXCESSIVE VIOLENCE]

Second story is the other non paranormal one, and it happened to me in May of 2009. I was with two of my girl friends and one of their boyfriends. At about midnight, we decided we were really hungry and we went to Taco Bell. I live in a mountain town, so the Taco Bell is about 15 minutes away in the middle of nowhere. Afterwards as we were driving back, the car started acting up. The boyfriend Mark and I were in the back and we were the only ones that saw a hitchhiker on the side of the road. The guy apparently thought that we were stopping to pick him up, so he ran towards the car. Mark and I started screaming for our friend to start the car again but it wouldnt. The guy went to Marks window and tried to open the door, which we had locked. He then started banging on the window screaming to let him in, and told us he would kill us if we didnt (yeah, we're really going to let you in now, crazy guy). The guy broke the window and tried unlocking the door, but Mark punched him in the face before he could do anything. And, pefect timing, the car started, and we were able to drive off. Not going to lie, I literally felt like I was in a horror movie.

Alright, my last story is paranormal. Two weeks ago, my older brother and I were spending the night alone in our condo while my mom was at our house. We were watching a movie and ended up falling asleep on the couches upstairs. In the middle of the night, I heard someone walking around downstairs, but I saw my brother was still sleeping. I woke him up quietly and told him to listen. Suddenly the walking noises turned into thunderous steps coming up the stairs. Classic horror movie status, you know, very slow and loud steps. The steps were getting so close and loud I literally thought I was about to see someone come up from behind the half wall. Right as it sounded like they were about to get to the top, the noises stopped. We were so scared we turned on all the upstairs lights and didnt go to sleep for the rest of the night.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Yeah, that is an urban legend.

I heard the same thing, but different variation. Girl driving from some place, some dude in truck following her, turning on the high beams at random times. She tries to shake him going home but he keeps following her. She gets home, drives onto drive way, jumps out and yells at husband / mother / relative at doorway to call cops and arrest the guy following her. Guy in truck remains in car behind hers. Cops arrive; truck guy tells them to check back seat; turns out a murderer with knife was there. Every time he stuck his head up, the truck guy turned on his high beams to make him duck his head.

That's the version I remember reading.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
LIEY8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honalulufan20 wrote:
I have already posted some on a thread similar to this one. So i'll tell e family one.

My mom has crohns disease, which 20 years ago the doctors mis-diagnosed and almost killed her. She was very ill and on deaths door. While she was out she claims that she re-entered her high school which she and just recently graduated (at this point) about 2 years ago. She went looking for people through the window but couldnt see any one. She proceeded through the front doors and when she opened them she saw her best friend from high school... (i'll call him Jack) Jack, who was murdered 3 years before this dream. She smiled at him and tried to walk past him but every way she turned he blocked her path. Then she said "Jack! Move i really need to get to my classes or else im gonna be late! Move!" But he hugged her and she said that sense they where best friends she knew how he hugged, and it felt the exact same way. Anyways during this hug he said "No go back, its not your time, not now... i'll see you later." And then she woke up and she says he was sitting on the end of her hospital bed smiling and then he melted away. Odd, might have missed a few details as i haven't heard the story in a while, but weird.

That's incredible. I love stories like this (people in the afterlife helping out those still alive). Some weird, unexplainable things happen.

Life Goes On
Yfz01

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Wow. That is some crazy stuff.

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

^ That is something I just read, added onto the end of what was just posted. Listverse.com is a pretty awesome site I just found.

Lil Uno with the sig.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I purposely omitted that last one because I figured a mod would edit it out.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Eksynyt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InTressleWeTrst wrote:
so i was in eastern oregon one day, middle of nowhere. had my fav black hoodie on, and had my scythe with me as we were reaping some crops, and a car with two kids drove by reallly slow. i could feel them looking at me, but i just kept looking straight ahead, and tried to not pay them any attention.

a couple of moments pass, and i could see that they were turning around! thinking this couldn't be a good thing for me, i jumped down into a ditch, and crossed my fingers they didn't see me. they drove the way they just came for what seemed like forever, then turned around and continued on their way!

i got up, dusted myself off, and continued the walk home. no doubt they were coming back for me though! scary stuff

What crops were you working on? Sagebrush? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
Desmond wrote:

Quote:

That is wild! I'm going to go buy this book immediately. Its only $10 on Amazon.

I like the book. It's not really a book that you can read from cover to cover, because it is mostly snippets with the occasional narrative by a person who experienced a certain event, but it's still immensely entertaining to pick through. Useless facts are always enthusing, and some in that book are slightly useful. Slightly. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: