Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What to Watch for Tomorrow Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: What to Watch for Tomorrow Night Reply with quote

1. Charles Leno at RT

Leno had some good moments against the Colts. Many of his plays in pass protection were pretty solid. The issue was that his bad plays, which every OLmen has, were exceptionally bad. Leno needs to clean up the trainwreck plays and just put together a solid effort. Carlos Dunlap will be a big test for him as he brings more size and power than Leno has.

2. Adrian Amos

Amos actually showed the reverse of what he was billed to be, he tackled very well in space. He made nice tackles against Andre Johnson and Phillip Dorsett in space. He showed some weaknesses in coverage as he was frozen on the deep pass to Hilton. It will be interesting to see what happens against a team that likes to throw and a QB who takes risks, a interception would be nice.

3. Eddie Goldman's conditioning

With Ratliff suspended, Goldman's ability to play more snaps is going to be very important. He has not appeared out of shape, but he has also played very controlled snaps. His conditioning could be very important to the Bears early in the season.

4. Who can play CB?

Fuller has struggled, Jennings has been barely okay, Ball hasn't played enough and the best CBs to this point have been McManis and little know Mitchell. CB seems like it will be a real weaknesses at this moment.

5. Jon Bostic

This may be Bostic's last real chance to show anything. If he does not show up in the 3rd pre season game than he is pretty much done.
bkokot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What to Watch for Tomorrow Night Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
1. Charles Leno at RT

Leno had some good moments against the Colts. Many of his plays in pass protection were pretty solid. The issue was that his bad plays, which every OLmen has, were exceptionally bad. Leno needs to clean up the trainwreck plays and just put together a solid effort. Carlos Dunlap will be a big test for him as he brings more size and power than Leno has.

2. Adrian Amos

Amos actually showed the reverse of what he was billed to be, he tackled very well in space. He made nice tackles against Andre Johnson and Phillip Dorsett in space. He showed some weaknesses in coverage as he was frozen on the deep pass to Hilton. It will be interesting to see what happens against a team that likes to throw and a QB who takes risks, a interception would be nice.

3. Eddie Goldman's conditioning

With Ratliff suspended, Goldman's ability to play more snaps is going to be very important. He has not appeared out of shape, but he has also played very controlled snaps. His conditioning could be very important to the Bears early in the season.

4. Who can play CB?

Fuller has struggled, Jennings has been barely okay, Ball hasn't played enough and the best CBs to this point have been McManis and little know Mitchell. CB seems like it will be a real weaknesses at this moment.

5. Jon Bostic

This may be Bostic's last real chance to show anything. If he does not show up in the 3rd pre season game than he is pretty much done.

I agree on most points here. I think Dunlap will make a fool out of Leno, because if you can't win with size and power, you have to win with technique, which isn't a promising for Leno.

I think Bostic makes the team anyways as the 4th ILB, I just don't think Timu is good enough yet to push Bostic off the roster, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I'm excited to see the backup WR's against cincy's secondary. It'll be a good test to let us know what we have. If they have a strong showing, it will probably be tough to hide them on the practice squad.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Hroniss Grasu play better.

He has been the most disappointing draft pick to this point. As a 3rd round pick I was hoping he would be closer to playing than he is.

I expect Fabujule would need a lot of work, Grasu's poor play has surprised me.
bkokot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

He has been the most disappointing draft pick to this point. As a 3rd round pick I was hoping he would be closer to playing than he is.

You have to remember he was late into camp because he's from Oregon. I think Long was the exception not the rule when it comes to o-line stepping in and playing well in a short amount of time.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Grasu was coming from being exclusively a shotgun center and there will be a transition and I'm fine with that, specifically because Montgomery has been unexpectedly solid thus far IMO. Montgomery is meant to be the transition guy to Grasu though so I agree on wanting to see progress.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every game

These defensive FA signings

Ray McDonald lol
Pernell McFee
Mason Foster
Sam Acho

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: