Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts: Third Edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Random Ravens Thoughts: Third Edition Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Just a place to post random Ravens-related thoughts that don't necessarily need an entire thread...

Part two...

Part three!
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
What was Perriman's initial diagnoses back in August? I don't remember hearing anything about a partially torn PCL.

good to know he actually does exist.

A knee sprain I think, I'm not sure if anything was specified beyond that initially. Of course a sprain is a tear so they weren't wrong. Laughing

Anyways, I believe we've hit the page limit for threads so without further ado...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=572326

Honestly, if a sprained PCL keeps him out for a year, then I dread to think what would happen if he ever tore his ACL or Achilles. Retirement, one would assume.

I'm not saying he's soft, or mentally weak, but if he heals so slowly that this injury has caused him to lose his entire rookie season, then he just isn't going to make it in the NFL. Players get injured. All of them. It might just be a tweak or a knock or something, but I doubt any player has ever made it through an NFL season without carrying some sort of injury for part of it.

The Ravens will need to re-sign Givens now, just so they know they've got someone who can stretch the field next year. And Givens has looked good, to me. I'd much rather see the ball going his way than Kamar Aiken's.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to say I've given up hope for Perriman ever being a solid guy contributing in this offense, but if that injury keeps him out for an entire year and all it took as him jogging in warmups to actually partially tear and it make it worse, I don't have much faith that his body is going to hold up in the future.

I'd love to be wrong, but I feel comfortable moving forward with Givens and another try at drafting a WR in the first/second round.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perriman being a slow healer is something to be concerned about. We won't really know if/when he gets injured again though.

This could also be a one-time freak occurrence too. That's what I'm betting on right now given a lack of precedence in Perriman's case. He's had minor injuries and such before that never held him out long.
M.10.E

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said his knee popped which means it's a pretty gnarly sprain. So 2 months isn't that bad from when he re-injured it. Everyone needs to take a chill pill.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have just given him the surgery from the get go if it was a tear not to mention them saying no new damage was a lie perriman says he damaged it much worst the second time and basically now that he has had surgery he is healing... big shoccer... We have handled this season in the worst possible manner.. And yeah were sorry but I'm not really that mad at trestman... I mean he has zero to work with and despite the errant throws and drops flacco is still completing at 65% and getting nearly 270 a game passing...both careers highs... Dean Pres though... he has to go.. I'm nearly certain trestman is safe if for nothing other than continuity for flaccid... I want Alston Jeffery and defense the first three rounds of the draft lol...
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perriman didn't actually have surgery on his knee. Dr. Andrews performed a scope but that was just to look at it.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Perriman didn't actually have surgery on his knee. Dr. Andrews performed a scope but that was just to look at it.

That's what they say but being as though they have lied to us every step of the way with this dude I don't believe nothing they say as it pertains to perriman and his injury
dcarey20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding a way to be in the running for Alshon Jeffery would be a great move for us as I see everything right now. He's going to cost more than the Ravens have been willing to spend on any free agent in the history of the franchise, and goes against a lot of the ideals that the FO have held regarding FA spending. With that said, given the weaknesses of this team and the way he would fit, he's the one player I look at as being worth "switching it up", so to speak, from a strategical operations standpoint.

Now I'm not sure how the money would play out, I'm far from an expert on the logistics as far as the cap goes. But the hope is that we'll have some dead money off the books with Pitta, and the Ravens have always seemed adept at re-structuring to put themselves in good position to make necessary offseason moves.

If Smith Sr. decides to give it one more year, we get Perriman back (presumably healthy and ready to contribute), and then nab Alshon, you've really set yourself up nicely for addressing other needs. Fill out the rest of the WR core with Aiken/Camp/Givens in reserve roles. Not to mention that we have a number of solid young guys (on rookie deals) at RB and TE that I feel can get the job done. We'll see what happens with Forsett; as much as I like the guy I've had some slight concerns watching him this year. Seems to be a bit slower than last year and I think teams have caught up with him. He doesn't scare anyone. I'm starting to lean towards saying "hey justin, thanks for the lasts 2 years" and handing it over to Buck/taliaferro and hopefully Terrance West if he can show anything down the stretch.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand, honestly. If we wanted a WR like Alshon Jeffrey but didn't want to take on his contract, Chris Matthews literally just went unclaimed on waivers 2 days ago....
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I don't understand, honestly. If we wanted a WR like Alshon Jeffrey but didn't want to take on his contract, Chris Matthews literally just went unclaimed on waivers 2 days ago....

They aren't in the same galaxy tbh.

Thomas5737 wrote:

. . . Flacco is right. . .
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Matthews is basically a poor man's version of Jeffrey. Big bodied WR who wins on jump balls.
M.10.E

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Matthews is basically an extremely poor man's version of Jeffrey. Big bodied WR who wins on jump balls.
FTFY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Matthews is basically a poor man's version of Jeffrey. Big bodied WR who wins on jump balls.

The due has 4 career catches.

Saying he's a poor man's version of Jeffrey is like saying a college freshmen comp sci major is a poor man's Bill Gates.

Thomas5737 wrote:

. . . Flacco is right. . .
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

I don't believe anything they say about it lol....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: