Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Movie News/Buzz Thread III
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Movie News/Buzz Thread III Reply with quote

Police Academy reboot in the works with Key and Peele producing

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/police-academy-reboot-picking-up-steam-with-key-and-peele-1201153046/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard Donner says Goonies 2 is happening

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Goonies-2-Still-Happening-Says-Richard-Donner-42408.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karl Urban and producers still trying to make a Dredd sequel

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/karl-urban-filmmakers-working-very-very-hard-to-make-dredd-2-a-reality-1201153165/

#JDI
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't care less about Police Academy.

I would definitely see a Goonies 2.

I've been hoping for a sequel to Dredd ever since I saw the first one in the theater. Such a hugely underrated action movie that was the best 80's action movie since the 80's. Nothing bothers me more than when I hear Dredd was a copy or plagiarism of The Raid. Dredd was written in 2008. The Raid didn't start production until the end of 2010.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie News/Buzz Thread III Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/karl-urban-filmmakers-working-very-very-hard-to-make-dredd-2-a-reality-1201153165/
Pray

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie News/Buzz Thread III Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Pray

+1. It looks like Fox is gonna renew Almost Human too. Urban is a BA.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie News/Buzz Thread III Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Pray

I dont see anyway that it doesnt get made. 15 mil domestic and 35 mil total isnt great at all on a 50 mil budget, but the movie was marketed badly. It had no star attached to it to bring in people, and the 90s version probably still left a bad taste in mouths of some of the older crowd. It absolutely flew off the shelves once it went to DVD, so there is a fanbase. Scale the budget back to around 40 million, dont put it in the wasteland that is September, and I bet it will make its budget in the US alone. Im actually surprised they havent tried to use kickstarter yet. If Zach Braff and the creators of Veronica Mars can get money from there, then Dredd should be able to get a good chunk of change.

#JDI
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Craig is going to be in a movie called 'The Girl Who Plays With Fire'. I liked the title until I thought about ' The girl with the dragon tattoo'.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Daniel Craig is going to be in a movie called 'The Girl Who Plays With Fire'. I liked the title until I thought about ' The girl with the dragon tattoo'.

The Girl Who Played with Fire is the second book in the Dragon Tattoo series. It hasnt been green lit yet. It might be a few years before its ever made, if its ever made, and Daniel Craig might not even be back. There hasnt been any news of the movie in over a year.

#JDI
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

The Girl Who Played with Fire is the second book in the Dragon Tattoo series. It hasnt been green lit yet. It might be a few years before its ever made, if its ever made, and Daniel Craig might not even be back. There hasnt been any news of the movie in over a year.

Yeah, I should have said it differently. I thought the title was new, then I realized it was connected to that film. They have his name attached on IMDB, so I wasn't sure if it was announced yet or not. But if it's going to be years before filming, I would cast someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiwetel Ejiofor might play as a villain in the up coming James Bond movie.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/the-next-james-bond-movie-villain-just-might-be-played-by-chiwetel-ejiofor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Yeah, I should have said it differently. I thought the title was new, then I realized it was connected to that film. They have his name attached on IMDB, so I wasn't sure if it was announced yet or not. But if it's going to be years before filming, I would cast someone else.

Craig's price went through the roof after the last Bond, and the studio does not want to pay him. They want the cost of the film to be down from the 90 million of the first one. The script is written, and it cost the studio over 6 figures for the script. If they ever make the movie, then Craig will be back. They need his star power, especially now, after the last Bond.

#JDI
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Craig's price went through the roof after the last Bond, and the studio does not want to pay him. They want the cost of the film to be down from the 90 million of the first one. The script is written, and it cost the studio over 6 figures for the script. If they ever make the movie, then Craig will be back. They need his star power, especially now, after the last Bond.

I figured that was going to be the problem. I think it will really depend on if they can find someone else with star power that fit and cost less. If they can't , then they'll likely give Craig a blank check to sign what he want and make cuts on other roles.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I figured that was going to be the problem. I think it will really depend on if they can find someone else with star power that fit and cost less. If they can't , then they'll likely give Craig a blank check to sign what he want and make cuts on other roles.

The last update last January said that they were willing to cut Craig out of the movie since his character has a smaller role, but that would cost money for rewrites, and they've already paid a good bit for the script.

#JDI
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

The last update last January said that they were willing to cut Craig out of the movie since his character has a smaller role, but that would cost money for rewrites, and they've already paid a good bit for the script.

Cost to rewrite script > cost to keep craig
bkobow05

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie News/Buzz Thread III Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Pray
This. Urban was such a BA in that movie.

#JDI
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/captain-america-3-set-for-may-6-2016-1201153550/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: