Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The new and improved Aaron Rodgers appreciation thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrAnderson2008 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000059772/article/aaron-rodgers-headscratching-bet-with-boyz-ii-men

I love how confident and fun-loving A-Rod is...got to have some fun sometimes.

Also...love this quote:

NFL.com wrote:
It's unclear if Mike McCarthy displays tangible human emotion, but Rodgers wearing red and gold in a team meeting won't sit well.

I love this one...

NFL.com wrote:
This obviously becomes the most compelling storyline of Week 1
Laughing

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
justo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't get sacked first place today and throw a pick six faster than you can say "put in Tebow". That is all, thanks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers getting teh praise

"He's one of the greatest of all time" - Steve Young

"Rodgers is the most complete quarterback of all time" - Trent Dilfer

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
MaryTsraining3s

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I state this in the GDT on Monday, but in the midst of all the rapid replies it was probably a little long to be acknowledged, that or it was completely absurd and nobody thought it was even worth responding too. Either way I will post it here again because I am really looking for a few others thoughts on our offense struggling a tad this year and my thoughts on Rodgers issue, so please respond. Now I am as big as Rodgers fan as any one, I would like to state that before any one reads this and thinks I am just being pessimistic. I think he is the best quarterback in the league, and hopefully one day will be one of the best in the history. But I have had this theory about what I feel is his one glaring weakness, and I have been convincing myself otherwise that it wasn't the case for the past few years when I thought I first noticed it, but through the first 10 quarters of the season I think its becoming a reoccurring problem with him: pre snap reads hes great, plays consisting of the route he knows where he is going right away whether its quick route or deep. What he struggles with is his 8-15 yard intermediate routes. If his first target is covered, he doesnt look for his second third option like he should. His eyes drop from down field to look at the pressure in his face. Now obviously once he really starts feeling pressure it gets even more noticeable, but even if there really isnt that much pressure he does not progress through his read like he should. I would like some responses to this but I truly believe that is his ONE, maybe only, weakness.
smetana34

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:
I What he struggles with is his 8-15 yard intermediate routes. If his first target is covered, he doesnt look for his second third option like he should. His eyes drop from down field to look at the pressure in his face. Now obviously once he really starts feeling pressure it gets even more noticeable, but even if there really isnt that much pressure he does not progress through his read like he should. I would like some responses to this but I truly believe that is his ONE, maybe only, weakness.

You're basing this off..what exactly?

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."

incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers so far this season:

109/156, 69.9% completion, 1064 yds, 6.8 ypa, 7 TD 3 INT, 95.7 QBR

Prior to this week his QBR for the first 3 games was 87. That's one heck of a one week swing.

Even for all the calls the screwed up, yay for the real refs, allowing our O to get back on track.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MaryTsraining3s

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
MaryTsraining3s wrote:
I What he struggles with is his 8-15 yard intermediate routes. If his first target is covered, he doesnt look for his second third option like he should. His eyes drop from down field to look at the pressure in his face. Now obviously once he really starts feeling pressure it gets even more noticeable, but even if there really isnt that much pressure he does not progress through his read like he should. I would like some responses to this but I truly believe that is his ONE, maybe only, weakness.

You're basing this off..what exactly?

Im basing it off of the past 3 seasons when he has become elite. It doesnt happen every game, and it doesnt happen all the time, but in games where the defense is generating some pressure I notice this trend from time to time. They talk about how the offense practices with a 2.8 second play clock. I think you can definately tell this, even when there is time Aaron pulls down the ball and flushes if his first read isnt there. Im not saying this is a common problem, as today I did not notice it once. But I have taken note of it for the past few years it has taken place.
driftwood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so Rodgers pretty much brought us back in the 4th... how will the critics spin this into a non-comeback win?

will they say he brought us back too early in the 4th to count as a legit 4Q comeback?

Last edited by driftwood on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
so Rodgers pretty much brought us back in the 4th... how with the critics spin this into a non-comeback win?

will they say he brought us back too early in the 4th to count as a legit 4Q comeback?

He threw and interception and wasn't man enough to come in for the goal line play so he'll be chastised for that.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy is a masochist so he watches what skip and espn says. Can't confrim since i didn't watch, but apparently skip says rodgers is "overrated" and only put up those numbers because the saints defense is the worst in the league.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
My buddy is a masochist so he watches what skip and espn says. Can't confrim since i didn't watch, but apparently skip says rodgers is "overrated" and only put up those numbers because the saints defense is the worst in the league.

THAT'S why his 4th quarter comeback doesn't count. I get it now.

Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

I wouldn't watch Clueless for all the tea in China. That goofball is the worst. The only way to get that clown off the airwaves is to stop watching his stupid show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers mic'ed up shown during halftime on Monday night. He says to the refs coming back, we could have used you last week. Love a man that speaks the truth instead of the cookie cutter BS. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Rodgers mic'ed up shown during halftime on Monday night. He says to the refs coming back, we could have used you last week. Love a man that speaks the truth instead of the cookie cutter BS. Laughing Laughing Laughing

We could have used them this week too.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers should be mic'ed up 24/7. And they could have a channel called RodgersTV. Or BELTv.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 89 of 100

Jump to: