Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Do You Feel About Jared Goff Weapons?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stl4life07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: How Do You Feel About Jared Goff Weapons? Reply with quote

Jared Goff Weapons:
HB Todd Gurley/Tre Mason/Benny Cunningham
TE Lance Kendrick/Tyler Higbee/Temmarick Hemmingway
WR Kenny Britt/Brian Quick/Tavon Austin/Pharoh Cooper/Mike Thomas/Bradley Marquez

My take: Just from first glance, we know Gurley is going to be the strong focus in the offense running the football. Im hopeful that he is going to be more involved in the passing game. He will be even better this upcoming season because he is not only healthy but he will have a full camp and not have to hold back. I believe we will even see him play in the preseason.

A tight end, the Rams have a moveable piece in Higbee. Kendrick is more of a traditional tight end so when both guys are on the field it will be fun to see how they use them to find mismatches.

The receivers provide both size and speed. Im not ready to give up on Quick because of his talent. Both Quick and Britt has the size to make plays. Tavon and Pharoh should be fun to watch because both guys are a big play waiting to happen and you can line them up everywhere on the field.

The accuracy, decisiveness, and decision making will come into play big time for Goff putting the ball into the hands of the Rams playmakers. I feel like the Rams got better on offense not just with drafting Goff but adding other guys to the offense that are capable of getting yards, moving the chains, and putting points on the board.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to be patient with the rookie WRs and TEs. Thomas, Cooper, Higbee, and Hemingway are all talented but odds are that none will be studs as rookies. All have developing to do.

Our weapons aren't great. But Goff can manage the game with them while Gurley and the defense do the heavy lifting. And we can take that time to develop Goff and our young WRs/TEs.

Who knows...maybe Britt, Quick, or Austin surprises us with a talent like Goff at QB.

Off the field? Like when he is grocery shopping, does he block the freezer aisle with his sluggish selection of which hungry man to buy?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Expectations must be realistic for now and the future. The Offense is still young and coming together. New QB, new OC (sort of), young at every other position and while we drafted 4 new weapons, itll take time no matter how talented they are.

The future is bright however.

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Trumaine Johnson:
TKL: INT: PBU: FF: FR:
Tano

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Agreed. Expectations must be realistic for now and the future. The Offense is still young and coming together. New QB, new OC (sort of), young at every other position and while we drafted 4 new weapons, itll take time no matter how talented they are.

The future is bright however.

I gotta wear shades Cool
stl_rams_fan

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find really funny about this draft is that Snead and Fisher seem to be getting smarter when drafting skill players.

I know this will be a controversial statement but this year we basically got a Tavon Austin type-player in the 4th round instead of #8 overall and we got a Brian Quick clone in the 6th instead of #33 overall
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl_rams_fan wrote:
What I find really funny about this draft is that Snead and Fisher seem to be getting smarter when drafting skill players.

I know this will be a controversial statement but this year we basically got a Tavon Austin type-player in the 4th round instead of #8 overall and we got a Brian Quick clone in the 6th instead of #33 overall

Mike Thomas and Brian Quick don't really have anything in common. But I understand what you're saying.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl_rams_fan wrote:

Cooper may be a Tavon type player but he is not a better prospect which is why he went in the mid rounds.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
stl4life07

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
stl_rams_fan wrote:

Cooper may be a Tavon type player but he is not a better prospect which is why he went in the mid rounds.

Actually Pharoh Cooper fell because he didn't test well at the combine. Meanwhile Tavon Austin did when he came out. Same as why Treadwell fell in the draft and Mike Evans was a top 10 pick. Both guys are similar except Treadwell didn't run a good 40 time and Evans did.
jjab360

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a heck of a lot better after yesterday.

Higbee is going to be one of the biggest steals of the draft imo. Just a super smooth route runner with sneaky explosiveness and soft hands, he'll be better than Cook almost immediately.

Mike Thomas is another guy, like E.J. Gaines, that's a really solid player but just happened to be overlooked for some reason or another and fall all the way to the 6th. He'll make an early impact.

The thing I love about all these receivers is how smooth they all are and that they know how to set up DBs with their routes as well as make the tough catches in tight coverage. Givens, Cook, Kendricks, Tavon, pretty much all of our recent receivers struggled in this aspect and it's why they failed to produce despite having all the athleticism in the world. That and terrible QB play.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
stl_rams_fan wrote:

Actually Pharoh Cooper fell because he didn't test well at the combine. Meanwhile Tavon Austin did when he came out. Same as why Treadwell fell in the draft and Mike Evans was a top 10 pick. Both guys are similar except Treadwell didn't run a good 40 time and Evans did.

They might have similar styles but Tavon was better than Cooper and Evans was better than Treadwell coming out...

Plus that 2013 draft was historically weak at the top, pushing Tavon up the board.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way the Rams have two 2nd round caliber players in Higbee and Cooper. Higbee would've been a 2nd round pick if had not been for his recent off the field issues and Cooper would've been a 2nd round pick had he not tested well at the combine/pro day. So the Rams traded away both 2nds to move up to 1st overall to get Goff but they still landed two 2nd round caliber players. Great job by Snead/Fisher all around.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
stl_rams_fan wrote:

They might have similar styles but Tavon was better than Cooper and Evans was better than Treadwell coming out...

Plus that 2013 draft was historically weak at the top, pushing Tavon up the board.

I believe I heard Daniel Jeremiah compare Cooper style of play to Emmanuel Sanders and I know when Tavon came out his comparison was to Percy Harvin.
jjab360

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
stl_rams_fan wrote:

I believe I heard Daniel Jeremiah compare Cooper style of play to Emmanuel Sanders and I know when Tavon came out his comparison was to Percy Harvin.

Sanders is much faster and more explosive, I don't see it tbh.

Cooper's game is quickness, body control, and YAC, kind of like Kendall Wright.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
stl_rams_fan wrote:

Cooper didn't test well because he doesnt have Tavon's top end speed. It wasnt a fluke.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl_rams_fan wrote:

Eh, I wouldn't call Cooper a Tavon type or Thomas a Quick clone.

Cooper is more similar to Stedman Bailey than Tavon. And Thomas is so much better when the ball is in the air than Quick is. I wish Quick had Thomas's ball-skills. Thomas is more similar to Marvin Jones than Quick.

Off the field? Like when he is grocery shopping, does he block the freezer aisle with his sluggish selection of which hungry man to buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: