You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Magic the Gathering.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
I just created a Commander (or EDH) deck. Really hope this saves me from buying cards.

Having a commander deck just made me more willing to pay for expensive cards.

This seems true for the most part. Just built my first commander deck around Tajic, Blade of the Legion. Been a very fun play so far Very Happy

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
I just created a Commander (or EDH) deck. Really hope this saves me from buying cards.

Having a commander deck just made me more willing to pay for expensive cards.

This seems true for the most part. Just built my first commander deck around Tajic, Blade of the Legion. Been a very fun play so far Very Happy

I feel with Commander decks that I'm willing to buy a more expensive card for it, but I'll do it over time, and I don't make them as often, so I don't have to buy those expensive cards as often.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone do a prerelease?

I'm curious about what people pulled and what worked well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played two sealed decks. Temur deck wasn't very good. Went 2-2. Abzan deck was very good, went 3-0-1. Abzan's Outlast mechanic is easily the best one for the sealed deck environment. My deck was pretty consistent at making multiple flying first strike creatures. Abzan also has two of the best colors for removal, plus the best color for big creatures. Those factors together make for the best type of deck in the sealed environment. Ended up winning a total of 8 prize packs for total of 20 packs(or 18 packs, 2 seeded packs). Didn't open any mythics, and only one fetch land so pretty disappointing there.

The draft format will be different. You'll actually be able to draft a deck capable of using the Jeskai prowess ability well and the Mardu raid ability. I think the Mardu aggro decks will end up being the best draft ones since you get the three best removal colors and fast beater creatures that outlast and ferocious creatures won't be able to race.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran Sultai in a draft I just did, there were only four of us, but I won going 2-1 against both people that I played in three games. I basically pulled three counter spells in the first pack, and was able to grab four or five removal cards. It allowed me to play a mid-game while opponents were trying to get out faster. Sultai Soothsayer and Abomination of Gudul kept me cycling through my deck quickly hopefully pulling what I needed and getting rid of the chaff that I didn't want.

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is magic the gathering?

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
What the hell is magic the gathering?

Deck building game, highly strategy and logic based.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say most MtG players boil down to a combination but more of one of the following:

Spike (competitive)
Timmy (lives to play 20/20 indestructible 10 drops)
Johnny (plays to create decks showcasing his creativity)

I'm more of a johnny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone played different formats like: Kingdom or Emperor or Assassin?

We've been mixing in different styles and just played Kingdom for the first time last night. It's a little bit confusing with two bandits, a knight, a usurper, an assassin, and a King (and if you have 7, you add in a headsman).

King starts with 50 life, and everyone else with 40 (or 20 (20 made it more politically fun, and faster, the higher life totals slowed down the games a lot)). The King and Headsman play revealed. The Knight wins by ending the game with the King or Usurper alive and no one else. The bandits win by killing the King. The Assassin wins by killing everyone. The usurper wins by killing the King at that point he becomes King and has the same win condition as the King. The King wins by killing the Bandits, Assassin, and Usurper and can win with or without the knight being alive.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, one guy in our commander games half the time makes it too serious and half the time wants to ban everything because they are too "powerful" now the current talk is nerfing stuff like Sorin Markov so that it scales life wise. I'm debating about raising a big stink saying that all life gain should only be half the amount of life gain. It isn't like we have decks built around finding Sorin Markov, and it isn't like those are - cards. If someone makes a deck to be a - with them, the issue isn't the card, it's the person being a - which is a different issue.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Ugh, one guy in our commander games half the time makes it too serious and half the time wants to ban everything because they are too "powerful" now the current talk is nerfing stuff like Sorin Markov so that it scales life wise. I'm debating about raising a big stink saying that all life gain should only be half the amount of life gain. It isn't like we have decks built around finding Sorin Markov, and it isn't like those are - cards. If someone makes a deck to be a - with them, the issue isn't the card, it's the person being a - which is a different issue.

That's the problem with commander. It's not supposed to be competitive. It's supposed to be random with 100 different cards.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch5000 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:

That's the problem with commander. It's not supposed to be competitive. It's supposed to be random with 100 different cards.

Yes, and no. I understand that it isn't a purely competitive format, so I understand banning cards that they have, because they just make it not fun. In this case, it isn't a card that kills someone, it might get them closer to death, but if you do it on the weakest target and swing through and kill them, unless you're playing something like Assassin format, the cards not really that OP. It's more a situation where a player gets pissed off when it's used in the right play against him, and he even won the game anyways. So I don't think it's not about fun, it's just about him wanting it his way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:

If Sorin Markov is consistently winning games in EDH, that's pretty weak tea. That's hardly entwined Mikaeus/Triskelion or Helm/Leyline on turn two. Sorin takes an activation and an attack phase to take even one person out, and in a 4-player game, that hardly cuts it. Folks who whine about power level usually just want EDH to be more like Standard.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of get where he's coming from. I personally would never play it in commander deck because he has a certain "unfun" factor. I feel the same way with infinite combos too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
I kind of get where he's coming from. I personally would never play it in commander deck because he has a certain "unfun" factor. I feel the same way with infinite combos too.

Infinite combos are a little different. I dunno, if Sorin Markov's winning games in your group, that's really low power level EDH; I dislike playing at that power level because games just end up being incredibly random without any skill component, and that's more irksome than fun. Plus, the point of EDH is to have access to good cards.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: