Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

COWBOYS AND BLEDSOE AGREE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JULIUS21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bledsoe is a great move...

we will ruin henson by rushing him into the spot light....

this is DALLAS not arizona or minni...or any other garbage market.....

Bill is letting henson get comfortable and learn from 2 great veteran QB's...

if we care about the future.. we will wait
James Trucks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bledsoe will give us a better chance to win NOW, which is what Parcells is trying to do. Anyone who thinks Bledsoe is worse than Vinny, well I'll refrain from namecalling, but he led the Bills to w/in a game of the playoffs last year in the AFC, which is a helluva lot better than the NFC right now. So let me see, you upgrade in QB, have a RB for a whole season, hopefully, and get 2 #1 picks. The name of the game is winning, not hoping for a miracle. We still have Henson for 3 more yrs, and I'll take 10-6 over 6-10 any day of the week.
Soup Nazi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Trucks wrote:
Bledsoe will give us a better chance to win NOW, which is what Parcells is trying to do. Anyone who thinks Bledsoe is worse than Vinny, well I'll refrain from namecalling, but he led the Bills to w/in a game of the playoffs last year in the AFC, which is a helluva lot better than the NFC right now. So let me see, you upgrade in QB, have a RB for a whole season, hopefully, and get 2 #1 picks. The name of the game is winning, not hoping for a miracle. We still have Henson for 3 more yrs, and I'll take 10-6 over 6-10 any day of the week.
do we have eric moulds, do we have lee evans,do we have a top 5 defense, i dont think so.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude how do i put a drawing in my post
woodson28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most telling thing is that 95% of us feel this is a big mistake. Bledsoe is a worn down shell of what he used to be, and if anybody can look at Bledsoe's stats from last year and tell me in what way they were much better then Testaverde's, I'll volunteer to be a moderator on the Cardinals team page. As far as the rationale that 10-6 is better then 6-10, like it said in another post, this is Dallas, not Arizona or Seattle. I'd much rather go 6-10 or 7-9 again and see what we have in Henson as opposed to winning a game or two more and setting our franchise back at the most important position. Not only that, but because Bldesoe is as mobile as a tree, right tackle has no shot up the charts to free agent need # 1. I'm as upset right now as I was in 2000 when we drafted QC to be our starter.
TheDoorKnob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i am a noob but i was wanting how to get movies on a thred
ObeyYourMaster3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess all we can do now is hope for the best....
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want stats how about these
vinny 4th quarter he had 4 td's and 9 interceptions compared to Bledsoe's 6 td's and 5 Int's. Ok in the second half Vinny had 8 TD's and 16 Int's Bledsoe had 10 td's and 7 Int's. when the teams are tied Vinny had 2 td's and 3 int's. bledsoe had 6 td's and 2 int's. On 3rd down vinny had 7td's and 8 int's bledsoe had 8 td's and 5 int's. these are some telling stats dude he plays better in the second half in the 4th quarter, when they are tied and on 3rd down. Need any more stats
RoyDrilliams

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good move. In Buffalo, he got sacked every other time he dropped back. With an offensive line that can protect their QB, Bledsoe can be succesful. The guy can win football games.... he led the Bills to a playoff run last year. Keyshawn and Terry give Drew two experienced wideouts. We will also probably add another WR via FA or the draft. Jason Witten also gives Bledsoe one of the best TE's to throw to. The defense will look different next season and it will be improved. With a defense that can play and the weapons that Bledsoe will have on offense, i think the boys can be back to our '03 form.

Its a good move but it's holding Henson back. What was the point of giving up a 3rd round pick for a backup QB that Bill has no faith in? It was a move for the future i guess. If Bledsoe struggles this year, dont expect Henson to sit on the bench like he did when Testaverde struggled.

im kind of 50/50 on it
RoyDrilliams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
You want stats how about these
vinny 4th quarter he had 4 td's and 9 interceptions compared to Bledsoe's 6 td's and 5 Int's. Ok in the second half Vinny had 8 TD's and 16 Int's Bledsoe had 10 td's and 7 Int's. when the teams are tied Vinny had 2 td's and 3 int's. bledsoe had 6 td's and 2 int's. On 3rd down vinny had 7td's and 8 int's bledsoe had 8 td's and 5 int's. these are some telling stats dude he plays better in the second half in the 4th quarter, when they are tied and on 3rd down. Need any more stats

very intriguing (sp) stats comparing vinny to drew. but vinny played sh!tty in every situation the whole season so it kind of doesn't hit the spot id want it to. But i like the fact we have a veteran that we know can lead the team. he will have an OL, some WR's, a TE, and a defense so i think this can be good.
arsenalboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 4:00 in the mourning over here and my brother just phoned me about this. 2 questions

1. is this an uprgrade over vinny?
2. when will we ever get to see drew henson play?
woodson28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, nice. Granted, Bledsoe was playing with a superior offensive line, better receivers, a better running back, and a better defense but impressive specific stats regardless. Now here are some others for you:
Completion Percentage:
Bledsoe 56. 9%
Testaverde 60%
Passing Yards:
Bledsoe 2,932
Testaverde 3.532
Wait, the Cowboys were down so Vinny had to throw more often?
Yards Per Attempt:
Bledsoe: 6.52
Testaverde: 7.14

Trust me, I would like nothing better to be wrong, but there is a reason why Buffalo is handing over the offense to a guy who's never started a game. Bledsoe's just not good. And by no means is the purpose of this post to extoll the virtues of Testaverde, just making the point that this is not an upgrade.
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dually noted
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure that he cant be signed untill march 2nd. Offically at least
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Okay, nice. Granted, Bledsoe was playing with a superior offensive line, better receivers, a better running back, and a better defense but impressive specific stats regardless. Now

Better Running Back?------you don't think Willis Magahee is better than JJ do ya?

Am i reading this wrong?

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: