Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ever Been on a Cruise?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Ever Been on a Cruise? Reply with quote

Wanted to start a thread to get some ideas and talk going about cruises. Me and the GF are planning on going on our first one early next year. We're planning on going to the Bahamas on a 7 day trip. So anyone ever been on one? Did you have a problem with seasickness? Where'd you go? Did you sneak your own alcohol on? Wink How was it? Etc. All input is welcome.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think 4 days/3 nights is the sweet spot.

I know people to be antsy to get out by the end of the week.

Edit: we did the Bahamas. It was Norwegian Cruise Line. It was pretty fun. It really depends on the people on the ship and what you are looking for.

Where in the Caribbean are you going to be?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went when I was 16 so couldn't drink. It was fun though. Not many people get seasick on a cruise, maybe only at night when you're laying down. Other than that it's very stable and most times you won't even remember you're on a boat.

As for alcohol they're very strict about it, you're not going to be able to sneak much in if at all. Any bottles that are open (like mouthwash) they won't let you bring on. Will have to find clever ways to try if that's something you want to do.

Fiancee and I thought about a cruise for our honeymoon but instead we're going to Sandals in Antigua for the all-inclusive aspect. 9 days of unlimited booze and food? And no bees? Yes please.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ever Been on a Cruise? Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Wanted to start a thread to get some ideas and talk going about cruises. Me and the GF are planning on going on our first one early next year. We're planning on going to the Bahamas on a 7 day trip. So anyone ever been on one? Did you have a problem with seasickness? Where'd you go? Did you sneak your own alcohol on? Wink How was it? Etc. All input is welcome.

I went on a 7 day cruise for my honeymoon this past June. It was also in the Bahamas.

I loved it! It was awesome being on the cruise. They had set up entertainment. They had fun things to do for couples. It was fun being in the pools. Had amazing food.

I really want to go on another cruise.

what company are you thinking about doing it through?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Fiancee and I thought about a cruise for our honeymoon but instead we're going to Sandals in Antigua for the all-inclusive aspect. 9 days of unlimited booze and food? And no bees? Yes please.

I think the next vacation the wife and I want to do is an all-inclusive one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on going on one in a few months. I've talked to a lot of people who said you can't even tell you're on a boat. So you don't have to worry about getting sea sick at all. The people I've talked to also said there's always an event going on and it's very affordable. So don't by shy about paying the additional fee for unlimited booze. Wink

John Elway wrote:
I'd like to start out this press conference with a thank you to John Elway...
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
I personally think 4 days/3 nights is the sweet spot.

I know people to be antsy to get out by the end of the week.

Edit: we did the Bahamas. It was Norwegian Cruise Line. It was pretty fun. It really depends on the people on the ship and what you are looking for.

Where in the Caribbean are you going to be?

It'll be Nassau, Bahamas for a day and then a half-day in Freeport, Bahamas.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Ever Been on a Cruise? Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I went on a 7 day cruise for my honeymoon this past June. It was also in the Bahamas.

I loved it! It was awesome being on the cruise. They had set up entertainment. They had fun things to do for couples. It was fun being in the pools. Had amazing food.

Carnival. They seem to be the cheapest and I haven't really seen many negative reviews. We'd depart from Baltimore Port on the Carnival Pride.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, and I will never go on one. Too many horror stories for me. I'll stick to land. And I am former Navy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
As for alcohol they're very strict about it, you're not going to be able to sneak much in if at all. Any bottles that are open (like mouthwash) they won't let you bring on. Will have to find clever ways to try if that's something you want to do.

Believe me, I've seen many creative ways people sneak alcohol on a ship(family and friends and from online videos). Whether it be the rum rummers, doing the mouthwash thing, emptying out a wine bottle and filling it back up with your choice of alcohol, etc. I'm not cheap by any means but paying upwards of $10 a drink is ridiculous. Carnival has a drinking card but it's like $55 a day which for 7 days and 2 people is close to $800. I mean we're already paying over $1000 for the cruise itself. The rule for carnival is that you're aloud to bring one 75oz bottle of wine per customer. We're not wine drinkers at all Laughing Just have to be very sneaky.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
skywindO2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been on a couple and really enjoyed them. 7 day Alaskan Cruise when I was 16 through Royal Caribbean and 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise through Celebrity when I was 23.

The one I was able to drink on I didn't have issues with sneaking liquor on but I think on the next one I'll opt for paying for a drink package. The convenience and ability to get a greater variety of drinks is too nice to pass up. My parents just went on a cruise and essentially got the drink package for free from their travel agent.

I personally don't have seasickness issues but that's something that varies from person to person. You'll never know if you're going to get it until you've experienced it. Just bring a thing of dramamine just in case. If it turns out you don't need it, you're only out ~$5. They'll charge you a lot more for it on the ship though.

For off ship excursions, you might find a better deal looking directly online for things to do on the island you're going to rather than booking with the ship. If all you want to do is hangout at a beach, there should be plenty of taxis at the cruise terminal and you'll be able to negotiate round trip rates with the driver then.

Don't forget to tip! If you're one of those anti-tipping people, don't go on a cruise.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
jyod21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever Been on a Cruise? Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
buno67 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Carnival. They seem to be the cheapest and I haven't really seen many negative reviews. We'd depart from Baltimore Port on the Carnival Pride.

I did this exact same cruise back in August. We were ported one day at like Cocoa Beach, Florida, too, I think. It was a really good time. There were about 10 of us, I think. The only times you can really feel the boat move are when you are standing on your deck off of your room, or at the comedy club, which is in the very front of the ship, on the first deck. You'll occasionally feel it when you're laying in bed, but that could just be an exaggeration from the alcohol, for all I know. Drinking can get really expensive on the actual boat. They had a special that a friend and I got, that was something like $50 for all inclusive drinks (it was really like a 15 drink a day maximum). The deal was really cool on the surface, but I'm not sure we got our full money's worth out of it. You're off the boat for 3 days, basically, and after a few days of drinking and celebrating like that, some days you just really don't feel like getting back after it, lol. Your best bet for drinking is to find a specific, sociable, bar tender at one of the pool side bars, tip him/her on your drinks while you get to know them, and get them laughing, and then they will take care of you the rest of the trip.
jyod21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Believe me, I've seen many creative ways people sneak alcohol on a ship(family and friends and from online videos). Whether it be the rum rummers, doing the mouthwash thing, emptying out a wine bottle and filling it back up with your choice of alcohol, etc. I'm not cheap by any means but paying upwards of $10 a drink is ridiculous. Carnival has a drinking card but it's like $55 a day which for 7 days and 2 people is close to $800. I mean we're already paying over $1000 for the cruise itself. The rule for carnival is that you're aloud to bring one 75oz bottle of wine per customer. We're not wine drinkers at all Laughing Just have to be very sneaky.

Yeah, sneaking stuff on is tough. People with us did the wine bottles and some of them had refilled shampoo bottles with liquor. People in front of us had taken water bottles and refilled them with vodka and then sealed the packing back up. They got busted going through the customs.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
For off ship excursions, you might find a better deal looking directly online for things to do on the island you're going to rather than booking with the ship. If all you want to do is hangout at a beach, there should be plenty of taxis at the cruise terminal and you'll be able to negotiate round trip rates with the driver then.

Don't forget to tip! If you're one of those anti-tipping people, don't go on a cruise.

For the excursions, there is a package I saw on Carnivals website for like $240 a person. You swim with dolphins and then are able to go to the Atlantis Resort waterpark called Aquaventure. That's in Nassau. As far as Freeport, Bahamas, we'll probably just chill on the ship considering we'll only be there from 7am to 1:30pm.

The itinerary is....

Day 1 - Depart from Baltimore at 5pm
Day 2 - Fun Day at Sea
Day 3 - Fun Day at Sea
Day 4 - Port Canaveral, FL - Arrive a 7am and depart at 6pm
Day 5 - Nassau, Bahamas - Arrive at 11am and depart at 8pm
Day 6 - Freeport, Bahamas - Arrive at 7am and depart at 1:30pm
Day 7 - Fun Day at Sea
Day 8 - Arrive at Baltimore at 10am

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jyod21 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Yeah, sneaking stuff on is tough. People with us did the wine bottles and some of them had refilled shampoo bottles with liquor. People in front of us had taken water bottles and refilled them with vodka and then sealed the packing back up. They got busted going through the customs.

Yea but they still were able to go on the cruise right? I can't imagine the cruise not allowing them to go on the cruise. I've seen people just put it in their checked bags(however they sneak it) close to toiletries and if it does get caught on the scanner, they'll just open your bag and take it out. They might leave a note saying they took it but that's it.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: