Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire...trailor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire...trailor Reply with quote

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz0jm2_the-hunger-games-catching-fire-teaser-trailer_shortfilms#.UWygE7V4Lvo

I dont know how I feel about this...I just finished reading the book last night

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean we are getting the Quarter Quell in this installment like it was in the book or are they just going to tease it and save it for the next move (would be such a studio move...)?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
So does this mean we are getting the Quarter Quell in this installment like it was in the book or are they just going to tease it and save it for the next move (would be such a studio move...)?

I think they don't want to spoil the Quarter Quell in the trailer for the people who dont read the books. This trailer seems to be setting up the idea of what is the government going to do with Katniss and we would have to watch the movie to find out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

They can't make a movie of only pre-Quarter Quell stuff. Not enough action.

My guess is this stays true to the 2nd book (in so far as the time period covered), and Mockingjay is split into 2 movies likely with the split point being when they first go off in their small group in the capital.

#JDI
asgardian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the first trailer. I'd be surprised if they didn't have the quell in any way because I know for a fact they filmed it but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be in it I guess. My bet is that it would be. I, on the other hand, am absolutely pumped for the new movie and this director discovered steady-cam unlike Gary Ross.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

They can't make a movie of only pre-Quarter Quell stuff. Not enough action.

My guess is this stays true to the 2nd book (in so far as the time period covered), and Mockingjay is split into 2 movies likely with the split point being when they first go off in their small group in the capital.

This is all assuming they stick strictly to the canon lit, which the first film showed isn't exactly their forte. Granted, they did more in leaving out things from the first book from the first film than deciding to ad lib, but I've come to not be shocked in the slightest if Big Hollywood decides to go completely off-canon as a means of making either more films or doing what they perceive will make the film more marketable.

We'll see though. As was the case with the trailers for the first film, Legendary Pictures as a distributorship has a tendency to play slice-and-dice with bits and pieces of a lot of scenes, not necessarily in the particular order they are in the film, and ultimately end up showing very little of the actual continuity. They did so with Sucker Punch, Inception, The Town, and (obviously different type of canon lit) with Where the Wild Things Are, as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the first one worth watching?

PM sig requests.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Is the first one worth watching?

It's ok, just keep your expectations low and it can be enjoyable.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
pollino14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gotta be split into two.

It's been awhile but I don't remember them trying to destroy her image. I think they deviate away from the book and have two movies out of it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
It's gotta be split into two.

It's been awhile but I don't remember them trying to destroy her image. I think they deviate away from the book and have two movies out of it.

from the trailor it seemed like they were going away from the book pretty good

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Snow's line at the end is meant to make the trailer-viewers wonder what he means so they'll go see the movie; I don't think it's the cliffhanger you'll get at the end of the movie.

The Quarter Quell has to be in the movie. I don't think they can make a whole movie out of what happens from when Katniss and Peeta get home until the Quarter Quell.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI

Last edited by playmaker8267 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
I think Snow's line at the end is meant to make the trailer-viewers wonder what he means so they'll do see the movie; I don't think it's the cliffhanger you'll get at the end of the movie.

The Quarter Quell has to be in the movie. I don't think they can make a whole movie out of what happens from when Katniss and Peeta get home until the Quarter Quell.

yeah there isnt enough action...yeah they get the whipping and get going hunting, and making there rounds around the other districts but thats it.

im never one for long movies but this one needs to be like 2.5hours long

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
I think Snow's line at the end is meant to make the trailer-viewers wonder what he means so they'll do see the movie; I don't think it's the cliffhanger you'll get at the end of the movie.

That's what I thought too. Posts here made me think I watched a different trailer or something.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
dotmotion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

That's what I thought too. Posts here made me think I watched a different trailer or something.

I know. People are overreacting because of one trailer. I am pretty sure if they are splitting the second book into parts we would know by now. That would be pretty huge news. As of right now, I am sure only the third movie is split... This seems like a trailer tailored towards people who have not read the book and will want to watch the movie to find out what Snow has up his sleeve. This is not determining what will happen in the movie. Trailers aren't supposed to give you clips of the whole movie, it is supposed to give people a reason to watch and this trailer "cliff hanger" I think does a good job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trailer is fire!

Get it?

Adopt-A-Duck
Byron Marshall: 168 carries, 1038 yds, 14TDs, 13 rec, 155 yds
Thomas Tyner: 115 carries, 711 yds, 9TDs, 14 rec, 124 yds
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: 84 tackles, 9 PD, 3 INT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: