You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leonard Davis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zphogan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Leonard Davis Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Leonard Davis? I keep hearing Denny Green wants to get rid of him. Obviously, he hasn't panned out as left tackle, but he would kill people inside at OG. Think we could get him for a 3rd or 4th round choice? And if so, would we want to?

Hypothetical lineup:

LT- Oben
LG- Davis (acquired from Arizona)
C- Hardwick
RG- Goff
RT- Justice, McNeil, or Scott
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Davis in a heart beat, I think most teams around the league would be interested in Davis. In the Vikes forum Davis has been mentioned a few times as well. San Diego would def. have a monster Oline, I dont think Davis would be a good tackle but would make a superb Gaurd, and a tackle can be drafted in the early stages of the draft. Im liking it all ready.
theone8082

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no complaints from me. We gotta do all we can to help the line
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green may be frustrated in him but I don't see the Cardinals trading him because their alternatives are awful. If I were them I would hang on to him.

If he is traded, my guess is the asking price would be a first day draft pick probably second round, maybe third. He is a monster and he would help but I'm not sure Guard is where we need help. Dielman was great this year and Goff was decent. Tackle is our biggest need on the O-line.
PowderBlueBlood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did Olivea go?? Is the orginization down on him? Or is that projection only with this probable trade? He's young and I thought did a bang up job for for his value.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a late round pick Olivea has exceeded expectations and is a solid starter. I dont think there is anything wrong with trying to make an improvement over him if other major needs are fixed. Olivea would be one heck of a gaurd though IMO, got the size and quickness obviously from playing tackle.
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think our starting lineman are fine for right now and I think Olivea could be a good starting RT for a long time. What we need is a young stud to step in at left tackle in a year and be the backup at both the tackle spots this coming season. Olivea would make a good guard but I think he's a good RT. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Davis could be a good RT. He is big so he can at least be a road block over there, and you don't have to draft someone for it.

~ Lork
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already don't have to draft someone for RT. We got Olivea who is young and solid. We need someone to be able to play LT in the '07 season and back up Oben and Olivea this year, a swingman if you will.
zphogan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivea is slightly better than Leander Jordan. For a 7th round pick he has done great, but I see him as a nice backup for good depth. Bottom line, we need new blood at right tackle whether it be through draft or free agency. I think Oben has some tread left on his tires, so we could draft a young tackle and play him on the right side immediately, than switch him to the left when Oben is done being productive.

I see new starters this year at RT, LG, and at least one safety position (maybe both).

Also, it looks like Caldwell is going be let go so we will add a 5th WR to join McCardell, Parker, Jackson and Osgood. Preferably this would be someone who can return punts as well.
justwinbaby

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard Davis is good...But why did you guys get rid of Finoti for a late round pick?...
SDChargers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As guard I wouldn't mind him,. People Dielman isn't that great.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fonoti was tipping the scales at 400+. He wasn't helping us and he sure didn't do squat for Minnesota.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing He played like 2 drives for us, I dont see him being resigned, cant stay away from the Twinkies and wont cut weight.
zphogan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing about Davis would be that his cap number would probably be very high. He is being paid Left Tackle money, so he would be a very expensive OG.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: