You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Realistic picks @ 19
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanDiego Pride

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Realistic picks @ 19 Reply with quote

There are only a select few guys who will be available and fill a need for the Chargers. In no particular order:
Winston Justice, OT,; Second best tackle in the draft, there is OT depth in this class so no one else is worth a first round pick because of other team needs. Michael Huff, S,; Wishful thinking. Ko Simpson, S; Ballhawk, worth the 19th with so much upside. Darnell Bing, S; Both safety spots can be upgraded by Bing or Simpson. Santonio Holmes, WR; Only WR IMO worth taking first round, our WR's are decent, but they lack breakaway speed to stetch the field, something that could benefit our offense in many ways. One of these guys will be availiable to us at 19 and I would not be complaining with any. Questions, comments?
theone8082

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on who picks up Jimmy Williams, Ko Simpson has an outside chance on falling to the chargers.. what i mean is that, if Jimmy Williams is picked up by San Fran. @ #7, Micheal Huff and Ko Simpson will probably be gone by the time Atlanta picks.. If Jimmy is passed until Baltimore picks, Simpson has a chance to fall to the chargers.. I also think that if Kiwanuka someone falls to Atlanta, that Atlanta would pass on Simpson, and take Kiwanuka.. i hope u got that.. Micheal Huff will almost definitly be gone by the time we pick.. i've seem him high as #7 to the 49er's, but more commonly to the Rams at #11.. Atlanta would pick him up for sure.. Darnell Bing will most likely be there @ 19.. Same with Holmes, unless Detroit goes nuts, or Philadelphia tries to make up for T.O.. The biggest mystery is if Winston Justice will be there.. I've seen him go @ #9, and as low as 2nd round.. probably depends on his combine numbers.. hope that helped
SanDiego Pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good insight, if all were available, which one would the chargers take?
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good question. My guess is Bing or Simpson, whoever they have rated higher. S is a major need.

I'm interested in those safeties as well as Winston Justice, Eric Winston, and Jonathan Scott. Maybe even Jeremy Trueblood from Boston College in the second.

Another player I like a lot is Kai Parham at LB.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive heard the Chargers want to improve OL. I think that would be through free agency.
theone8082

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be between Winston Justice or Ko Simpson.. depending on what they address in FA, it would between them
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody think Bing could possibly rate higher than Simpson? I like both but for whatever reason I prefer Bing.
PowderBlueBlood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: WHAT ABOUT...?????? Reply with quote

Marcus McNeil? Is #19 too early? The guy is a Giant. 6'9'' 340!!??? thats like trying to penetrate through a wall, he has Left Tackle potential for sure, what do people say about him?
PowderBlueBlood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="PadsChargers"]Anybody think Bing could possibly rate higher than Simpson? I like both but for whatever reason I prefer Bing.[/quote]

You have to love USC Safeties...Polamalu anyone?
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the depth of OT in this draft, unless Huff, Bing, Jimmy Williams, and Simpson are all gone you have to take a Safety.

Pray I wouldn't mind Scott if he fell to us though. Shhh
SDChargers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Mcneil is too big Brees will never get a pass over hsi head. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure about McNeill's back problems, they would worry me if I were a team thinking about investing a 1st round pick in him
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ko Simpson or Darnell Bing, one of the two should fall. I really think McNeal and Justice will be gone by the Chargers are on the clock. Dallas is sitting right in front of us and they need a tackle. What about Eric Winston. Daryn COlledge or Andrew Whitworth could possibly shoot up the boards during the combine as well. Eric Winston is suppposed to be top 10 talent if not for injuries. There are four good tackles available (Ferguson, Winston, Justice, Scott) Im pretty confident one of those guys will fall.
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Eric Winston
theone8082

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PadsChargers wrote:
I like Eric Winston

Its interesting because in some mocks, he went in the second round, but before the start of the year, he was suppose to go in the top 10

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: