Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dexter (Season 6!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Solid first episode. Surprised they ACTUALLY covered all the loose ends in the writing. Really surprised, actually. Impressed, even. They haven't written that tightly in ages.

My only gripe was the LaGuerta storyline. That was awkwardly placed. Think it would've been better if she found it later on. She got all weird and secretive about the blood slide from her introduction into the episode which was really odd. She had no reason to act so secretive about it at all...and if she was going to act secretive they could have at least tacked on a scene about how the slide reminded her of Doakes. Eh. Whatever. Still a good episode, looking forward to what happens next.

Oh yeah, I did feel like they moved pretty fast with Deb finding out so much so quickly, but it didn't make the episode any worse. It actually made it a lot better. I just hope they haven't shown their cards too quickly with this one. I'm not quite ready to delve into the 'serial killer of the season' quite yet. Clearly the best story line will be Dexter and Deb.

did you not watch the entire episode? She wasn't secretive about it from the beginning. She picked it up and told some low level crime scene guy to make sure it got catalouged in with the other evidence. Later she talked to masuka about blood slides and he brought up that only Doakes ever did that but that was because of his "serial killer on the side job".

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
coors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing that I can't stop thinking about.. that last scene where Deb is at Dex's place.. and she found everything. how was she able to find everything,,? you would have thought that Dex would have hid everything that is so incriminating a lot better than he did, if Deb was able to find it all. Dex is smarter than that..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
one thing that I can't stop thinking about.. that last scene where Deb is at Dex's place.. and she found everything. how was she able to find everything,,? you would have thought that Dex would have hid everything that is so incriminating a lot better than he did, if Deb was able to find it all. Dex is smarter than that..

It was hidden pretty well. The chest had a secret compartment and the slides were hidden behind the air conditioner. She's a cop, she knows where to look. Just like Doakes did.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
WAR ENSEMBLE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that too. These people know where people hide stuff. Very happy to see them taking this show in a new direction. The Deb/Dexter dynamic is really interesting and uncomfortable to watch.
BornToFly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
Ugh, I've gotten all the way through seasn 6, should I watch the new episode?

It's one of those things where I feel like I kinda have to finish it

You have or have not gotten through season 6. If you have not, absolutely finish season 6 before going onto the new one. You must.

No, I watched S6.

Oh, then of course, it's one of the best shows on tv!

Thanks BenderRodriguez for the sig!
BornToFly's Relationship Advice v.17
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:

Well he did kick a hole in the wall, so I assume she knew to leave no stone unturned.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BornToFly wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:

You have or have not gotten through season 6. If you have not, absolutely finish season 6 before going onto the new one. You must.

No, I watched S6.

Well if that's the assumption here, then maybe we aren't on the same page.

Season 5 was abysmal, and Season 6 was watchable....to me at least

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
tinoynk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:

No, I watched S6.

Yea Dexter has me far less enthused than it used to years ago, but with the new plot developments you pretty much gotta keep watching. The end is near!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Dexter and Deb angle right now, but I will stop watching this show completely if Deb begins to kill people. Plain and simple, that's the stupidest thing they could do.

^Packerbacker87 on the sig, thanks!
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throwing this out there been thinking it since last season... Jamies boyfriend is Brian Moser's son. So Dexter's nephew

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally watched the season premiere tonight...damn it was pretty good!

the ending was great with Deb finding all of his crap!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Throwing this out there been thinking it since last season... Jamies boyfriend is Brian Moser's son. So Dexter's nephew

He seems too old to be his son.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Solid first episode. Surprised they ACTUALLY covered all the loose ends in the writing. Really surprised, actually. Impressed, even. They haven't written that tightly in ages.

My only gripe was the LaGuerta storyline. That was awkwardly placed. Think it would've been better if she found it later on. She got all weird and secretive about the blood slide from her introduction into the episode which was really odd. She had no reason to act so secretive about it at all...and if she was going to act secretive they could have at least tacked on a scene about how the slide reminded her of Doakes. Eh. Whatever. Still a good episode, looking forward to what happens next.

Oh yeah, I did feel like they moved pretty fast with Deb finding out so much so quickly, but it didn't make the episode any worse. It actually made it a lot better. I just hope they haven't shown their cards too quickly with this one. I'm not quite ready to delve into the 'serial killer of the season' quite yet. Clearly the best story line will be Dexter and Deb.

did you not watch the entire episode? She wasn't secretive about it from the beginning. She picked it up and told some low level crime scene guy to make sure it got catalouged in with the other evidence. Later she talked to masuka about blood slides and he brought up that only Doakes ever did that but that was because of his "serial killer on the side job".

No, I only watched that scene and decided to post my disdain for the episode at hand...Rolling Eyes

The entire story was done poorly. First and foremost, since when does LaGuerta have laser vision to see the partial blood slide in the vent? Then awkwardly goes out of her way to pick it up and make sure it's logged in. Why does she have any interest in the evidence in one of Deb's cases as it is? You know they hate each other.

She wasn't secretive about it? Really? She came into the office with an agenda -- questioning Masuka about the evidence and blood slides (with a clear investment in the blood slide she found.) She proceeds to steal the blood slide she found. The way it was set up, it seemed like that was her plan all along. What's awkward about it is until Masuka mentioned Doakes she'd given no indication (to the viewers) as to why she'd care about the blood slide in the first place. Why is LaGuerta seeming so interested and secretive about a blood slide when the reasoning behind her interest wasn't even justified until she questioned Masuka about the evidence towards the end of the episode? The writing didn't add up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:

No, I watched S6.

Pretty much. S5 and S6 were pretty bad imo, though the first half of s6 was solid.

The only reason I'm watching at this point is because of Deb-Dexter. I don't really care who the 'killer of the season' is. After season 4 the main antagonists have paled in comparison to the previous ones. They really ought to change the direction this season so that, y'know...we actually care about the main antagonists one of these days.

The worst thing they could do is put the Deb-Dex storyline as a secondary story and let Dex focus on a main serial killer that no one cares about.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:

He seems too old to be his son.

Gave the theory to my wife, and she said the same thing. If you think about it, he's not too old.

He's an intern out of college, which puts him at 21-23. Dexter is late 30's to early 40's. Brian was older. It's not unlikely that an 18-20yr old could have a kid. Since crazy runs in the family.....

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 81 of 99

Jump to: