Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Pressing Questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. Tavon Austin was wildly disappointing last season for those fantasy owners who were expecting a Wes Welker like impact year 1. Do you guys think he turns the corner this season or will he continue to have growing pains adapting to the NFL? Are there any other pass catchers on this team who could prove to be a sneaky value for fantasy owners?

2. Sam Bradford was having a relatively great season in 2013 before going down with another injury. Do you guys think he can build on that in 2014 with a strong running game and great defense? Is there a chance he can be a top 10 fantasy QB?

3. Zac Stacy really emerged in the back half of the 2013 season and has generated a lot of buzz in fantasy circles since. How many touches are you guys expecting out of him and how might Tre Mason effect his value in 2014 and beyond?

SJax39

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

1. Tavon Austin was wildly disappointing last season for those fantasy owners who were expecting a Wes Welker like impact year 1. Do you guys think he turns the corner this season or will he continue to have growing pains adapting to the NFL? Are there any other pass catchers on this team who could prove to be a sneaky value for fantasy owners?

I atually think Tavon will end as a top 30 WR, even better in leagues that reward point for kick/punt returns. Britt also has an outside shot to get back to his old form, and Givens could be a nice pick in deeper drafts.

2. Sam Bradford was having a relatively great season in 2013 before going down with another injury. Do you guys think he can build on that in 2014 with a strong running game and great defense? Is there a chance he can be a top 10 fantasy QB?

IMO he will be around 10-12. He looked really good last year, and his supporting cast only got better.

3. Zac Stacy really emerged in the back half of the 2013 season and has generated a lot of buzz in fantasy circles since. How many touches are you guys expecting out of him and how might Tre Mason effect his value in 2014 and beyond?

The addition of Greg Robinson helps Stacy more than the addition of Tre Mason hurts him. As long as he can stay healthy, I see him picking up right where he left off.

[b]CLOWNEY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST #2
tim199009

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is any receiver you want to look at on the team for fantasy purposes it would be Kenny Britt. I think he will be a huge sleeper.

Every one feel free to send your Bitcoins here:
16o9K2FJ7qYtGR2mypgFnQ2ee5H3p4vnR7

Rams Rams Rams

Kanye West= the GOAT
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like or play fantasy football but I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Quote:

It'll depend on usage for Austin...namely how Schottenheimer plans to utilize his skill-set. I have no idea how well he'll do with that.

If it were me, I'd avoid all Rams WRs. I'd take a long look at Jared Cook though as a secondary TE option. With a strong running game and Bradford, he ought to get some play-action shots. Austin Pettis is also a guy to keep an eye on early in the season. If the Rams give him a big role, he'll see a lot of red-zone opportunities. But I wouldn't draft him. Because he may not see the field. Just a waiver wire guy to keep an eye on.

Quote:

Build on it? Yes. Top 10 fantasy QB? Doubtful.

Quote:

I think the Rams are going to run the ball on somewhere in the range 47% to 50% of their offensive plays this year. Stacy will be the lead back with Mason and Cunningham seeing a decent amount of touches. My estimation would be Stacy receiving somewhere around 260-280 carries and maybe 25-30 receptions.

But Stacy is a guy with an iffy medical history so that's something to keep in mind. If he stays on the field, he'll get his touches. And with the Rams OL looking the way it does, I think he'll do well.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Boboso20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only rams guys I would take would be zac, mason, Greg the leg, rams defense and britt late and maybe cook. Zac will carry the load but like Jrry said he gets hurt a bit. If you draft zac you certainly have to handcuff him. As far as Bradford goes I don't think he puts up enough numbers to be a top 10 guy but maybe top 15 if everything goes as planned.
stl_rams_fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all good questions

1.) Tavon is tricky. Late in the year he really turned it on, & made big plays in 3 aspects of the game. It depends on how Schotty will use him. If he gets enough touches he will be a top 75 Fantasy player. He'll probably have around 50 REC, 600 REC Yards, 300 Rushing yards, maybe 800 return yards, & I'm hoping for 8 total touchdowns . So if you're in a league that counts all of those aspects for 1 player, I'd definitely take him

2.) Sam was on track to have a giant year last year, & I think this is the hardest question of them all because of that. We added weapons, but our defense is gonna be great, & the run game is gonna be great too. I think the Rams are going to run too much, & the defense will keep the games too close for the Sam to throw the ball enough. So I expect Sam to be around 13-16 in the QB ratings

3. ) I love Zac, he runs like an animal & has a big chip on his shoulder. I think drafting Tre Mason in the 3rd is just going to motivate him even more....but with all that said, I drafted Tre in my rookie draft because of the following:
- Zac had some injury troubles & misses more plays than some other RB's
- Zac has horrible hands, & Jeff Fisher already came out and said that Tre Mason will play on the passing downs
- The Rams are moving to a run-based system, so I think Tre will get enough carries to impress the coaches, and have at least 35% of the carries

hope these helped, but just my personal opinions
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it interesting you said Tre Mason will play on passing downs considering how poor he is in pass protection and that's what seems to earn younger players playing time early on. Anyone care to comment on this objection?
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I found it interesting you said Tre Mason will play on passing downs considering how poor he is in pass protection and that's what seems to earn younger players playing time early on. Anyone care to comment on this objection?

No, you're right on, imo. Doubt we see Stacy come off the field much on 3rd and longs, if Mason is going to cut into Stay's workload it's probably going to come on earlier downs. Stacy's just too good in pass protection to risk a blown blitz pickup in those situations.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
SoS wrote:

No, you're right on, imo. Doubt we see Stacy come off the field much on 3rd and longs, if Mason is going to cut into Stay's workload it's probably going to come on earlier downs. Stacy's just too good in pass protection to risk a blown blitz pickup in those situations.

Yep. If anything, if Pead gets his head on straight, he'd be the one to play on passing downs. But there's no guarantee he makes the team.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
tim199009

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
SoS wrote:

Yep. If anything, if Pead gets his head on straight, he'd be the one to play on passing downs. But there's no guarantee he makes the team.

Pead will shock the world this year. My rams inside sleepers are: Mcleod, Pead, Barksdale, Kendricks, Sims, and Armstrong

Sleepers for the outside world: Britt, Givens, Trumaine Johnson, and Ogletree ( i hope nobodies still sleeping on him )

Sorry for including defense i know that wasnt part of the deal.

Rams Rams Rams

Kanye West= the GOAT
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
SoS wrote:

Pead will shock the world this year. My rams inside sleepers are: Mcleod, Pead, Barksdale, Kendricks, Sims, and Armstrong

Sleepers for the outside world: Britt, Givens, Trumaine Johnson, and Ogletree ( i hope nobodies still sleeping on him )

Pead?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
tim199009

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
SoS wrote:

Pead?

Yes Pead, very bold prediction. Ive been all over him since the end of last season and have been saying it ever since. No one believed at first when i said Richardson would be gone before him. Now you hear it here again, Pead will be a factor this season.

Rams Rams Rams

Kanye West= the GOAT
Against_me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:

Yes Pead, very bold prediction. Ive been all over him since the end of last season and have been saying it ever since. No one believed at first when i said Richardson would be gone before him. Now you hear it here again, Pead will be a factor this season.

Wasn't Fassel who said that Pead was going to be great this year?

Stedman Bailey

receiving - 17 rec 226 yards avg 15.4
rushing - 2 att 33 yards 1 td

Ray Ray Armstrong

13 tackles 0 FF 1 FR 0 Int 0 Sacks
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

At the beginning of the season, I think Mason will hardly cut into Stacey touches. But later in the season, I could definitely see him getting more touches as he comes along. Especially if Stacey gets nicked up as the season progresses.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think jrry nailed it on Pead. If he can smarten up, he has great upside as a 3RDRB. I have always loved his potential for that spot, easily, easily our best pass catching back. And he does it well.

Reason for Edit, I called jrry "jury"

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: