Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NY Yankees thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
We've picked a great time to pull out of our 2nd half skid and start playing some very good ball. We have just about everyone back from injury too just in time for the playoffs.

Definitely just gotta hope our starting pitching gets the job done...Soriano too.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
klyon7634

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:
We've picked a great time to pull out of our 2nd half skid and start playing some very good ball. We have just about everyone back from injury too just in time for the playoffs.

Definitely just gotta hope our starting pitching gets the job done...Soriano too.

Jrry i didnt know you were a yanks fan lol

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:

Jrry i didnt know you were a yanks fan lol

Eh that's because I am a pretty casual fan when it comes to baseball. Used to be a diehard back when I was in High School and played but have gotten away from it once I stopped playing around 17 years old.

I still follow how the team does but I don't put that much time into it.

And yep, been a Yankee fan all my life. First pro game I ever saw was at the Old Yankee Stadium.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The regular season is over and the postseason awaits. I go ahead and go nuts about options for 2014's damn Luxury Tax.

Starters++++++

Hiroka Kuroda- one year for 12 m with 8 m team option/ 2 m buyout.

--He has done well anywhere to earn one more year in MLB. Will be 38 years old pitcher may be tired from this year work because he has pitched more than any season with Dodgers and it is not even playoff games. He could pitch well a half season in 2013. That is why I use a team option to check out Kuroda's wear and tear factor. If he is good to go for 2014 then Yanks can pick up the option. It is all about protecting the rotation within the luxury threshold. 14m will count toward 2013 luxury tax but it is even better if he is ready to roll in 2014 for only 6 m toward the year's luxury tax.

Andy Pettitte- one year for 8 m with 6 m team option/ 2 m buyout.

--He just proves that he has some lives in his arm. He has not overthrown this year so his wear and tear should be still good for 2013 full season. The strategy is the same as Kuroda's. 10 m accountable for 2013. 4 m accountable for 2014.

Phil Hughes- 2 years for 11 m.

-- He finally has a full season under his belt. He has improved. He is still young and Yanks merely want to postpone his free agent status until 2015. One year difference should not affect him if he pitches like this year. AAV is 5.5 for each next two years.

If Yanks managed to score these numbers then 2014 team could be still a contender. Don't even bother to be alike Rays' rotation. Young riders carrying a team philosophy does not work with Yankees. Period.

Protecting Sabathia is another reason. He makes 20+ m annually and already dealt with body injuries. Youngsters' up and down made the skipper Joe Girardi to overtax bullpen. That would force Sabathia to absorb extra innings. Yankees need other 2 or 3 solid starters to keep bullpen fresher for almost every game. Also, it will keep Sabathia away from more than 108 pitches in his consecutive starts if necessary.

Michael Pineda wont pitch until May or June. It is not a problem because Yanks lock up 4 starters to start off next season with Phelps or Nova as 5th starter.

Youngsters in the wing are Brett Marshall, Jose Ramirez, Nik Turley and Adam Warren. Only Marshall and Warren can step in for emergency next year. Ramirez, Turley, Banuelos and few future added to 40 man roster could be ready to help out in 2014. I think it is plenty to aid aging pitchers unless Yanks make trades, of course.

Relievers++++++

I am pretty sure Rafael Soriano will pick up 14 m player option for 2013 but if Yanks sign Mariano Rivera back for 13-16 m then Yankees can trade Soriano and some cash to either Brewers or Astros for outfielder help, a bunch of lefty relievers or 2nd tier prospects. Brewers should let Rodriguez, who made 8 m, walk and invest in Soriano for 8 or less m. Astros could pull another Marlins.

If Rivera is not back then Soriano stays. His 12.5 m will count against 2013's luxury tax. Either way, Yankees still have a real closer for 2013. Locked.

If Soriano opted out and Rivera was coming back, David Aardsma, David Robertson and Joba Chamberlain will compete for the closer' job. That would presumably problematic.

Prospects who could close games in 2014 are Branden Pinder, Mark Montgomery, Tommy Kahnle, and even Brett Marshall or Adam Warren.

Yankees will need to collect a bunch of southpaws because I don't see the way Yankees will pay over 2.5 m to Loogan Boone after 2013 season.

Outfielders++++++

Yanks should offer Nick Swisher a qualifying offer (14.5 m). I can see Swisher denies it without a hesitation. Yanks get comp draft pick easily. If He takes it then so be it. It will help OF prospects improve skill sets during 2013 for 2014's job.

If Swisher signs somewhere, Ronnier Mustelier and David Adams will auditon LF job. Gardner moves to CF, Granderson to RF. Mustelier may offer a decent pop but both he and Adams are flat out good hitters. That is what Yanks need for lineup. Offensive style changes a little bit. Accept it.

If Yanks decide to make a trade for OF with legit power (25+), then Alex Gordon is the best solution. I don't know if Royals actually trade him away but despite Royals and their skipper Yost keep saying they are coming together, Royals have yet to win at least 80 games since 2003. Gordon's contract is good for until 2015 or 2016. His AAV would be either 10.5 m or 11 m.

Shin Soo Choo will become a free agent after 2013 but his agent is Scott Boras. I can see Boras will make sure that his client will get the Jayson Werth contract (18 m AAV). Let Cano walk and sign Choo plan is only one that makes sense. Will Yanks walk Cano?

Yankees could gamble Grady Sizemore for 2 m. He earned 5 m by doing nothing so His status should be limited to minor league contract. If he is able to play, he can give us 15-30 home runs as a comeback player.
3 or 4 prospects that could play RF in 2014. Rob Segedin, Zolio Almonte, Melky Mesa and Tyler Austin are those prospects. Best one will be the one?

Catchers++++++

It is tough to handle this situation because Austin Romine is not ready to play a full season in MLB. Martin's power and defense shouldn't be overlooked but Mike Napoli is making 9.4 m, 2.4 m higher than Martin. Because that I am not sure if Yankees can retain him for 7 m or around that again. His power surged very late this season so I am not sure if I am comfortable paying him 9 m and witnessing Martin's only one HOT month.

Yankees should keep eyes on Brian McCann who is supposed to have shoulder surgery to fix the frayed part in off season. He is well around catcher and is left-handed. McCann is due for 12 m next year with a laughable 500k buyout. If Braves denied his option, Yanks should jump in and secure him for 2 years for right price.

If Yanks play wait and see game on McCann and Martin then it may be a good chance that Yanks wont have any veteran catcher with pops. Since Martin is obviously better defense than Napoli and Napoli refuses to play 1b, I can see Rangers give Martin for 4 years with 8.5 AAV. Napoli can be had for same price but his defense is awful. McCann's option could be picked up by Braves.

Francisco Cervelli can give us a good 250 avg with better RISP number. I don't know if Yanks are okay with 15 home runs short from catching position. Removing 15 HRs for just raising .30 batting average is plainfully awful.

Prospects who could play more than back up role in 2014 are Gary Sanchez, J.R. Murphy, Austin Romine and Pete O'Brien. I am not sure which is more MLB ready for healthy and hot performance. Romine and Murphy could win pitchers' confidences but Sanchez can offer Mike Piazza's numbers.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QJ likes baseball? Shocked

And Yankees? I thought we were friends. Crying or Very sad
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
QJ likes baseball? Shocked

And Yankees? I thought we were friends. Crying or Very sad

That is because you are male. lol.
pollino14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Swisher is hitting .169 with 4 hrs 6 RBI's and a .295 OBP in 38 post season games. If he doesn't perform in this post-season, he better not be on the team next year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Francisco Cervelli can give us a good 250 avg with better RISP number. I don't know if Yanks are okay with 15 home runs short from catching position. Removing 15 HRs for just raising .30 batting average is plainfully awful.

Prospects who could play more than back up role in 2014 are Gary Sanchez, J.R. Murphy, Austin Romine and Pete O'Brien. I am not sure which is more MLB ready for healthy and hot performance. Romine and Murphy could win pitchers' confidences but Sanchez can offer Mike Piazza's numbers

1st- your not going to get anywhere near 15 home runs from cervelli.

2nd- right not the only catching prospect even remotley ready for the bigs would be Romine. Sanchez is not anywhere near defensivly good enough at the moment. Murphey maybe in a few years. But even Romine is not ready for everyday catching duty[/quote]

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjets wrote:

Prospects who could play more than back up role in 2014 are Gary Sanchez, J.R. Murphy, Austin Romine and Pete O'Brien. I am not sure which is more MLB ready for healthy and hot performance. Romine and Murphy could win pitchers' confidences but Sanchez can offer Mike Piazza's numbers

What? Mike Piazza is the greatest hitting catcher of all time. Not even Buster Posey can offer Mike Piazza's numbers.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

What? Mike Piazza is the greatest hitting catcher of all time. Not even Buster Posey can offer Mike Piazza's numbers.

Mike Piazza had excellent career. However I dont mean that. His season average is 36 home runs, 113 RBI and 308 avg. Sanchez can touch those areas.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:

Mike Piazza had excellent career. However I dont mean that. His season average is 36 home runs, 113 RBI and 308 avg. Sanchez can touch those areas.

That's definitely not going to be easy. These stats are included Piazza's final years when he was pretty washed up.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

2nd- right not the only catching prospect even remotley ready for the bigs would be Romine. Sanchez is not anywhere near defensivly good enough at the moment. Murphey maybe in a few years. But even Romine is not ready for everyday catching duty
[/quote]

2014 projection is 2 years away.

Cerveilli is projected to hit about 5-9 home runs annually. That is about 10-16 home run shorter than Martin's capability.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:

That's definitely not going to be easy. These stats are included Piazza's final years when he was pretty washed up.

He does not have to live up to Mike Piazza's standard. Sanchez will offer more than what Yanks got from Jorge Posada.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

2nd- right not the only catching prospect even remotley ready for the bigs would be Romine. Sanchez is not anywhere near defensivly good enough at the moment. Murphey maybe in a few years. But even Romine is not ready for everyday catching duty

2014 projection is 2 years away.

Cerveilli is projected to hit about 5-9 home runs annually. That is about 10-16 home run shorter than Martin's capability.[/quote]

Cervelli has only hit 5 home runs in his career.... let alone yearly. I am telling you right now Sanchez will not be up in 2014 he is nowhere near defensivley ready, offensivley ready, mature enough

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell is the man!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 89 of 100

Jump to: