You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ko Simpson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theone8082

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Ko Simpson Reply with quote

if the Chargers took Ko Simpson @ #19, how would everyone feel??
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ko Simpson Reply with quote

theone8082 wrote:
if the Chargers took Ko Simpson @ #19, how would everyone feel??

Pretty pissed depending on who else is available. He is a second round pick as it stands right now (until the combine of course). I really want Antonio Cromartie in the 2nd or 3rd though.

~ Lork
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally after a bit of research i feel that we would be lucky to pick up Ko Simpson at 19 because the falcons are set on him @ 15 i think the best pick would be Darnell BIng because he can act as a safety or as a 5th Lb to allow Merriman to go all out at the QB without worrying about the run...a trade down would be ok to as long as we got good draft picks out of it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
personally after a bit of research i feel that we would be lucky to pick up Ko Simpson at 19 because the falcons are set on him @ 15 i think the best pick would be Darnell BIng because he can act as a safety or as a 5th Lb to allow Merriman to go all out at the QB without worrying about the run...a trade down would be ok to as long as we got good draft picks out of it

Bing isn't great in coverage like the othere S are in this draft.

~ Lork
theone8082

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I think Huff, Landry and Simpson are all better than Bing in coverage.. But when they hit, i think it goes Huff, Bing (slightly better than) Simpson, and than Landry.. Not saying Landry cant hit, but he's more of soild wrap-up tackle..
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see in my sig, I would be fine with it. Wink

In reality Ko is a late first round pick, and after the combine (he has great size and above average speed for a FS) he will rise. I would rather us take Huff, but that's looking more and more like a dream. As said before, secondary should be our first priority, so taking Huff, Ko, or Landry would be great.
superchargers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. He is a natural FS. He covers extremely well, is a great ballhawk, and is a very violent tackler. If he can run a 4.4 in the combine we won't get a chance at him.
onemoreyearfor4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Baltimore will take him at 13.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons will gobble Simpson up, Simpson should put up huge numbers at the combine on Feb 22.
supratony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont believe that someone like ko simpson is the answer to our secondary problems. we were able to solve our pass rushing problems this yr with merriman and castillo but our main problem is speed at FS not cause i believe that we have a legit SS with kiel..... i've watched bing and i believe that he would be a better choice because he knows how to make big plays plus if he can even run anything close to 4.45 i think that he is a much better choice than even huff simply b/c bing has been part of the evil empire at sc.... hahahah me being a ucla man....
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is...Terrance Kiel has not met expectations and the team will be looking for an upgrade at the SS spot, while they will stick with Jue at FS.

I wouln't mind Simpson, but I prefer Bing. Bing is good in coverage, it's just that he has more of a reputation as a hitter, so people assume he's a liability in coverage.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chargers need to upgrade the Safety spots, the Cornerbacks arent too bad. Davis and Florence are decent, I would really like to see Darnell Bing drafted but I doubt he falls. I would really like Michael HUff but there is no way that would happen. What about moving Sammy Davis over to FS, I dont get too see too many Charger games would that be a decent move or not?
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think moving Sammy Davis to FS would work out. That's just my opinion though. According to The Sporting News, they want to keep Davis as the third corner because they expect Jamar Fletcher to leave.

You're right about the corners being fine and the safeties needing to be upgraded. However, I think the team is fine with Bhawoh Jue at FS. He got off to a great start and tapered off a bit but it seems like the team is comfortable with him. SS is a glaring need, hence Darnell Bing is a perfect target.
SanDiego Pride

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with Ko Simpson, I feel that FS is such an important position on defense. Ko is a ballhawk with a lot of upside. He is still young and we have Jue to play there while Ko develops.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who think SS, is the only spot in the secondary we need to address to become a championship team, you're crazy. I'm tired ofsettling on someone like Bwawoh Jue, we are serious Super Bowl contenders, we need to grab someone like Chris Hope or Will Demps in FA AND draft another corner or safety.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: