Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official MLS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
What a moron. He's just angry MLS doesn't follow the same format as other leagues. MLS is the fastest growing league in the country, and it's basically taken 4th place from the NHL.

Huh? Only area that it beats Hockey in is attendance and that was only this year.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
RoxSox2004 wrote:
What a moron. He's just angry MLS doesn't follow the same format as other leagues. MLS is the fastest growing league in the country, and it's basically taken 4th place from the NHL.

Huh? Only area that it beats Hockey in is attendance and that was only this year.

Well, since the NHL decides to stop playing every 6-7 years, it's only a matter of time. The ramifications of this lockout will linger much longer than the last one I think, this one is so ridiculous (the 2004-05 had legitimate concerns).

MLS is really more popular than what Sepp (especially Sepp) and the majority of the American population wants to believe.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
RoxSox2004 wrote:

It's much more than that. It's beating the NHL and it's close to the NBA when it comes to attendance. Most teams have soccer specific stadiums. The league is growing slowly but steadily.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
RoxSox2004 wrote:

Well, since the NHL decides to stop playing every 6-7 years, it's only a matter of time. The ramifications of this lockout will linger much longer than the last one I think, this one is so ridiculous (the 2004-05 had legitimate concerns).

MLS is really more popular than what Sepp (especially Sepp) and the majority of the American population wants to believe.

It is more popular, than what Sepp said and the league would benefit from a schedule format to fit those of the European counterpart. Ratings will definitely go up for the final as well as better planning overall. Do agree with you about the lockout part though.

League still has a ways to go with popularity though.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLS just needs a big TV deal. I don't think a calendar change would help much. No one wants to play in Boston or Montreal in the middle of winter.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
RoxSox2004 wrote:

It is more popular, than what Sepp said and the league would benefit from a schedule format to fit those of the European counterpart. Ratings will definitely go up for the final as well as better planning overall. Do agree with you about the lockout part though.

League still has a ways to go with popularity though.

I really don't think the calendar is all that big of a deal, it's only an issue in World Cup years. Going to a calendar like the Russian league wouldn't really make any sense at this point either (interest could be lost during the winter break). Down the line? Sure, I think MLS will eventually go to a traditional calendar, but for now keep it how it is. It seems like it's working.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounders loan Fredy Montero to Colombian side Millonarios.

Quote:
The Sounders have agreed to a deal to send Montero on a six-month loan to Colombian side Millonarios, sources confirmed to SBI on Thursday. The deal, first reported by Futbol Red, is a six-month loan with an option for a six-month extension of the loan, as well as a $4.5 million purchase option. Sources with knowledge of the loan deal have confirmed the parameters of the agreement.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/01/sounders-sending-montero-on-loan-to-millonarios.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Sounders loan Fredy Montero to Colombian side Millonarios.

Quote:
The Sounders have agreed to a deal to send Montero on a six-month loan to Colombian side Millonarios, sources confirmed to SBI on Thursday. The deal, first reported by Futbol Red, is a six-month loan with an option for a six-month extension of the loan, as well as a $4.5 million purchase option. Sources with knowledge of the loan deal have confirmed the parameters of the agreement.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/01/sounders-sending-montero-on-loan-to-millonarios.html

Being a Sounders fan, I am sad as he had so much promise and will be the first player I really remember liking, BUT he has been terrible and so inconsistent as of late. We needed goals in that final game and he was benched...shows a lot there. Need a big time replacement now!

Props to Kempes on the sig.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did happen to Montero, he had so much potential, but it looks so unfulfilled now.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
What did happen to Montero, he had so much potential, but it looks so unfulfilled now.

Aside from Freddy Adu, he takes the cake as the most frustrating player in MLS. He'll have moments of absolute brilliance, then you won't hear from him again until the next month, all the tools are there, there's just no box to put them in. It doesn't help that he has zero goals in the playoffs.

If Millonarios trigger that $4.5 million purchase option, I think it would be a good deal for Seattle. Even if they don't, there is a loophole that Seattle could trigger. For the six months that Montero is away, Seattle could sign another DP on a six month loan, unless they buy down Mauro Rosales' contract, which is possible and sign a full time DP.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wrote:
My top 10 would be

Henry
Keane
Wondo
Saborio
Montero
Cooper
Eddie Johnson
Gordon
Bruin
Koevermans

and then theres also Di Vaio, Lenhart, Espindola, Mattocks etc who I might take over CJ too

I'm going to respond to this in here so I don't clutter up the Arsenal thread.

IMO, I rate C.J. more than Gordon, Koevermans, Hassli, Nagbe, Rolfe, Lenhart, Mattocks and Espindola, he's in this group though.

1. Henry
2. Keane
3. Wondolowski
4. Saborio
5. E. Johnson
6. Bruin
7. Cooper
8. Montero
9. Sapong
10. Di Vaio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad, but I would take a healthy Koevermans for sure and probably Espindola over Sapong. Gordon too but I guess you could say he might be a 1 year wonder. I'd also add Sherjill Macdonald to the conversation

Joel Lindpere traded to the Fire for an international slot

http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/2013/01/fire-acquire-midfielder-joel-lindpere

Decent player, GL to him but hope we bring in someone better, we could really use a left winger and some depth in CM now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Lindpere was probably to create a little extra cap room for Luyindula.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto FC hires Ryan Nelsen, yes that Ryan Nelsen, as head coach.

Quote:
Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves
BREAKING- Toronto FC to name Ryan Nelsen new head coach: http://bit.ly/ZhJesX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Toronto FC hires Ryan Nelsen, yes that Ryan Nelsen, as head coach.

Quote:
Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves
BREAKING- Toronto FC to name Ryan Nelsen new head coach: http://bit.ly/ZhJesX

Saw he's still available to play for QPR for now but I guess he'll be leaving sooner rather than later .. thats pretty cool hes gotten his coaching badges it would seem and already landed a major gig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 62 of 100

Jump to: