You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.O. possibly headed for Denver

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: T.O. possibly headed for Denver Reply with quote

Terrell Owens met with the Broncos today and ESPN said there is some "mutual interest" between him and the team. They are said to be interested in a trade with the Eagles.

I'm not hitting the panic button for the Chargers or anything, but it would be a major addition for the Broncos.

You think this could have any implications on the AFC West race for next year?
PowderBlueBlood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't we all get our panties bunched up this time last year when Randy Moss was moving to Oakland? How'd that work out. Some has to get him the ball and like Collins, Plummer only delivers to the opposition, which in turn will allow TO do what he does best...[inappropriate/removed] & moan.I hope T.O. goes to Denver so his cancer can kill any and all unity that may ever exist in that clubhouse. T.O. is a chump.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of TO coming to San diego, anyone want him?
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance and we don't want him
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not coming here, I don't think Denver is going to be as good next year as they were this yea with or without TO.
Lowe_51

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love to see that clown go to denver and set their franchise in reverse for a few years. people are saying how shanahan is a strong-willed coach and can keep owens in line, but in my book they don't get any more strong-willed than andy reid, and you see how long that lasted. i would think the quarterback downgrade from mcnabb to plummer would only make the inevitable blow-up happen even quicker.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Denver is the type of organization that could turn TO into a somewhat kind of team player.
PowderBlueBlood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="vikingsrule"]I actually think Denver is the type of organization that could turn TO into a somewhat kind of team player.[/quote]

And do you have anything to found that statement on or its just a gut feeling? Why would that happen when the first two orginizations couldn't help him? Just wondering
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That s true TO is a team destroyer Laughing I think Mike Shanahan is the type of coach that could possibly be somewhat of an influence for him, but I highly doubt TO could be influenced to be a good teamate. Mike has a lot of character and displine and the Denver teams always play with those attributes
golf333333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were a Chargers fan I would be ecstatic for that trade, you know he produces wins for a while but then he basically screw the team over, look at the Eagles, get to the Super Bowl, he cries, then they aren't even close to the playoffs the next year so someone in the NFC North, not the Vikings, please sign him
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As was said on NFL Live tonight, only TO can control TO. No team is going to be able to change him, he has to do it himself.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I'd love to see him go to Denver and turn on Plummer, from what I understand the Broncos won't be competive in the FA market this year due to them having Cap Problems. Likely they'll still make some offers after massaging the cap room on the brownies they brought in, but I can't see them showing TO the big money that you know that he is going to demand.

As to the question of wanting him in SD, we're just fine with our parking lot attendants we have now, thank you. I wouldn't want a player like this ont he team, hence why Wiley is no longer on the roster, or Fonoti. The chargers are trying to find high character type people. I call it the Seau legacy, SD wants a team of Seau minded athletes, Work hard, serve the community and always stay competive.

On that note I hope he signs a one day deal and retires a Bolt, that'd be classy for the organization to extend him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: