Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

StarCraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll be getting back into this game. Haven't played in 6+ months, so I'm probably back to a Bronze level Laughing I had made it to gold for a little bit.
Rei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I tried playing today with some diamond/masters friends and not only was I just terrible in executing my build and adapting, my apm was ridiculously low. Like, literally in the 40-100 range. Whereas in the past, I always had 200-400 against them and made good decisions. We were all shocked at how bad I got lol.

The Ghost nerf kinda sucked though.

Diamond skills do not stay if you take a long break. =/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rei wrote:
Yeah I tried playing today with some diamond/masters friends and not only was I just terrible in executing my build and adapting, my apm was ridiculously low. Like, literally in the 40-100 range. Whereas in the past, I always had 200-400 against them and made good decisions. We were all shocked at how bad I got lol.

Can you give me any pointers?

I feel that I've nailed my early game down perfectly (largely a random player in 1v1, use Zerg when I'm 2v2 with my roommate), I can set up my economy and the rest...

But I still struggle with micro. I'm getting better during battles actually 'fighting' and not 'watching', but any tips you can give would be greatly appreciated.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Rei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Rei wrote:

Can you give me any pointers?

I feel that I've nailed my early game down perfectly (largely a random player in 1v1, use Zerg when I'm 2v2 with my roommate), I can set up my economy and the rest...

But I still struggle with micro. I'm getting better during battles actually 'fighting' and not 'watching', but any tips you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I play Terran, but I'm talking to a friend right now who plays zerg in masters. Here's what I've got so far that's zerg-specific, idk if he'll have me add more later lol. But zergs don't have to micro as much as toss or terran, so don't worry too much. If you can build a solid macro game, build the right units, keep the injects up, and know the times to spread creep massively and when to be conservative, you'll be a good zerg player. It takes time and studying replays to get there though.

General control groups:
1 - Main Army, 2 - Macro, 3 - Queens, 4 - Infestors - use them effectively and treat them like gold. Burrowing infestors during a fight, fungal, tossing out infested terrans, micro them back out of splash/attack range, 5+ all depends on your build. A lot of pro zergs don't even go above 5 control groups most of the time.

Some important unit/skill info:

Infestors: Arguably the best unit in the game, one of the few micro units zerg uses, never rush into a fight simply because of them. An army with 10+ full energy infestors backing them is scary. It forces your opponent to split their units, which is time part of their army isn't hitting you. If they don't split or you catch them off guard with a burrow fungal attack, you do ridiculous damage to their army.

Another way to use them, however it's very situational, is by getting 1 or 2 to drop infested terrans at your opponents 3rd(depending on the map), and/or 4th to pick off harvesters.

However, if you decide to fungal air units with them, then you HAVE to have something to follow it up with so those units die. Whether it's more fungals or corruptors, you have to have something to follow it up with otherwise it's a waste.

Lings: Getting into a speedling war early game pretty much always ends with no player receiving a significant lead unless one of them messes up. For example, always be aware of a speedling runby early game on Clould Kindgom if for some reason you're not holding your own tower. Don't be afraid to make quite a few lings even later on in the game if you're high on minerals but low on gas, since they're still great harvester killers.

Oh, and burrowing lings at your opponents expansion locations mid-late game forces a terran to burn energy on a scan. That's energy he's not using on a MULE.

Blings: One of the few micro units zerg uses, albeit somewhat rarer nowadays except for zvz matches and sometimes zvt if the terran is going bio tank. You really need to practice your micro of this unit and know the radius of the explosion to its very edge.

Broodlords: Never overproduce them, and always have corruptors out to soak up damage(vs toss), or take out vikings(vs terran). A good mix of infestors, broods, and ultras are what have been winning tournaments recently.

Stuff to be careful about when trying to get better:

Mothership: Neural parasite to vortex their stuff or split your broods ASAP, once you know it's in production it's probably best to toss away any ultras you may have, get on their neural parasite, and build more corruptors + infestors. Don't be too discouraged if you lose to vortex a lot, it's probably the only GG spell if you miss the parasite and just cant split in time.

Cloak Banshee Opening: If you see double gas early, expect it. Get an Overseer ASAP and make sure you're ready to move your queens to the location of the banshees when you see them. Don't be afraid to transfuse bounce 2+ queens if it means you survive a banshee attack, even if it means you miss an inject, because a dead queen isn't hitting any injects anyway.

Blue Flame Helions: You see these things rack up 60ish harvester kills quite often, but don't panic if you start losing a lot of them. You'll be slower on your build, but if you keep calm and just build back up to a decent amount while also building an army, you wont feel it as much as you thought.

If your harvesters start dying late game a lot where you sometimes lose 100, then that's when you start replacing them with army units and then make a push.

8pool, 10pool vs your later pool: They're most likely going to have speed before you and more lings at the start. Make sure to never get pulled off creep and try to keep your queen alive. It might feel intense for a while, but realize the only way you're going to lose right then is if you mess up big time(like getting pulled off creep for too long before speed is done).

Stuff zergs need to use more often(pros are but regular players arent):

Hydras: Good unit, somewhat situational, but has been seeing more play recently.

Mutas: You have to really commit to that spire and air upgrades and make sure it never dies. If you build these, you have to stay on top of your harass otherwise it's a waste.

Queen micro for a large attack: If you pull a few queens away for a large attack, where creep has spread really far, they can be a huge asset to the fight. Healing up your wounded broods or infestors? Well worth brining them along even for just 1 or 2 transfuse.

Best map to do that on is Ohana.

And that's all I can type for now, I'll make a new post soon with some other stuff he told me to type but I'm way too lazy right now lol.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips! I've been trying to use more infestors lately and really like how they can swing a battle.

I also like massing Mutas, but provide ground troops below so they aren't the main targets.

The micro between individual small packets of units during fights is what is highly difficult for me, but I'm practicing.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who in here is Gold and under?
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

Currently Silver right here.

Been watching dignitasApollo's video's, they've been real helpful.

Largely been using random in 1v1, but think I'll focus on zerg.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

When SCII first came out, I started playing and after a couple months was promoted straight from Bronze to Gold. Then I joined the military, stopped playing, then got discharged and since then have picked it up again. I was promptly put back into Bronze Laughing

I'm a Brotoss, once I get internet in my new apartment I'll be playing pretty much daily. We should do some 2v2s sometime.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got my son into SC1 right now..

Father of the year?

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

Father of the year?

You said SC1, if thats true, then yes. If its a typo and its actually SC2.. Meh, runner up maybe

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Father of the year?

You said SC1, if thats true, then yes. If its a typo and its actually SC2.. Meh, runner up maybe

SC1...

I have to mute it and ignore the cut scenes though. He isnt quite old enough to hear the marines talk/kill each other.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Father of the year?

SC1...

I have to mute it and ignore the cut scenes though. He isnt quite old enough to hear the marines talk/kill each other.

Good man, definitely father of the year then.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

When SCII first came out, I started playing and after a couple months was promoted straight from Bronze to Gold. Then I joined the military, stopped playing, then got discharged and since then have picked it up again. I was promptly put back into Bronze Laughing

I'm a Brotoss, once I get internet in my new apartment I'll be playing pretty much daily. We should do some 2v2s sometime.

Absolutely, I've got 2 months left before I graduate, so need to game as much as I can Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be Gold on the verge of Platinum, but since I started playing again I suck balls. Can't even get back into Gold. Confused

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
I used to be Gold on the verge of Platinum, but since I started playing again I suck balls. Can't even get back into Gold. Confused

Honestly, until you reach diamond you can just use one strat and one build pretty much the entire time. Haven't played this game in forever, just had a hankering to play it maybe I'll pop it in later.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39

Jump to: