Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Formula 1 Thread | Vettel Dominates Bahrain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEARS24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
BEARS24 wrote:
khodder wrote:
Really keen for Singapore. Should be interesting to see who has pace around that track. I think more Red Bull domination at the track is coming, but I think Mercedes could really come to the fore in this race.

I can see Webber bouncing back here...

Its a Red Bull track, so here's to hoping Very Happy

With the way that Schmi qualified at Monaco and the way the Mercedes car/tyres responded to the heat earlier in the season makes me think they will be up there too.

Sauber will disappoint this weekend.

The thing is, when the silly season, was in full swing and MALDONADO WON A RACE, Mercedes thought there were in with a chance...

Heck, Rosberg had the most points from China til Monaco or something like that and looked real competitive until the real RB, McL and Ferrari development happened, but now they know they have no chance, and their F-Duct-Double-DRS system hinders them rather than helps them and they based their whole car around it to the point that development of their 2012 car seems futile...

They don't need any constructors championship money, they're Mercedes for gods sake XD so they dont need to worry about anything this year, their DTM and general worldwide sales will not take a hit from a fizzy drink company and two supercar building teams...

They are almost certainly working on a 2014 car and engine combination, and this is the prime factor that is making Hamilton want to sign with them... He wants to win, that much is clear, he is not a sellout for the cash...

Either way, don't look to bet or even hope for Mercedes, they are not worth the thought...

It will be a duel between Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel, I just think that Webber might sneak onto the podium this week, but fully expect three different teams up there, with McLaren NOT winning...

Also, sorry if I seemed dismissive and rude there, I'm just saying my piece the only way I know how Razz
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU SUCK, I'M GOING HOME...

But seriously, I expect Red Bull to win this race, most likely Vettel, but I do think Mercedes could be a surprise team to quali well and put in a top 3-5 finish.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
BEARS24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
YOU SUCK, I'M GOING HOME...

But seriously, I expect Red Bull to win this race, most likely Vettel, but I do think Mercedes could be a surprise team to quali well and put in a top 3-5 finish.

Yeah, so far in practice Seb has been doing the business, this will be one of the toughest races to call all year...
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Ferrari's new wing is not working, at least not at this track. But they've been showing good pace.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pole by Lewis.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maldonado starting on the front row is going to be interesting.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singapore is a boring race, most street circuits are.

^Kempes
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamilton's car fails on him. Screw this bs. F1 can be so annoying at times.

^Kempes
milanb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good race.

It looks like it's going to be Alonso and Vettel fighting it out for the championship.

Very Happy

sunnygsm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Good race.

It looks like it's going to be Alonso and Vettel fighting it out for the championship.

Very Happy

I didnt watch it all but it was hardly a good race, nothing much happened for the first half. McLaren and Hamilton really should be leading the WDC and CC this year.

^Kempes
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
milanb wrote:
Good race.

Very Happy

I didnt watch it all but it was hardly a good race, nothing much happened for the first half. McLaren and Hamilton really should be leading the WDC and CC this year.
Granted I'm not a McLaren fan...but I have to disagree with you here. I can somewhat understand where you're coming from with Hamilton, he's had a few unfortunate retires, but that's part of racing. Can you really say that if Vettel and especially Alonso or Kimi had the same car that Hamilton would still outperform them?

As for McLaren I completely disagree. If you can't build the car to last the race it doesn't matter how fast it is. It's a team sport, not a 2 man sport.

Out of intrigue (on another note), if you guys were looking for a #2 as one of the big clubs, would you rather go Perez or DiResta?

Stone65 with the sig!
milanb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
milanb wrote:
Good race.

Very Happy

You can call it "luck" all you want, but if Alonso wins the Driver's Championship this year in that car it will go down as one of the greatest driver seasons ever.

sunnygsm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:
milanb wrote:
Good race.

Very Happy

You can call it "luck" all you want, but if Alonso wins the Driver's Championship this year in that car it will go down as one of the greatest driver seasons ever.

I'm not saying it's luck, nowhere even mentioned luck. Alonso has driven great and been very smart. I'm not discrediting Alonso really. Hamilton has had his fair share of bad luck this season though, be it through mechanical failures, moronic pit stop errors or Maldonado ploughing into him. All I was saying is that essentially McLaren have had a care with the pace to win and Hamilton has been driving well enough to have won the WDC and CC this year.

^Kempes
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:

I'm not saying it's luck, nowhere even mentioned luck. Alonso has driven great and been very smart. I'm not discrediting Alonso really. Hamilton has had his fair share of bad luck this season though, be it through mechanical failures, moronic pit stop errors or Maldonado ploughing into him. All I was saying is that essentially McLaren have had a care with the pace to win and Hamilton has been driving well enough to have won the WDC and CC this year.

There is no way in this world that Hamilton deserves to be leading the Drivers Chamionship over Alonso based on the way the two have driven so far this year.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:
milanb wrote:
Good race.

Very Happy

Wait... what?

The first seven races were awesome, but after that it hasn't been the greatest season ever.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 76 of 100

Jump to: