Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Thread of The Texas A&M Aggies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICE13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy, but I might put this team as the #2 team in the Big 12 and not OK State.
JustisM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICE13 wrote:
Call me crazy, but I might put this team as the #2 team in the Big 12 and not OK State.

Starting to think that too

1 Oklahoma
2 Texas A&M
3 Oklahoma State
4 Missouri
5 Texas
6 Baylor
7 Kansas State
8 Texas Tech
9 Kansas
10 Iowa State

These are just power rankings though, didn't look at the schedule
ICE13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustisM wrote:
ICE13 wrote:

Starting to think that too

1 Oklahoma
2 Texas A&M
3 Oklahoma State
4 Missouri
5 Texas
6 Baylor
7 Kansas State
8 Texas Tech
9 Kansas
10 Iowa State

These are just power rankings though, didn't look at the schedule

I'd agree, though KSU could surprise. Other than that, wouldn't change a thing.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just a completely demoralizing season. I had such hopes. I never really thought a nat title was within our reach, but thought we could really go after a BIG 12 title, and at least win a bowl game finally. The later is still possible I suppose, but at this rate it'll be another Galleryfurniture.com one that really doesn't mean much, and that's probably the best case scenario.

I am at a crossroads with this team. Obviously we've got some strong positive things happening, but we've also got huge question marks.

The move to the SEC is the big deal right now, and most are either really excited or terrified. IMO, it can only be good for us in the long run. We've got a rep higher then the lower level SEC teams like Miss State, so that should mean we can attract top coaches, and being the lone Texas SEC team should help. If we had stayed in the Big 12 then we would always be seen behind UT and OU, plus the overall competition isn't as good so a 9 win season that looks great leads to bowl loss after bowl loss, because in reality we're more like a 6-7 win team. The SEC will show us all of our warts, whcih will enable us to effectively address them.

A lot of Ags I talk to are really down on Sherman. I understand why, as his in game adjustments, or lack thereof have been flat out mind-boggling at times. I'm not sure he's the kind of coach we need to get us to a top level team consistently, but for now, he is doing a good enough job of pullign us out of the depths we were at. The one thing I do believe he's done a great job of is recruiting. We were one of the worst rosters in FBS by the end of Fran's reign, but now we are easily top 50, and maybe top 20 on offense. Sherman can sell something not many other school's now a days can, a legit pro-style offense, mixed with the spread, to give you experience in both. That should enable us to snag some of the better QB prospects available, which could really set us apart in the largely QB challenged SEC. We also run a 3-4 defense, which is pretty rare in college, but is half the league in the pro's. That should be a strong selling point to front 7 players to come here and learn a system that 50% of potential drafters use.

Ultimately, the move to the SEC gives me hope that we can change the biggest issue A&M has, a culture of mediocrity. It seems that it has long been acceptable by many to just be competitive with TU, and as long as we beat TU it's a successful season. That mindset while OK for a season or two, is destined to keep you just short of taking that next step if it is the mantra it has become for some. I never hear anyone from TU say it's OK as long as we beat A&M. Moving to the SEC, while possibly erasing that rivalry and all the history that goes with it (at least for a while IMO as it will return once cooler heads prevail), could possibly cause a paradigm shift in our mentality. No longer will it be OK to just be competitive. With no natural rival, no one game is any more important then another. We can create rivalries with several teams, which makes every game that much more important.

Anyway, my rant is over. I was just really devastated this past weekend with the way in which we lost to OU, and that wasn't helped by the following day's loss my Chiefs put out there, and the fact that my wife is from Baton Rouge (LSU and Saints fan) and can not really sympathize with the struggles of being a fan of these two teams, with the constant hope for the future to only be dashed by the cruel reality. I need soemthing to be optimistic about.

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, I just read that Michael tore his ACL. This is just getting a little pitiful.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Marky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to say, Texas A&M is growing on me.. Love me some Ryan Swope Very Happy

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
TexasViking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough season for the Ags. Such high expectations... 5 out of our 6 losses came with double digit leads. It's sad that such a great guy in Mike Sherman was fired but it had to be done. He is just not a college football coach. Hopefully our new coach will be able to add a spark that we haven't had in quite a while minus last season. My hope is for Chris Peterson or Kirby Smart.
TexasViking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEC!
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasViking wrote:
SEC!

Screw the SEC. This is a terrible move for the school and everyone from the regents down ought to be fired.

We shouldn't have left the Big XII. We shouldn't have fired Sherman. This entire ordeal is a farce and anyone with any sense ought to be ashamed to be associated with the university right now.
TexasViking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
TexasViking wrote:
SEC!

Screw the SEC. This is a terrible move for the school and everyone from the regents down ought to be fired.

We shouldn't have left the Big XII. We shouldn't have fired Sherman. This entire ordeal is a farce and anyone with any sense ought to be ashamed to be associated with the university right now.

What say you now?
Nsmith52188

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe in the middle of THIS season that this thread doesn't have more traction.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nsmith52188 wrote:
I can't believe in the middle of THIS season that this thread doesn't have more traction.

Just like the other Big 12 teams discussed in that thread, this team already has other websites that get lots of attention.

I for one am shocked this team has been as good as it has been. I truly believe they are probably a top 2-3 team right now.

I am super-excited to see us head to the Cotton Bowl and face Texas there. What a way to continue the rivalry!

Johnny Manziel should win the Heisman, and Kevin Sumlin coach of the year IMO.

^ryknowssd on the sig
TexasViking

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should've never left the big12 Laughing
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are posts on this page from 2011, holy crap guys!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is a little depressing that there was all of like 4 posts throughout the 2012 football season.

That being said Johnny Football is a baller both on the field and off the field:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: