Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

B Stan Mock Offseason 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: B Stan Mock Offseason 2017 Reply with quote

Coaching Staff

HC: Sean McVay
DC: Wade Philips
OC: Wes Philips
ST: John Fassel
GM: Les Snead

Let Go in FA

Rodger Saffold
Kenny Britt
Lance Kendricks
Tim Barnes
TJ McDonald
Bennie Cunningham

Resign

Trumaine Johnson

Key FA Signings

Terrelle Pryor 4 year 36mil

Robert Wood 4 year 26 mil

Riley Reiff 3 year 30 mil

Chance Warmack 1 year 6mil

Sylvester Williams 2 year 14 mil

Demarcus Ware 2yr 16mil

NFL Draft

2nd Cordrea Tankersley CB, Clemson

3rd Pat Elfein C, Ohio State

4th Devonte Fields OLB, Louisville
4th Chad Wheeler LT, USC

5th Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are things I like and things I don't like. I like the focus on the OL. I think the draft is very solid.

I don't like our FA signings. I think we grossly overpaid some players.

Sylvester Williams is worth maybe half of what we're paying him per year. I'd rather discount shop for a 2-down player than pay a middling NT that much per year.

Chance Warmack shouldn't see anywhere near $6 million on a "prove it" deal. His play hasn't warranted that sort of money thus far. I like him a lot as an option for us this offseason on a "prove it" deal but not at $6 million. I think $3 million would be more appropriate.

Riley Reiff was moved from LT to RT because of his mediocre play at LT. The Lions drafted Taylor Dekker in the first round to replace him at LT. Reiff just isn't worth anywhere near $10 million per year. I'd rather not throw money at a guy like Reiff out of desperation. He's just not worth it.

Terrelle Pryor is very arguably worth what he's being paid. My issue with him is that I don't like the fit. We're trying to change the culture of this team. I'd rather not bring in a guy who so many NFL players seem to dislike. Where there's smoke, there's fire imo. I'd rather go after a more veteran guy who can provide some leadership for our young WRs.

I think I'm good with everything else. Only other problem I see is that we didn't really address the SILB spot. I think Barron is going to have to move back to SS in Wade's scheme. But who knows, maybe Wade finds a way to make it work with him at ILB.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
There are things I like and things I don't like. I like the focus on the OL. I think the draft is very solid.

I don't like our FA signings. I think we grossly overpaid some players.

Sylvester Williams is worth maybe half of what we're paying him per year. I'd rather discount shop for a 2-down player than pay a middling NT that much per year.

Chance Warmack shouldn't see anywhere near $6 million on a "prove it" deal. His play hasn't warranted that sort of money thus far. I like him a lot as an option for us this offseason on a "prove it" deal but not at $6 million. I think $3 million would be more appropriate.

Riley Reiff was moved from LT to RT because of his mediocre play at LT. The Lions drafted Taylor Dekker in the first round to replace him at LT. Reiff just isn't worth anywhere near $10 million per year. I'd rather not throw money at a guy like Reiff out of desperation. He's just not worth it.

Terrelle Pryor is very arguably worth what he's being paid. My issue with him is that I don't like the fit. We're trying to change the culture of this team. I'd rather not bring in a guy who so many NFL players seem to dislike. Where there's smoke, there's fire imo. I'd rather go after a more veteran guy who can provide some leadership for our young WRs.

I think I'm good with everything else. Only other problem I see is that we didn't really address the SILB spot. I think Barron is going to have to move back to SS in Wade's scheme. But who knows, maybe Wade finds a way to make it work with him at ILB.

Thanks for the feedback. Admittedly, I'm not great with the numbers, but I used Spottrac for estimates. The cap numbers could be played around with. I toyed with the idea of Matt Kalil on a 1 year deal, but went with Reiff instead. I've read the stuff on Pryor being disliked, but I always thought it was by defenders. Maybe he just goes too far talking trash, but that doesn't bother me. He doesn't have off the field issues so I'd pay him. Love pairing him with Robert Woods (former USC guy) and tavon in the slot and also out wide in 3wr sets.

I've also toyed with the idea of trading a 6th for Josh Gordon. low risk, high reward. Always been a fan of his and think the marijuana issues, while against the NFL conduct policy, will eventually change once more testing is done for concussions. It's just a PR nightmare to have professional athletes smoking.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Admittedly, I'm not great with the numbers, but I used Spottrac for estimates. The cap numbers could be played around with. I toyed with the idea of Matt Kalil on a 1 year deal, but went with Reiff instead.

This won't be a popular opinion, but I'd rather see what a new OL Coach can do with Greg than pay Reiff or Kalil (even Kalil on a 1-year deal). Neither guy is terrible, but I don't consider either guy to be good enough to justify their price tag.

The numbers are always difficult to estimate. I try to find similar contracts and then slightly overestimate. But sometimes I am way off. It tends to go both ways too (can be way low on one guy and way high on another). The easiest guys to make estimates on are generally the top FAs.

Quote:
I've read the stuff on Pryor being disliked, but I always thought it was by defenders. Maybe he just goes too far talking trash, but that doesn't bother me. He doesn't have off the field issues so I'd pay him. Love pairing him with Robert Woods (former USC guy) and tavon in the slot and also out wide in 3wr sets.

Brian Hartline and Alex Boone both also went after him. They both played with him at Ohio State, and Hartline was a teammate of his in Cleveland. People have explanations for it, but I'm not at all sold. I hate to make such a big commitment to a guy who maybe a toxic presence in the locker room.

Quote:
I've also toyed with the idea of trading a 6th for Josh Gordon. low risk, high reward. Always been a fan of his and think the marijuana issues, while against the NFL conduct policy, will eventually change once more testing is done for concussions. It's just a PR nightmare to have professional athletes smoking.

Yea. Josh Gordon trades tend to be popular. Too bad he can't get out of his own way with the talent he has.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: