Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official thread of the Penn State University V.II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team just fell apart once that fluke play happened. Sad

Oh well.

BigD88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Roof is awful.
He should be fired based on this game alone. That was some of the most pathetic defensive coaching I have ever seen.
Ohio had only 2 plays that we're effective and he did absolutely nothing to stop it.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
ICE13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are my thoughts on the game:
Quote:

Yeah, we lost to Ohio yesterday and it [inappropriate/removed] sucks. Yes, Ted Roof..... "Roofied" the defenses ability to play decently.Yes, Gerald Hodges returning punts over Alex Kenney was..... an unfortunate decision.

You know what else also happened?

1) Our Left Tackle of the future looked kick [inappropriate/removed] when he was playing, and he's just a RS Freshman. Also, there were 4 new starters on the OL. The unit probably won't gel until the 3rd or fourth game. Don't think we're screwed for the future because of one bad game.

2) The Secondary was decent when they were allowed to make a play. I'm not talking about trying to stop a quick slant 8 yards off of the ball either. Yes, they need to improve on block shedding, which is why the Perimeter Screens were effective.You know who else was awful at shedding blocks on the perimeter? Florida's secondary in 2007, and look how they turned out (They too, for the record, were very bad that year). Point? They're young, don't think we're screwed for the future because they aren't doing well right away.

3) Oh look, we have talented young skill position player's! Allen Robinson unsurprisingly looked kick [inappropriate/removed], Trevor Williams got open (And MM Subsequently missed him), and Kyle Carter (<3 the WR-TE Hybrid) looks really, really good (Albeit, the few times he was blocking, he could've done better). All of the talented guys we have seem to be young. And yes, I don't think Kersey was that great yesterday. Bill Belton, he still really needs to work on ball control, but if he can get that down, he could be really, really good.

4) We were outcoached by Frank Solich in the 2nd half. It's not like we were outcoached by some [inappropriate/removed] clown like Tim Brewster. Solich was fired at Nebraska because he only won 9 games in a year. He's a really freakin' good coach, and I'd take him coaching wise vs any other coach on our schedule, sans maybe Urban Meyer. BOB is learning, he'll still continue to learn. Frank Solich is one of the last coaches somebody should want to make their debut against. I'd think BOB will learn from his mistakes here.

5) Don't give up on the DL yet. Barnes, in limited time, looked good yesterday. Yes, we were getting pushed around by a MAC level team, specifically in the 2nd half, but it's what happens when Ohio runs 50-esq plays and has the ball for 18 minutes.

6) Remember the first half. I don't know why we seemed to stray away from the 1st half attack, but the offensive plan in the first half was kick [inappropriate/removed]. The one in the 2nd..... I don't know why we relied so heavily on WR screens When they'd angle a safety over to the side we'd screen it too. I'd imagine BOB will see that.

Point is, is that the team is really, really young, and a lot of our stars are young. We lost to the MAC's first BCS buster **, don't get bent out of shape over it. It's one game, there are 11 in the year. While losing to Ohio doesn't bode too well for the year, it's also not the end either. Lets see what we do vs UVA before we bail on the team. Remember, every great coach generally has one WTF loss anyways in his first year.

- Mucho Amor,

ICE

** (Look at Ohio's schedule, they should run it. If they do, they'll be in the BCS.)

I, for one, am excited to see what the team can do vs Virginia next week. Especially to see if Ted Roof..... doesn't do something awfully dumb.

"As always, criminal justice proceedings, if any, take precedence over any NCAA actions" - Mark Emmert, 1982
eagles26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone needs to teach McGloin to slide.

That was so awkwardly bad.

Edit: Offense looking good though, for the record.

^^kudos to Kempes, E808 on the Avy
ICE13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Jordan Hill should play WR?

"As always, criminal justice proceedings, if any, take precedence over any NCAA actions" - Mark Emmert, 1982
eagles26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for jinxing the offense.

Go UVA?

Dracula58

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Paul Jones cannot play QB...That's nice
ICE13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Jones play the 2nd half at QB, but Bench has done better than I thought he would so far

ICE13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we give away the game to Navy too?

McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was absolutely pathetic, never have I seen a sorrier excuse of a kicker.
BigD88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ficken has me at a loss for words that are allowed on this site.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
casesdaily

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe they let Ficken kick straight through the whole game. This guy couldn't even hit neither the broad side of a barn, nor the barn itself today.
eagles26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casesdaily wrote:
I can't believe they let Ficken kick straight through the whole game. This guy couldn't even hit neither the broad side of a barn, nor the barn itself today.

What's weird is that all the FGs he missed before the last one were nice and straight and had enough leg, but he didn't adjust for the hash the ball was on. Then that last one was just straight terrible.

I do feel terrible for the kid though. Here he is a backup kicker (note that Fera probably would've nailed most/all of those, minus the PAT maybe) that has the whole nation watching him. Granted, obviously I expect better because, at the end of the day, he's still on the team so I expect him to perform. I just hope he doesn't get too discouraged by the oncoming wave of hatred that has/will come down upon him. I mean, who else is gonna kick for us?

casesdaily

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles26 wrote:
casesdaily wrote:

What's weird is that all the FGs he missed before the last one were nice and straight and had enough leg, but he didn't adjust for the hash the ball was on. Then that last one was just straight terrible.

I do feel terrible for the kid though. Here he is a backup kicker (note that Fera probably would've nailed most/all of those, minus the PAT maybe) that has the whole nation watching him. Granted, obviously I expect better because, at the end of the day, he's still on the team so I expect him to perform. I just hope he doesn't get too discouraged by the oncoming wave of hatred that has/will come down upon him. I mean, who else is gonna kick for us?

A good question. Of course, there isn't much depth at the K position and when the backup K obviously has an off-day, you're in a real deadlock regarding the kicking. I also hope that he doesn't get too encouraged.
ICE13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Fickens name was on the front page, and the lead article, on every sports network. Not surprising, since it's Penn State, but I feel bad for the kid.

On the bright side, the team played better than they did last week, we thoroughly outplayed UVA everywhere but the scoreboard.

Deion Barnes already has 3 sacks, and 2 against one of the nations top pairs of OT's. Definitely a bright spot, and one of the best freshman DE's in the nation.

The team needs Bill Belton back though. Day.... just isn't, and Dukes, while effective, isn't a game changer.

Ted Roof's defense wasn't bad, it's hard to overcome that final catch that UVA had on their last drive.

We gave UVA the game, just like we did vs Ohio. The team has left 48 points on the board so far, which is to be expected considering we're the B1G's youngest team, but the team has to learn to capitalize.

But if they keep on showing the improvement they have been, the season could turn out to be better than anticipated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 97 of 100

Jump to: