Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Boardwalk Empire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:

I find Gyp Rosetti to be overly cartoonish. Maybe it's Bobby Caanavale playing him but I'm not as impressed as many of you seem to be. It's good to see a new "villain" but he's too campy.

I kind of see what you mean. They try really hard to make him seem like this out of control rage-a-holic, at times it seems like an unrealistic cartoon character. But I can't help but love how literally in every single scene he is in, there is a moment where someone makes a comment that you can tell ticks him off like in the opening scene, and you can't help but anxiously await his response.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
jagman777

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Gyp being too cartoonish. It's not a huge problem, but it bugs me a little.

Not sure if I liked that Richard revealed himself to Nucky and coming to an understanding already. I was kind of hoping he would start picking Nucky's associates off one by one right under his nose as a masked avenger.. Laughing
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
I agree about Gyp being too cartoonish. It's not a huge problem, but it bugs me a little.

Not sure if I liked that Richard revealed himself to Nucky and coming to an understanding already. I was kind of hoping he would start picking Nucky's associates off one by one right under his nose as a masked avenger.. Laughing

Well like he said, Jimmy was a soldier. He cared WAY more about Angela. She was killed for no reason, and it was clear Richard had feelings for her.

As for Gyp, I'm liking what they are setting up. I think Rosetti is going to turn Eli against Nucky again.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
jagman777

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret Masked Avenger Richard was mostly just hope on my part, I wasn't actually expecting it to play out that way. Laughing

I do understand his position.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too was hoping Richard would go off and take out a bunch of Nucky's crew in the process. It would have added an extra element of excitement to the season, not knowing when he would strike..or who would be next.

Gyp Rosetti seems like a character they are trying too hard on. I feel like they are trying to create this unpredictable villain consumed by anger to compensate for the loss of such a well-rounded and likeable character in the Season 2 finale. He can be exciting and entertaining at times, but a lot of stuff with him seems a bit forced. I do like what they're building with him though.

I wish they'd spend more time with Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, and Meyer Lansky too. Such great characters, and real ones too. They need to develop more storylines around them or tie them to Atlantic City more. I just don't like how much time is devoted to boring stuff like Margaret's feminist battle at the hospital. Sure, put it in there, but don't make it a major storyline over the course of the first 3 episodes of the season. If they spent more time on those 3, and more time in Chicago/New York in general...the show would be a ton better. I'm hoping they devote more time to that later this season and in future seasons. As great as Buscemi plays Nucky, I often can't take him seriously as a guy who is universally feared with all this power. I feel like someone like Owen could easily take over the city and push Nucky out. Maybe just cuz I think he's a "breadstick in a bowtie". I must admit that Buscemi does do a phenomenal job in the role. Oh yea, I'd love to see more of Chalky White too. Now THAT'S a character.

Just watched Episode 4 preview. Looks like it should be the most action-packed episode of the season. Looking forward to it.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for some sort of super team of fan favorite/bad muthas.

Harrow
Dunn Pursley
Chalky White
Owen
Maybe new Eli
Lanksy
Capone
Lucky

Then, they get leather jackets that have a cool insignia on the back and take over the entire East coast..... that happened in real life, right?

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
tinoynk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought tonight's episode was pretty awesome, just kept getting better. I thought that kid might have had a future, but had a nagging suspicion that he'd get offed. I guess this is us seeing that Nucky's definitely not a half-gangster anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome episode for Capone.

Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:

Oh for sure, probably his best one yet.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent episode.

Thought the kid would live, but oh well.

Capone was just BA in the bar.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
thrILL!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
Mossburg wrote:

Oh for sure, probably his best one yet.

That scene where he was trying to toughen his son up only to make him cry was one of the best in the entire series IMO. As a recent first time father, it really hit home emotionally. The look on Al's face was so powerful and I was glad to see how he handled it as opposed to storming off again.

I'm also looking fwd to where Eli's storyline is headed and I'm curious to the content of his conversation with Nucky at the end. Mickey is such dead weight. Each episode I hope he gets offed but I have a feeling his character is going to be around for a long time to antagonize everyone including viewers.

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 62 rec. 908 yds, 7 TDs
Mossburg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone familiar with Al Capone's actual history?

Because the way the character is written on this show, it doesn't lead me to believe that this is a guy who will run a massive criminal empire. He's a hothead who lets his emotions get in the way of business and decision making. That doesn't seem like a guy who will have massive success in this line of work, just a small time guy who rules with terror but cannot get above the streets. Luciano is written far more believable to be an epic crime boss.

So was this really how Capone was?

JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the episode and man was it awesome. Glad to see my wish came true of more time spent with Capone, Lansky, and Lucky. Mostly with Capone but it definitely seems like they are building a good storyline for Lucky & Lansky for this season and beyond, which is a must for this show to fulfill its potential.

Nucky surprised the hell outta me with the kid. Didn't see that coming. Shows how wrong my perception of Nucky has been. They are doing a good job making him more of a force to be reckoned with IMO. I think that scene when he offs the kid when the car pulled up changed my perception of him more than anything in the show ever has. That was some gangster sheet. So much for Owen seeming like he could push Nucky out, cuz it sure seemed like Nucky scared the pants off him with that.

And again, Mickey gives me more reason to hate his guts with each passing episode. Man, he sucks.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
malak1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Anyone familiar with Al Capone's actual history?

Because the way the character is written on this show, it doesn't lead me to believe that this is a guy who will run a massive criminal empire. He's a hothead who lets his emotions get in the way of business and decision making. That doesn't seem like a guy who will have massive success in this line of work, just a small time guy who rules with terror but cannot get above the streets. Luciano is written far more believable to be an epic crime boss.

So was this really how Capone was?

Scarface, by most accounts was a hothead, as opposed to Lucky who was a tactician. I love the chemistry Lucky and Lansky have together. There are still so many story lines this show has to deal with though. Van Alden and Chalky for example.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much win in this episode. This season is off to a great start in full stride.

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 62 rec. 908 yds, 7 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 17 of 30

Jump to: