Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pryce's deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncofan48

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Pryce's deal Reply with quote

What do you think should be done with Trevor. He had a decent season, but is a huge cap hit next season and god knows we are way over the cap limit.
DenVerGuY66

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seriously think we should get rid of him he really didnt get alot done in the regular season plus he is getting old. I think with the pick up of Ekuban he should have been beaten out for that DE spot but who know we prob will pick up a DE anyway in April

_BlueQuickSilver on the sig
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Jesus walks on water, Chuck Norris walks on jesus, and Tim Tebow walks on chuck norris. Laughing
broncofan48

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I was thinking.
Shanahan wants Warren back, we're supposedly looking to draft a DE so, with his overpr(y)ced contract, I think we should try to renegotiate or let him go.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha liked the pr(y)ced thing but yea i think we definatly could trade him fora few more picks or a DE

_BlueQuickSilver on the sig
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Jesus walks on water, Chuck Norris walks on jesus, and Tim Tebow walks on chuck norris. Laughing
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys don't understand. A lot of the success of the line is due to Trevor Pryce, but they moved him around too much on the line this year. It's good to have versatility, but meh. Trevor shouldn't be playing rush end in first place, but I think management thought it'd be a lot better than being under tackle in our scheme where he'd take a huge beating, and more than likely would have re-aggrevated his injury. I think he's better playing defensive tackle, but the injury wouldn't allow for him to do that on a consistent basis.

Yes, he will be asked to restructure, and if he doesn't, he's as good as gone. We've tried trading him two years in a row, (started two years ago asking a second, last off-season a third) and I doubt we'll be able to this year either. He'll be 30 by the time this next season starts. At best, we'd get a fourth rounder for him, but there are few teams interested in him with the salary he has now. It's either he stays and re-structures, or he's cut and gone for good.

Ever since he was given that contract extension/bonus, he hasn't played the same.

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: