Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mid round targets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Mid round targets Reply with quote

This is where Seattle shines unlike any other team in the league. Rounds 4 and 5 are why we made it to back to back superbowls.

We all have our draft crushes for some subjective reason, and would love for this players to be on our team. Post yours here. Who's that small school kid you want to take a chance on? Who was that guy that went to the major program and never got his chance? Who's measurables are you in love with?

Restrict your options guys you think we could get between rounds 3-5. I'll post mine soon.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
brseahawks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest crush mid round is Tre McBride. Polished receiver, reported to be steadly improving his route running year after year (and still is improving), can line up anywhere in the field, displayed great return numbers in college, aced the Combine, measuring 6'0" 210lbs, running 4.41, jumping 38" high, over 10" broad jumping, has bigger arms and hands than DGB. High points the ball with impressive timing and hand-eye coordination and comes from a run-heavy offense in College. Well spoken and can sell strong work ethic in interviews. He's reported as the poor man's Amari Cooper.

He's projected to go 3rd/4th, but if there's a team going back on him, I think he could go really early in the 3rd or late second. And he'll make a team very happy with his all around skillset and great physical tools.

[MOD EDIT - It is against forum rules to link to off-site blogs]
Plush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's that Georgia wideout with the elite measurables?
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
Who's that Georgia wideout with the elite measurables?

Chris Conley? He's a project. Some team may fall in love with his combine stats but he's a late 4th or 5th round pick for me personally. He's big and fast when running in a straight line. Unfortunately, it looks like you're putting the tape in slo-mo when he's running in and out of breaks. He's worth a pick with the idea of developing him. His college stats are pretty weak (36 catches for 657yrds) but part of that is because his team was so run-heavy. 8 TDs on 36 catches is a good conversion rate but he needs a lot of work to become a reliable receiver.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
brseahawks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conley has two important traits his personality that could affect the expectation of improvement:

Positively: he's a smart guy, really polite and sociable. He is a guy that can sell to anyone through his speech, great work ethic.

Negatively: doesn't have true passion for the game. He loves cinema and Star Wars. His interest is somewhere else, and a lot of people think that could hinder his ability to improve.

However, no one disagrees with the notion he can be elite if he get his head into football, and dedicated himself to improve the fundamentals and work out on his strenght.

He had a ridiculous combine. 4.35 at fourty, 11 inches hand, almost 34" arms, 45" vertical, 215 pds, 11'5" broad jump... Ridiculous. I think he'll be overdrafted, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of these teams that could overdraft him is Seattle, on his physical prowess alone.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site brseahawks, glad to have another poster in this forum and I like what I've seen from your posting habits already. Keep it up, together we can speed up this offseason Laughing

Conley is definitely intriguing but I certainly don't want to overdraft him.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
brseahawks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot imani. Been around for so long as a reader. As a brazilian fan, I got very few people to talk in depth about NFL. There are some guys who like football here, but with very marginal knowledge about the sport. Looking forward to this opportunity. If you are interested, I'm also a poster on Poker Forums and Basketball Forums.

I think you guys should know about this:

Kipp Adams from 247sports wrote:

Seahawks check out small-school standout WR Tre McBride

The Seahawks landed arguably the top pass catcher possible with the trade for Pro Bowl tight end Jimmy Graham, but they could still look to upgrade their wide receiver group in the upcoming draft.

Seattle was one of 18 teams present at William & Mary's Pro Day last week, where the headliner was wide receiver Tre McBride. The 6-foot, 210-pound wideout left the Tribe having caught 196 passes for 2,653 yards and 19 touchdown receptions. Known for his ability to catch the ball in traffic and win jump ball battles, McBride will likely be a mid-round selection, so the Seahawks would have to use their third or fourth round selection in order to bring in the impressive wideout.

With the availability of Paul Richardson up in the air for the 2015 season, adding McBride could give Seattle a solid No. 3 wideout and dependable option in the slot, or at least someone who could push Kevin Norwood and Chris Matthews for snaps in the rotation.

Camp also attended by 18 other clubs: New England Patriots, Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, New York Giants, Houston Texans, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, San Diego Chargers, Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Seahawks probably in the front seat since it's unlikely a team will draft him in second round and Seattle has 63. I think we'd all love to have the guy around. Also, those are numbers coming from 3 seasons at a run-heavy system, and scrub-level QB play. Quite impressive if you ask me.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: