Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Ravens Training Camp
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: 2014 Ravens Training Camp Reply with quote

Training camp should be starting to seriously rev up soon so I thought it was time to get a thread up. The first bit of news so far is that Aaron Ross tore his Achilles tendon while running the conditioning test.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was quick...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, cue SnA complaining about how we are going to suck at CB this year because Aaron Ross is done.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Oh boy, cue SnA complaining about how we are going to suck at CB this year because we're not the Seahawks.

FTFY Wink

Just kidding; but not really; but really I'm kidding.

Last edited by sp6488 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:

But again, not really. Laughing

In other news, really looking forward to the RB battle during camp. With Rice suspended and Pierce coming off of injury/surgery, going to be fun to see if any of the other guys can really showcase something.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

In other news, really looking forward to the RB battle during camp. With Rice suspended and Pierce coming off of injury/surgery, going to be fun to see if any of the other guys can really showcase something.

I'm interested in seeing how they handle that position this year. It would be surprising to see only two on the active roster after final cuts again but I wonder if four could be kept all year with Kubiak and his run-oriented offense. Rice, Pierce, and Taliaferro are all locks so the last spot would come down to Forsett or Toussaint. Cierre Wood doesn't have a chance in my opinion and I'm not expecting there to be two fullbacks either so Chapas is out too.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

I'm interested in seeing how they handle that position this year. It would be surprising to see only two on the active roster after final cuts again but I wonder if four could be kept all year with Kubiak and his run-oriented offense. Rice, Pierce, and Taliaferro are all locks so the last spot would come down to Forsett or Toussaint. Cierre Wood doesn't have a chance in my opinion and I'm not expecting there to be two fullbacks either so Chapas is out too.

Doesn't Wood bring a similar skilset to Forsett, and don't they both have familiarity with the system? I wouldn't count anyone out for that 4th roster spot.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierce has been given the full go ahead, hasn't he? I think he'll get plenty of time with the 1's. I see Forsett being the 3rd down back while Rice sits. I don't expect to see much of LTF in the backfield this year.

I'm going to be more interested in the ILB and DT competitions. I hope they rest Ngata and Canty and we see a lot of Williams, KLM, Tyson, Jernigan, and Urban in the preseason. Mosley and Brown will both be trying to make a statement.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross tore his Achilles and Franks didn't pass the conditioning test. I think most of us were expecting the 3 and 4 jobs to go to Shocky and Asa in some order, so not a huge bummer.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Well rice doesn't count toward the 53 while he's suspended, right? So, assuming that's true, I think Forsett gets that spot for at least two weeks and is a non-factor (at least for the first two weeks) on how many DBs we keep as we were definitely going to carry 3 RBs this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Well rice doesn't count toward the 53 while he's suspended, right? So, assuming that's true, I think Forsett gets that spot for at least two weeks and is a non-factor (at least for the first two weeks) on how many DBs we keep as we were definitely going to carry 3 RBs this year.

Nope. Guys on the suspended list don't count towards the active roster. I'm not sure what you're getting at in regards to the defensive backs though. The way I cornerback ending up is Webb, Smith, Brown, and Jackson definitely having a roster spot with one slot left for Franks and the undrafted rookies competing for. I don't think there's enough talented depth at that position to keep six of the current guys on the active roster.

Then at safety there's Elam, Brooks, and Stewart who are locks. I'm guessing five safeties are kept with Brown, Trawick, Levine, and Miles fighting for two spots.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Nope. Guys on the suspended list don't count towards the active roster. I'm not sure what you're getting at in regards to the defensive backs though. The way I cornerback ending up is Webb, Smith, Brown, and Jackson definitely having a roster spot with one slot left for Franks and the undrafted rookies competing for. I don't think there's enough talented depth at that position to keep six of the current guys on the active roster.

Then at safety there's Elam, Brooks, and Stewart who are locks. I'm guessing five safeties are kept with Brown, Trawick, Levine, and Miles fighting for two spots.

I've been saying this all along, but I think that 5th roster spot at CB is going to be a guy not currently on the roster if Jackson/Brown don't show they can be trusted during camp. I doubt either will get cut, but they'll be marginalized to ST/depth guys if they perform badly. We can stash an UDFA on the PS if he has promise.

And I knew Ross would get hurt at some point, I just didn't think it would be this soon. That's why I never felt he would be a factor when he was signed.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

I think I misread your post. I thought you were saying something about whether we would keep an extra RB and bump a CB as a result. Re-reading, I'm not really sure where that came from. I think I mentally blended some posts as we were talking about DBs earlier in the thread. My bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross being done and Franks not being able to pass his conditioning test and Webb now being injured (albeit not a serious one as reports suggest) and also it took one day of practice for Chykie to get burned deep by Steve Smith and Tyrod Taylor..

Can't wait to see how our CB depth looks like this year! Laughing

But on a positive note, I can't wait to see Steve Smith play for this team. It's going to be fun to watch when Flacco doesn't overthrow him.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ross being done and Franks not being able to pass his conditioning test and Webb now being injured (albeit not a serious one as reports suggest) and also it took one day of practice for Chykie to get burned deep by Steve Smith and Tyrod Taylor..

Can't wait to see how our CB depth looks like this year! Laughing

But on a positive note, I can't wait to see Steve Smith play for this team. It's going to be fun to watch when Flacco doesn't overthrow him.

Webb was toasted by Steve Smith all day as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: