Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Expectations for the D line?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Expectations for the D line? Reply with quote

How do you guys expect the Dline to perform as a whole this year? Individual players? Do you expect Donald to start? Let me see your predictions about our best unit.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Donald will start but he'll play a high number of snaps.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
QuickFeet10

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a whole defense.. Anything less than 50 maybe 55 sacks would be dissapointing. Weve had over 50 2 straight years now (with the majority coming from the line) so if anything id like to see us get about 60-65 as crazy as it sounds..

As for individual lineman i can see

Quinn 15-18 sacks
Long 10-13
Brockers 4-8
Donald 3-6
Langford 3-5
Hayes 4-7
Sims 1-3
Carrington 1-3 ( not sure about him)

And as for run defense i expect them to rank top 7

jjab360

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinn - 17 sacks
Long - 10 sacks
Donald - 9 sacks
Brockers - 5 sacks
Hayes - 5 sacks
Langford - 3 sacks
Carrington - 2 sacks
Sims - 2 sacks

That makes 53 sacks for the D-line alone. Assuming that Williams blitzes as much as I think he will, our sack totals could be astronomical.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our pass rush will be quite solid. Especially if Donald can come in and beat one on one blocks, which he should be able to.

Against the run, I am worried. With the exception of Brockers and Quinn, we don't any members of front 7 that excel in that area. JL-55 can't shed a block to save his life, and often washes himself out of plays by trying to avoid blocks altogether. Ogletree struggles similarly with this issue.

We'll know by week 3, when DeMarco Murray runs for another 300 yards against or not.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jjab360

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
I think our pass rush will be quite solid. Especially if Donald can come in and beat one on one blocks, which he should be able to.

Against the run, I am worried. With the exception of Brockers and Quinn, we don't any members of front 7 that excel in that area. JL-55 can't shed a block to save his life, and often washes himself out of plays by trying to avoid blocks altogether. Ogletree struggles similarly with this issue.

We'll know by week 3, when DeMarco Murray runs for another 300 yards against or not.

Outside of Murray, we did very well against the run last year, I'm not too worried about it. 3rd best in the league at only 3.7 YPC and 7th best at 101.6 Yards per game.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Outside of Murray, we did very well against the run last year, I'm not too worried about it. 3rd best in the league at only 3.7 YPC and 7th best at 101.6 Yards per game.

Yupp.. Our run defense actually was very good aside a game or two. Dunbar coming back from his suspension also helped alot

S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

Not looking forward to the matchup for this reason alone lol .
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

This year, we should have a DC that's competent. That'll go along way vs. Dallas. Walton was just out-smarted in that game at every turn.

QuickFeet10

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

This year, we should have a DC that's competent. That'll go along way vs. Dallas. Walton was just out-smarted in that game at every turn.

Definitely one of the most frustrating games to watch last season..

El ramster

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuickFeet10 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Tested ones fanhood for certain.

BBL
Boboso20

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
QuickFeet10 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Tell me about it. I went to the game and it was brutal... Not to mention everyone in my family and friends are big cowboy fans
QuickFeet10

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boboso20 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
QuickFeet10 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Tell me about it. I went to the game and it was brutal... Not to mention everyone in my family and friends are big cowboy fans

I was fuming over than dez touchdown.. Was so mad I traded him for Reggie bush and Torrey smith in fantasy haha

jrry32

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuickFeet10 wrote:
Boboso20 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
QuickFeet10 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

I was fuming over than dez touchdown.. Was so mad I traded him for Reggie bush and Torrey smith in fantasy haha

The Bryant TD was a joke. As blatant of a push-off as you can get.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fearsome Foursome 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: