Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No Qb in FA?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: No Qb in FA? Reply with quote

Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson indicates the Rams won't move in free agency to modify the QB depth chart. So, either they'll snag a QB in 2016 Draft or it's Keenum, Foles, and Mannion for 2016.

Thoughts?
LARams91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: No Qb in FA? Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson indicates the Rams won't move in free agency to modify the QB depth chart. So, either they'll snag a QB in 2016 Draft or it's Keenum, Foles, and Mannion for 2016.

Thoughts?

The way the Free Agency moves are shaking up, we may be able to move up to 6 and have our pick of the litter QB wise.
Flounch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why upgrading our QB when you have a HOF QB like Case Keenum ?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard that guy Connor Cook is pretty good Wink

1. Myles Garrett DE TAMU
2. JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC
3. Jalen Reeves-Maybin LB Tennessee
4. Tim Williams EDGE Bama
5. Corey Davis WR Western Mich
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are showing our cards too much here. We should at least put our name in the crowd for a guy like Fitz, even if its too low of an offer, it shows that maybe we aren't that high on the draft QB group. Without trying anything in FA, we are upping the price for us to trade up in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think we are going to draft a QB ? Well think again...
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I think we are showing our cards too much here. We should at least put our name in the crowd for a guy like Fitz, even if its too low of an offer, it shows that maybe we aren't that high on the draft QB group. Without trying anything in FA, we are upping the price for us to trade up in my opinion.

I disagree. I think it would be more telling if they did go after someone

1. Myles Garrett DE TAMU
2. JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC
3. Jalen Reeves-Maybin LB Tennessee
4. Tim Williams EDGE Bama
5. Corey Davis WR Western Mich
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Heard that guy Connor Cook is pretty good Wink

haha! good one.....
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:

I don't think we will either. Case Keenum it is.....

with that said, do you think Foles' lack of success was due to old coordinator and Boras has a chance to turn him around and make him work for starting position again?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Flounch wrote:

with that said, do you think Foles' lack of success was due to old coordinator and Boras has a chance to turn him around and make him work for starting position again?

Not at all. I think he's shell-shocked after some of the shots he took and he's just not accurate at all to begin with...

He's done...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Flounch wrote:

Not at all. I think he's shell-shocked after some of the shots he took and he's just not accurate at all to begin with...

He's done...

So, then we SERIOUSLY must be banking on Keenum for 2016 or we are gonna make a move up to get Goff or Wentz? Seems like the only scenario that makes sense. Maybe w/ the Chargers at 3? Goff?

Would you guys be against trading up for Goff or just keep our picks and see about getting Cook or Lynch later on?
LARams91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:

We wer ein the market for Fitz, just not at the price he wants. I saw a report that us and Cleveland offered him lower deals, only interested at a certain price.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cleveland does pull off a trade for Kaepernick, I think they go a different route then QB at #2 and draft a more sure thing player like Bosa/Ramsey/Jack. That would put SF as the only real team that is for sure taking a QB before our pick. That definitely doesn't mean that another team won't grab one, but it increases our chances and decreases the amount we will have to give in a trade up (after 7th pick). I'm rooting for this to happen.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much accepted the fact that Keenum or Foles will probably be the starting QB

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LARams91 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

We wer ein the market for Fitz, just not at the price he wants. I saw a report that us and Cleveland offered him lower deals, only interested at a certain price.

Fitz isn't budging from wanting starter's money (which the benchmark for just got upped with the Osweiler signing - highly doubtful Fitz accepts less than $10-11m/yr, possibly more than that even), and he's (probably correctly) banking on a team getting desperate enough to give it to him when trade target (and potentially draft target) guys start drying up.

Thing is, the Jets effectively called his semi-bluff. They were prepared to start Geno last year until IK turned him into Kanye. Stands to reason they'd be just as comfortable this year since it's the same coaching staff. They also drafted Petty last year, so they likely have aspirations at least above "3rd string QB" for him.

Fitz has the benefit that, because he's an incredibly smart and savvy guy (not even the Harvard thing, listen to the guy talk football, he's got a high football IQ as well and just great cognitive function), he can pick up a new offense pretty damn quick. So if a starter gets injured early in camp, he know he's going to be able to get at least what's being tabled to him right now to come in for a year as an injury-fill.

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: