Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NY Yankees thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
I feel that next season could be a waste of a season for the Yankees while they try to get payroll down...sad that it'll most likely be Andy's last year.

Depends on what they decide to do. Trading Granderson could spell bad news, regardless of how he played last year. Still an important piece for us.

Disagree. We don't need players like him with his inability to hit with RISP or get on base...

This season as it stands is going to be a rough one for the Yanks. It is time to start rebuilding. Brace yourself guys, it's going to be a rough one.

Next TWO seasons are probably going to be quite rough (for...Yankees fans). Things could be pretty good if Pineda heals up right and comes back to form by 2014. I doubt Pettitte and Kuroda are coming back in 2014. But if Pineda comes back to full strength and the Yankees get down to $189 million...I could see them going after Verlander for 2015.

Going to be a rough couple of years unless Cashman does an amazingly good job. I wonder what we could get for Granderson?

Probably would be dumb to trade him now. Coming off the worst season of his career. Even then, probably not much. He'll be 32 by the star of the season and with be owed 13 million.

More of a mid-season trade-able guy, IMO.

It wasn't his worst season of his career...everyone loves the long ball and he hits them in bunches. Granted most of them at home...but still. Someone would bite and pay for him.

How wasn't it? Worse defensive season and WAR season of his career.

Easily his worst as a Yankee. And it's true that everyone loves the long ball, but the only reason he hits so many is because of Yankee Stadium. It's perfect for him. He would not hit 40 in most other stadiums/divisions

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
So we're gonna be the underdogs this year...I'm fine with that. Just wait until we get both Bryce and Trout.

I think Bryce is a guarentee pretty much. He is a die hard yankee fan and has said he wants to wear the pinstripes

Washington is not going to let him leave without us basically giving everything in the world and/or another A-Rod like mega contract. Just not a guarantee at all.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
So we're gonna be the underdogs this year...I'm fine with that. Just wait until we get both Bryce and Trout.

I think Bryce is a guarentee pretty much. He is a die hard yankee fan and has said he wants to wear the pinstripes

Washington is not going to let him leave without us basically giving everything in the world and/or another A-Rod like mega contract. Just not a guarantee at all.

An A-Rod contract when Bryce is a FA will be wil 10/600 Laughing

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
mission27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:

Easily his worst as a Yankee. And it's true that everyone loves the long ball, but the only reason he hits so many is because of Yankee Stadium. It's perfect for him. He would not hit 40 in most other stadiums/divisions

We're talking about one season of fielding data. That's largely insignificant. He was better offensive player last year than he was his first year in New York or his last year in Detroit. His WAR was similar to 2009 anyway. We're splitting hairs.

I'm not saying he hasn't lost a step but with the exception of 2011 he's been kind of the same player for a few years now. Power, a little speed, and a terrible contact rate. If he gets his BABIP up around .300 he's a tremendous player. If it's closer to .250-.270 he's just ok. The later is obviously more likely than the former going forward.

thelawoffices wrote:
Last time I did my full body shave I didn't like it that much. The pre-pubescent child look didn't really do it for me.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

We're talking about one season of fielding data. That's largely insignificant. He was better offensive player last year than he was his first year in New York or his last year in Detroit. His WAR was similar to 2009 anyway. We're splitting hairs.

I'm not saying he hasn't lost a step but with the exception of 2011 he's been kind of the same player for a few years now. Power, a little speed, and a terrible contact rate. If he gets his BABIP up around .300 he's a tremendous player. If it's closer to .250-.270 he's just ok. The later is obviously more likely than the former going forward.

Well yeah, I never doubted that he wasn't good. I was simply making a point that at this time right now, it might not be smart to trade him because you'd probably end up selling low from 2011. Which is why I said it would probably be more beneficial if they wait until the deadline.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
mission27

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Well yeah, I never doubted that he wasn't good. I was simply making a point that at this time right now, it might not be smart to trade him because you'd probably end up selling low from 2011. Which is why I said it would probably be more beneficial if they wait until the deadline.

If we're really not going to compete next year I think it makes sense to trade Granderson now. Could be selling low, sure, but then again he hit 40+ homers last year and the year before and I'm sure there's a team out there who'd like a power hitting centerfielder. I'm sure someone would accept the downside. Next year could be a rebound of sorts but if you ask me a repeat of last year (or worse 2010) is more likely. If he starts off slow, especially in the power department, his value could tank.

Anyway, I think it would be foolish for the front office to write-off 2013 and start looking at the distant future. Granderson should stay baring a major offer. The best players in this system are all over the age of 30 - Sabathia, Cano, Jeter, Tex, Granderson, Pettitte, Kuroda, Youkilis, Arod, etc. - and the roster in 2015, baring a few big moves, is still going to be old, bloated, and lacking in young impact talent. This team can make the playoffs and from there anything can happen but who's to say the team we assemble in a couple of years will be nearly this good?

If Cano were five years younger and Pineda were throwing like he did in Seattle and the farm system was more developed it might be worth it. But I think the Yankees need to try and compete in the next couple of years before the big window begins to slam shut. And if we're left with more holes on the roster so be it. We don't have pieces anyone wants all that badly, we're trying to shed payroll, and the assets we do have are tanking. This is just the beginning.

thelawoffices wrote:
Last time I did my full body shave I didn't like it that much. The pre-pubescent child look didn't really do it for me.

#JDI
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with Hamilton signing with the Angels and the Phillies, Mariners and Red Sox all needing a bat (along with some other teams needing DH's) I think the trade market for Granderson improves...just a matter of what we can get. Obviously I highly doubt any trades with the Sox would ever happen...we've got a history of dealing with Seattle...

Do the Phillies have anything left worth getting? Razz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
So with Hamilton signing with the Angels and the Phillies, Mariners and Red Sox all needing a bat (along with some other teams needing DH's) I think the trade market for Granderson improves...just a matter of what we can get. Obviously I highly doubt any trades with the Sox would ever happen...we've got a history of dealing with Seattle...

I wouldn't mind giving Dom Brown a try.

Both LA teams are spending hard, and we're signing Kevin Youkilis...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Yankees have made it clear they want to cut the payroll. Plus, you really think the Yankees want to be giving out more huge contracts after that's what has been keeping us from getting anyone? I know they're the Yankees, but the Dodgers made it clear money is not an issue. The Yankees have.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Yankees have made it clear they want to cut the payroll. Plus, you really think the Yankees want to be giving out more huge contracts after that's what has been keeping us from getting anyone? I know they're the Yankees, but the Dodgers made it clear money is not an issue. The Yankees have.

Also who out there would you be wanting to give large contracts to? It's a pretty poor FA pool IMO.

Last edited by GmenSeattle on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Also who out there would you be wanting to give large contracts to? It's a pretty [inappropriate/removed] poor FA pool IMO.

Yeah. Greinke doesn't work here, Hamilton wouldn't work given his contract length demands, etc.

#JDI
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only guy I want is Bourne.

Problem with us is we have a lot of money tied up in bums (A Rod/Teix and Granderson). Gotta get rid of these kids.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:

Problem with us is we have a lot of money tied up in bums (A Rod/Teix and Granderson). Gotta get rid of these kids.

I mean I wanna keep Tex...he's still a top 1st baseman...
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:

We have a younger, faster and probably better Bourne. That and if you think ARod doesn't age well how do you think Bourne is going to do...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

phillies need right handers, doubt they seriously discuss granderson.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 93 of 100

Jump to: