Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Box Office Discussion: GOTG =aka SAVIOURS OF THE BOX OFFICE?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Box Office Discussion: GOTG =aka SAVIOURS OF THE BOX OFFICE? Reply with quote

Am I the only one who follows it daily? Some good lresources are box office mojo, box office theory, ray subers twitter, the numbers.com

Lego movie is currently lighting up while the runs of the Oscar nominees are winding down. Some how, people are actually still seeing RIDE ALONG and it's doing very well with well over 100 million already. Catching Fire leggint it out and toppling Iron Man 3 was a major win for quality film lovers everywhere. Meanwhile, what ha sbecome the story of 2013, FROZEN continue to light it up with Avatar type legs - as of last week, it was still in the top 5 despite opening at THANKSGIVING! It's closing in 1 billion world wide and has held very well against Lego. It has an outside shot at 400 million domestic. Kevin Hart is also the hottest star in hollywood ATM.

This weekend, Pompeii - which looks like a 1990s made for tv life time film - opens this week and should flop with 25 million or less while Lego continues to dominate.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear

Last edited by NextBigThing on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 6 times in total
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are people who still think Ride Along is worth the money to see it? Thought they woulda heard its garbage by now

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The urban community is a force of nature at the box office. I thought it would do pretty well, but nowhere near what its doing.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check box office numbers daily. I just hate how people talk about movies breaking records but dont aaccount for inflation.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Doyle Rules wrote:
I check box office numbers daily. I just hate how people talk about movies breaking records but dont aaccount for inflation.

Inflation means nothing without context, either. Three Men & A baby released today would make about half of what it made unadjusted 25 years ago, for example.

Market share is usually the best indicator of success. The modern era of blockbusters really started in the late 80s with 1989's Batman beginning the mega marketing push with films like Jurassic Park and Independence Day patenting them in the 1990s.
mission27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Box Office Discussion Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
This weekend, Pompeii - which looks like a 1990s made for tv life time film - opens this week and should flop with 25 million or less while Lego continues to dominate.

brb shorting Sony...

#JDI
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Box Office Discussion Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

brb shorting Sony...

lol it was clearly made cheaply, I am sure it will make a profit. A film has to really tank to lose a studio money once everything is factored in.
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Box Office Discussion Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

brb shorting Sony...

I agree with him, Pompeii will flop.
mission27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Box Office Discussion Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
mission27 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

brb shorting Sony...

lol it was clearly made cheaply, I am sure it will make a profit. A film has to really tank to lose a studio money once everything is factored in.

It had a $100 million budget. That could hurt. Laughing

#JDI
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Box Office Discussion Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
mission27 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

brb shorting Sony...

This film will do very well overseas. 50 to 60 in the US, but 200m+ likely overseas. Profiting from theatrical release alone is a very good sign. Even though its a flop in the USA, overseas will save it.
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Box Office Discussion Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
mission27 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
mission27 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

brb shorting Sony...

This film will do very well overseas. 50 to 60 in the US, but 200m+ likely overseas. Profiting from theatrical release alone is a very good sign. Even though its a flop in the USA, overseas will save it.

I dont see it doing 200m+ overseas
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Box Office Discussion Reply with quote

O'Doyle Rules wrote:
I dont see it doing 200m+ overseas

CGI filled disaster flicks always kill it. 200m might be optimistic, but i see it doing very well in asia.
Apodrocks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People care too much about movie money. Who cares?

^Packerbacker87 on the sig, thanks!
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apodrocks wrote:
I care because it interests me.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apodrocks wrote:

I care very much about money & I am very interested in movies, so the interest is natural. I view the art of making money from the business side as almost a sport. Some folks here would love to make films, I would love to work for the studio itself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 1 of 47

Jump to: