Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: General Season Thread Reply with quote

Well, the old thread was well above 100 pages. But at least it still contains remnants of the st louis rams. But to quote Vince Vaughn in wedding crashers, "can't let a little pissing and moaning break tradition."

It's sad that a lot if you are leaving. It's because of you guys the Rams were my number one team, even overtaking the Cardinals (slightly ). We formed a pretty awesome group through some pretty craptastic times. I hope you guys change your minds, but I can't blame you if you cant. What Kroenke did was pretty low, and it's hard to support an organization when it's head looks like Janet Reno.

If there is a silver lining, it's that I hope this forum gets some new fans. LA faithful, I'm happy for you guys. Now go out and recruit!

Before we begin this new journey, I was able to eavesdrop and listen to some story time by our beloved owner.

[/URL]

Child: Pa-pah, I would love to hear the story of how you became so succesful. You are the 2nd richest owner in a league that throws around money, which is pretty impressive. I want to be like you, Pa-pah

[/URL]

Kroenke: Well Stanley Emmanuel Lewis Kroenke the 3rd, it's quite a great story. I tried having Micheal Bay tell it....

"And then I was all like, THE JONES DOME IS GOING TO BLOW UP! AND THEN, THE ARCH TURNED INTO A TRANSFORMER AND THEN KKKKK---CHHHAAABOO!!! EXPLOSION! THEN BALLPARK VILLAGE TRANSFORMED AND LIKE 30 PEOPLE GOT BURNINATED, AND..."

Stan: it didn't work out. Instead, I paid Spielberg to tell the story with all that extra money we shall get. And of course, music by John Williams.

https://youtu.be/BYwqjCj6kgc

Stan: John...Williams....this is not John Williams. I paid 10 million dollars for John Williams.

Speilberg: John refused to do the music, he thinks you're a dirt bag who thinks you know so little about music that you don't even know who David Bowie was.

Stan: why does he care if I didn't know who some backup boy band singer was?

Speilberg : well, anyway, I got jaun Williams and then used the rest of the money to buy myself a gym. Deal with it.

Stan: well, anyway, I'll begin by telling you that my prowess for power began at an early age.

50 years ago

Kids: neato! Look at this new game, it's called hungry hungry hippos!

How do we play, Stan?

Young stan: well, I name someone commisioner. Then I run off with the commisioner, hide all of the pebbles, put them in our pockets, then leave you guys with one. That will determine which of you gets 3rd place.

Kid: ummm...those rules suck. How about we play something a little more...fair?

Young stan: I bought this game!!! You know what? I'm moving it to another kids house, where we will play by my rules! Nahnahanh boo boo!

Stan: yes, it was my first check of dominance.

Stanley: you sure showed those peasants, pa-pah!

Stan: I simply wanted a future just like any man desires. A nice life for himself, and his children, which would have their own private islands where they could drive around tanks all day. And this brings me to my first big business deal. I started at the bottom just like everyone else.

*1994*

Stan: gloves! Get your gloves here! They can magically shift shapes! Large, medium, small, four fingers, this pair can do it all!

[/URL]

OJ: how much for thsee gloves?

Stan: what are they worth to ya?

OJ: right now I'll pay anything.

Stan: how about...5 million?

OJ: 5 million?!

Stan: I just saw you in naked gun, Mr juice. I think you can pay up.

Oj: hmmmm....I'll just take 1.

Stan: well, that doesn't make much sense, but okay, here ya go.

*present*

Stan: It's all about necessity my boy. Just like our forefathers realized when they settled these great lands.

[/URL]

Pilgrims: thanks for dinner. But we did buy this dinner table...so we are all gonna move here. We spoke to the leader of your tribe, chief greencraver. He also fined half the tribe for not wearing the right feathers, a same fine that applied for horseback riding on opium. It's okay, we have a pretty awesome stadium set up. It's a bit of a walk to get there but you guys will be pretty stoked once you see it.

Stan: It's all about knowing when to cash in on opportunity. You just have to have a little help from your friends. Take my old bachelor day for example, I had the best wingman ever.

[/URL]

Cosby: zip zop zoopity bop!

Stan: success is about never being satisfied.

Stanley: and what if playing by the rules won't get you there?

Stan: then don't play by them. Be your own man. If you cant get your way, just remember you're a kroenke. Whine to the most powerful person in control of the situation, throw a bunch of money in his face in a vicarious manner, slam the place you are currently in by making excuses and half hearted lies to build your case, and then, son, you will always win.

Stanley: yes, pa-pah!

Stan: to quote the greatest band ever, "we all just want to be big rockstars."

Stanley: ...is that a nickelback lyric?

Stan: why yes it is. It's fine Canadian music, they never recycle their songs, and their songs really require a lot of thought. It's what succesful people listen to. Take RG3 and Johnny manziel. Both are huge nickelback fans. I helped buy their backstage passes with the money I was saving free agency pickups.

Stanley: why do you hate st louis, pa-pah?

Stan: I dunno, they were just a little ungrateful after my last contribution. They were s ungrateful of my philanthropy.

*3 years ago *

Stan: Hello st louis!

St louis: wooooo!!!

Stan: today marks a new embodiment of this proud city. I present to you...the Stephen Hawking school of....

Person 1: physics???

Person 2: astrophysics??

Person 3: applied scientific theories?????

Stan: ....dance!

*crickets*

Stan: let us look forward to new beginnings. Let us thank Roger Goodell for striking a deal that screwed over the Raiders and the chargers for their silly little Carson project. Let us thank the proud city of st louis for spending all those tax dollars to try and keep their team. I love me some good effort, but all of this stands in the way of the NFL making 25 billion in revenue. Go LA! Go nickelback!

Last edited by Ramsfan28 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get things started on a not so angry rant note, we need to discuss who is going to be handing off the ball to Gurley next year as well as occasionally feeding Tavon Austin and whoever else feels like going deep.

Anyone willing to make a case for Case? I for one am really feeling this draft class. The Rams are in position to snag a QB in a class with talent and a year where not too many teams beyond the Rams draft order will be looking for a new signal caller.
Rams4Life523

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know too much about this draft's QB class. However if there's one worth taking early, I say we make a trade to get him; if not then make a move for a pass catcher.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if we could trade up for Jared Goff, but unfortunately the price may be a bit steep. I think we need to target a QB in the 1st round or with one of our two 2nd round picks, though. It's way too early to tell where guys will be drafted. After the combine, pro days, workouts, interviews, etc we should have a better idea. I could see a guy like Carson Wentz getting drafted in the 2nd round right now, but a few months from now if he's really impressive he could be a first rounder. Who knows. I know a bunch of people here had Teddy Bridgewater as their #1 QB prospect a few years ago and he was the last pick in the first round and the 3rd QB taken in that draft.

I just want the Rams to take the best player available a #15 if that's where we end up picking. It would be nice to add a WR, TE, and offensive linemen to with a QB. We're in a position to do all of that that with free agency and the draft. This is probably the biggest off-season we've had in a really long time. We're really close to being a postseason team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard about jerseys, are they going back to the pre-2000 ones? I'm praying they do, can't imagine that they wouldn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Has anyone heard about jerseys, are they going back to the pre-2000 ones? I'm praying they do, can't imagine that they wouldn't.

Just read an interview with Demoff and Kroenke and Demoff talks about going back to the blue/gold from the GSOT/late LA days but not quite that design sounded like they're going to redesign those.
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

Just read an interview with Demoff and Kroenke and Demoff talks about going back to the blue/gold from the GSOT/late LA days but not quite that design sounded like they're going to redesign those.
If we go to the blue and yellow, I imagine we'll use the white and blue as the throwback uniforms.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo we need like a cali roll call.. And we can finally meet up and drink some brews with the brethren. WE CAN START OUR OWN FIGHT CLUB HERE.

Adopt a Ram:Tavon Austin
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Yo we need like a cali roll call.. And we can finally meet up and drink some brews with the brethren. WE CAN START OUR OWN FIGHT CLUB HERE.
Me and you can meet in San Diego and drive to Los Angeles while listening to Ja Rule.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Me and you can meet in San Diego and drive to Los Angeles while listening to Ja Rule.

I'll be your Ashanti

Adopt a Ram:Tavon Austin
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question I have, why has St. Louis received $0 from the NFL? Kroenke had to pay the $550 million dollar relocation fee, shouldn't St. Louis have the right to some of that money?

Back in 1995 LA received nearly $30 million from the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone remember that dismal FOX series Terra Nova? This new thread reminds me of that, for some reason.
Boboso20

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the reveal of the "new" logo I guess we're keeping the same uniforms/colors. I don't think they do anything until the new stadium is built
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
One question I have, why has St. Louis received $0 from the NFL? Kroenke had to pay the $550 million dollar relocation fee, shouldn't St. Louis have the right to some of that money?

Back in 1995 LA received nearly $30 million from the NFL.
That money goes to the NFL (and is redistributed to the owners). It has nothing to do with the city.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
El ramster wrote:

I'll be your Ashanti
Late reply, but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 1 of 67

Jump to: