Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AFC Championship Game in Denver!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GWilhite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: AFC Championship Game in Denver! Reply with quote

We don't have to go to Indy! On the other hand we have to play the Steelers.
Pittsburgh looked awesome against the Colts; this may be a case of beware of what you wish for. I feel that Denver has a much better chance against the
Steelers in Denver than they would have had against the Colts in Indy, but
the Broncos are going to have to play better than they did agains the Pats to win this game. Come on Mile High Magic!
Ctagmyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people are going nuts here in Pittsburgh
GWilhite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They deserve to go nuts in Pittsburgh. The Steelers played one hell of a game; with all of those bad calls going against them the Steelers still won the game ( a dominating performance even if the scoreboard didn't show it ).
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we would have to go to indy, we might have escaped with a shred of dignity, but that's it. they would have throttled us by 3 TD's. we match up horribly against them. when i say that i really really wanted to play pittsburgh, it's not knocking them in the least. but we have a shot against them, and we didn't against the colts. it's gonna be a great game.
Prosdo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely was crazy here in the Burgh. A lot of celebrating. I'm really looking forward to this game. Should be extremely physical one. Good luck and cheers to a good game. With of course better refs than our game. lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
if we would have to go to indy, we might have escaped with a shred of dignity, but that's it. they would have throttled us by 3 TD's. we match up horribly against them. when i say that i really really wanted to play pittsburgh, it's not knocking them in the least. but we have a shot against them, and we didn't against the colts. it's gonna be a great game.

I understand what you're saying. No team wants to face the Colts. 9 times out of 10, the Colts would have won yesterday's game. Now having overcome the Colts, the Steelers are going to be very confident of going to Denver and winning. The Broncos are going to be confident due to home field advantage. It'll be a great game with the best coaches in the NFL this season pitting their wits against each other. Nobody will be willing to concede even an inch.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azazaz7 wrote:
No team wants to face the Colts.

but that's especially true for the broncos. we've been blown out twice in the playoffs in indy and we still don't matchup well against them. the only team that does is the one with troy polamalu on it.
broncofan48

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
azazaz7 wrote:
No team wants to face the Colts.

but that's especially true for the broncos. we've been blown out twice in the playoffs in indy and we still don't matchup well against them. the only team that does is the one with troy polamalu on it.

Especialy with Williams not fully recovered, Manning would eat the rookie corners alive. And Denvers blitz is more of the confusing variety, and doesn't produce many sacks. Manning handles the confusion well, unless you push him out of the pocket.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS THE LONGEST WEEK IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!

my anticipation grows exponentially everyday. can you believe we're here? going into the season i never would have thot that we could do this. the last 2 days i have thot were friday...it's so hard to wait for this, i'm so excited.
Westy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i concur this week has been painful with so much anticipation!

Can't wait.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
THIS IS THE LONGEST WEEK IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!

my anticipation grows exponentially everyday. can you believe we're here? going into the season i never would have thot that we could do this. the last 2 days i have thot were friday...it's so hard to wait for this, i'm so excited.

it's only been 22.5 hours since i wrote this?!? WHY ME??? this has to end, i'll probably just simulate a game on madden to see what's gonna happen, but i need this game to take place now!
GWilhite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that you mention the Madden matchup while waiting for Sunday, I've done the same thing. 2-2 after four tries, tie breaker tonight.
DILinator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I continue to find amazing is the lack of respect for the accomplishments of the Broncos this year from then general public, and many so called "experts". Both Playoff games this year Denver has not been favored to win by the majority of "experts" and other fans, despite being at home, and having a perfect home record. What's more, even when you break down the matchups, the Broncos have proven they are the superior team in virtually every way imaginable, yet they still are almost "underdogs" in this matchup. I don't get it.

I can understand that Pittsburgh is a better story, as Cowher tries to overcome his past Playoff failings and the Bettis tries to finish his career with a Super Bowl victory in his hometown. That would explain a lot of the neutral fan siding with the Steelers. I even agree that Pittsburgh is a very good team, and is not a team to be taken lightly. However, I still don't see enough there in the way of production and performance this season to justify the widespread support they are getting from so many in the mainstream media. Do they deserve to be in the AFC Championship game? Probably. They are certainly one of the top four teams in the AFC this season. Can they win this Sunday? Sure, anything can happen any given Sunday.

But I just see way too much talent, coaching ability, and home field advantage on the part of the Broncos to envision any result other than a Denver victory Sunday. And I continue to shake my head at the amount of cavalier disregard that is shown for those things coming from most people. Oh well. I guess we'll all see after Sunday if my feelings were misplaced.

If you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost...
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DILinator wrote:
What I continue to find amazing is the lack of respect for the accomplishments of the Broncos this year from then general public, and many so called "experts". Both Playoff games this year Denver has not been favored to win by the majority of "experts" and other fans, despite being at home, and having a perfect home record. What's more, even when you break down the matchups, the Broncos have proven they are the superior team in virtually every way imaginable, yet they still are almost "underdogs" in this matchup. I don't get it.

I can understand that Pittsburgh is a better story, as Cowher tries to overcome his past Playoff failings and the Bettis tries to finish his career with a Super Bowl victory in his hometown. That would explain a lot of the neutral fan siding with the Steelers. I even agree that Pittsburgh is a very good team, and is not a team to be taken lightly. However, I still don't see enough there in the way of production and performance this season to justify the widespread support they are getting from so many in the mainstream media. Do they deserve to be in the AFC Championship game? Probably. They are certainly one of the top four teams in the AFC this season. Can they win this Sunday? Sure, anything can happen any given Sunday.

But I just see way too much talent, coaching ability, and home field advantage on the part of the Broncos to envision any result other than a Denver victory Sunday. And I continue to shake my head at the amount of cavalier disregard that is shown for those things coming from most people. Oh well. I guess we'll all see after Sunday if my feelings were misplaced.

great way to start here, this is a very good post. i also think that we are waaaay underrated, but i don't necessarily think that we are sure fire winners on sunday. pittsburgh is tough, and they're peaking at the right time. we're coming off of a less than spectacular performance against NE. i think that we'll win, but i don't expect it to be easy nor would i be surprised if we lost. either way, it's gonna be a hell of a game.
DILinator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
great way to start here, this is a very good post. i also think that we are waaaay underrated, but i don't necessarily think that we are sure fire winners on sunday. pittsburgh is tough, and they're peaking at the right time. we're coming off of a less than spectacular performance against NE. i think that we'll win, but i don't expect it to be easy nor would i be surprised if we lost. either way, it's gonna be a hell of a game.

I agree, we aren't sure fire winners, and I don't intend to disrespect what the Steelers have been able to accomplish to get here. I also know it won't be easy, and we certainly could lose.

I guess my biggest gripe is just the attitude that I get from pretty much everbody I talk to, that seem to think the Steelers coming into Denver and winning is a slam dunk, and they're the better team. They may indeed win this game, and if they do, so be it. But to say that the Steelers have had a better season than the Broncos regardless of this week's outcome, fails to properly take into account each team's actual performance this year.

A careful analysis of each team's schedule, and how they performed against teams with winning records, and Playoff teams, yields some interesting data, all of which suggests that the Broncos actually performed much better against teams that were really good, and the Steelers got a lot of victories against pretty poor teams this year. I hear and read about people saying the Steelers went on the road and dominated two top teams in the first two games of the Playoffs. However, they beat a Bengals team that lost the best QB in the NFL this year on their second play. I guarentee you that game has a different outcome if Carson Palmer plays the whole game. Then, the Colts were clearly rusty the first half of their game, due to basically taking a month off, and failed to properly prepare for the Steelers, who surprised them early in jumping out to a big lead, and holding off their late rally when Peyton and company finally started to get things going again. The Steelers won, and they played very well in both games. But to say they dominated, is overlooking those key factors in each game.

Denver, on the other hand, beat the supposedly invincible in the Playoffs Patriots, and didn't even have one of their best games. But they forced a number of turnovers, and made the plays they needed to to win, and win by two TD's no less. Now THAT is more impressive to me than what the Steelers have done so far! Yet, all you hear people talk about it the Patriots mistakes, how the Broncos didn't have any long scoring drives, and how the Steelers are going to come in and hand the Broncos their first home loss of the season.

I guess I am just fed up with the disrespect given the Broncos, and that's why I come on so strong about this. But I certainly do respect the Steelers, and am not trying to take away from the fact that they are a very good football team, and Denver is going to have to really bring it to win on Sunday. I know that's the attitude Shanahan and the Broncos' players are going to bring into the game, and they are ccertainly not underestimating the Steelers. They will be ready for them, and I feel that in the end, the Broncos come out on top. But like you said broncosfan_101, it's going to be a great game either way, and like yourself, each day is getting harder and harder for me to wait for it to arrive. Heck, that's why I'm up at 5:00 in the morning posting this, because it's hard to stop thinking about it! Laughing Sunday afternoon can't come too soon!

If you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: