You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ko Simpson
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Simpson or Bing is drafted, there will be no time to "develop". They're coming to play.

I'm confident in most of the DBs except for the SS spot. I do think Jue needs to step it up a bit though.
theone8082

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
For those of you who think SS, is the only spot in the secondary we need to address to become a championship team, you're crazy. I'm tired ofsettling on someone like Bwawoh Jue, we are serious Super Bowl contenders, we need to grab someone like Chris Hope or Will Demps in FA AND draft another corner or safety.

i agree.. i dont want to re-vamp the whole Secondary, but after some games, it feels like we have to..
CorpuscolAwesom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just safety that we should be worried about - Corner is even more important. At least 2 losses that I can recall would have been wins if not for late drive-extending PA penalties against Jammer. He's a very physical corner at a time when the rules make it difficult to be a physical corner. It's just the wrong time in the league for guys like that - we need better cover guys.
theone8082

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpuscolAwesom wrote:
It's not just safety that we should be worried about - Corner is even more important. At least 2 losses that I can recall would have been wins if not for late drive-extending PA penalties against Jammer. He's a very physical corner at a time when the rules make it difficult to be a physical corner. It's just the wrong time in the league for guys like that - we need better cover guys.

thus the conversation of moving Jammer to Safety and drafting another corner begins.. i dont want to do that, i think Jammer was doing okay. I believe improved safety play always helps out Corners that much more
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Smith has said Jammer is not moving anywhere. The Chargers won't draft a corner in the first round.
CorpuscolAwesom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really too bad, because we'll never go deep in to the playoffs with Jammer. He doesn't have the quickness to stick with faster receivers, doesn't get good jumps on passes, and hasn't improved much since he came here. As long as we keep asking him to cover #1 receivers, our pass defense will remain in the bottom half of the league.

I guess we could still pick up a quality corner in the later rounds or in FA.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jammer at CB is a given for next year but do the Chargers give up on Florence, Davis and fletcher at CB, they are all very young and have been high picks (except for Flether via trade). I think the Chargers should just stick with the Cbs they have for another year, maybe bring in a veteran that can start in free agency, someone by the likes of Deshea Townshend to play nickel or play in case one of the Cbs play awful. I think the Chargers should revamp the safetys though because the safteys playing now are servicable, but for the Chargers to become elite, they need an elite secondary. I am starting to love the idea of Ko Simpson in San Diego. Simpson could play FS and then San Diego could sign Tank Williams from Tennesee. I am really high on Tank because he is huge (6-3 225) and is fast. Tank would be like having an extra LB on the field and should be able to stick with the TEs. What do you all think of Ko Simpson and Tank Williams as the starting safetys??
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh...it would be OK. I mean it can't be any worse right. I would like to see the team draft either Simpson or Bing. I think Jammer is acutally a very solid starting CB. His problem is that he'll never live up to being the #5th overall pick in the draft. But oh well, he is decent and not half as bad as some make him out to be. Florence has done pretty well for them and I think is establishing himself as a worthy starter. Davis, on the other hand has been a big disappointment falling to 4th in the CB pecking order this past season. But I've heard the team will probably keep him and he might be the nickel back next season. Fletcher is a free agent, so it's iffy if he will be back.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: