Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official "Current Gaming Deals" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grachuus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just gave you a real world observation. It happens to be true. It doesn't mean that all people who trade in games are stupid. It just means that more stupid people have that sensibility.

I can see you don't want to follow what I'm posting so why are you asking questions? If you want answers feel free to PM me. Otherwise get back to the thread topic. I wasn't trolling anyone. I was giving real world advice. If you don't like it move along.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
Grachuus wrote:
I still have Playstation games. Never traded one in. Don't regret it either. Sets a bad precedent in life if you're always leveraging yourself to get stuff.

If you can't afford it just wait until you can.

I would say it sets a bad precedent to keep around stuff you'll never use again that you could get money for

When I was in college I worked at a Game Stop for a couple months as one of those turrible "managers" and let me tell you the people that trade stuff in tend to be less than intelligent.

As for hording I move probably once every two years. If that's hording capable I must be awesome at lifting things. Laughing

I can see from the insults that most of you do trade your stuff in. Good for you enjoy the squalor that follows.

So the theory is this: If you trade in games you are unintelligent and can't afford things.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain

Last edited by Mossburg on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Fallout

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
I just gave you a real world observation. It happens to be true. It doesn't mean that all people who trade in games are stupid. It just means that more stupid people have that sensibility.

I can see you don't want to follow what I'm posting so why are you asking questions? If you want answers feel free to PM me. Otherwise get back to the thread topic. I wasn't trolling anyone. I was giving real world advice. If you don't like it move along.

Not once did you offer advice.

Why would people follow what you've said? If they can get value for something they own but no longer want, then what is the point of keeping it?

If you bought a car in 2003, had it for 8 years, and decided to get a new one...do you just keep that car, and buy the new one, or do you sell/trade that car and help pay for the new one?

You weren't trolling...Just being ignorant and throwing out subtle personal attacks.

Moving on...

^SHSTE92^
Grachuus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Grachuus wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
Grachuus wrote:
I still have Playstation games. Never traded one in. Don't regret it either. Sets a bad precedent in life if you're always leveraging yourself to get stuff.

I would say it sets a bad precedent to keep around stuff you'll never use again that you could get money for

When I was in college I worked at a Game Stop for a couple months as one of those turrible "managers" and let me tell you the people that trade stuff in tend to be less than intelligent.

As for hording I move probably once every two years. If that's hording capable I must be awesome at lifting things. Laughing

I can see from the insults that most of you do trade your stuff in. Good for you enjoy the squalor that follows.

So the theory is this: If you trade in games you are unintelligent and can't afford things.

I think you need to learn how to use a venn diagram.

Mark Twain wrote:

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Grachuus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallout wrote:
Grachuus wrote:

Why would people follow what you've said? If they can get value for something they own but no longer want, then what is the point of keeping it?

If you bought a car in 2003, had it for 8 years, and decided to get a new one...do you just keep that car, and buy the new one, or do you sell/trade that car and help pay for the new one?

You weren't trolling...Just being ignorant and throwing out subtle personal attacks.

Moving on...

See that's the issue you fail to understand what I was saying. willfully stretching the concept.

If you buy a game that you're not that interested in why bother purchasing it to begin with?

I don't use playstation games any more. By the time I stopped using them they were basically worth what a coaster is worth. Is that so difficult?

Maybe you can understand that purchasing something that you will use longer than 12 hours is wiser than something that you get bored with in a day.

Mark Twain wrote:

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Mossburg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Grachuus wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
Grachuus wrote:

I think you need to learn how to use a venn diagram.

I fully understand that you're not dumb enough to think all people who trade in games are unintelligent, but the way you word things is pretty silly.

Quote:
Sets a bad precedent in life if you're always leveraging yourself to get stuff.

The above quote is just silly.

If you have something laying around that you aren't going to play, it's only common sense to get something for it. And it is not "leveraging", since you don't have to pay anyone back.

People probably can't afford games because they are not intelligent and don't make a good living, so they trade in, so that's pretty obvious. But why even bring this up on a public forum where you don't even know anyone? I used to trade in games all the time because I never wanted to pay the full price and tried to save money, even though I can easily go and buy stuff on release day for full price. I haven't paid full price for a game, unless it was in the $20 range after drops, for many many years.

Mossburg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and BTW, Steam has Dead Rising 2 for $20 and Resident Evil 5 for $15 until Monday. Very Happy

flyers0909

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
Fallout wrote:
Grachuus wrote:

Moving on...

See that's the issue you fail to understand what I was saying. willfully stretching the concept.

If you buy a game that you're not that interested in why bother purchasing it to begin with?

I don't use playstation games any more. By the time I stopped using them they were basically worth what a coaster is worth. Is that so difficult?

Maybe you can understand that purchasing something that you will use longer than 12 hours is wiser than something that you get bored with in a day.

Who says when you trade a game in, it means you weren't that interested in it? Is it wrong to trade in The Show 10, when I just purchased The Show 11?

^^^ Rammy on the sig
Grachuus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:

People probably can't afford games because they are not intelligent and don't make a good living, so they trade in, so that's pretty obvious. But why even bring this up on a public forum where you don't even know anyone? I used to trade in games all the time because I never wanted to pay the full price and tried to save money, even though I can easily go and buy stuff on release day for full price. I haven't paid full price for a game, unless it was in the $20 range after drops, for many many years.

The issue is you are easily disinterested in something you were apparently preferring to trade the last thing you were easily disinterested in and another $20 for.

It's a cycle of vague interest that costs you money and nets you nothing. Congratulations. I buy fewer things but the ones I do buy I enjoy thoroughly. If you don't understand the statement I was making that's fine. Enjoy your day.

Mark Twain wrote:

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Grachuus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Oh and BTW, Steam has Dead Rising 2 for $20 and Resident Evil 5 for $15 until Monday. Very Happy

Steam deals are pretty sick. Near Christmas again I'm hoping they have some of the nasty stuff they put out last year. I think I spent four months on the 2k pack I got for 70 bucks. That was so much stuff.

Mark Twain wrote:

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Grachuus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:

Who says when you trade a game in, it means you weren't that interested in it? Is it wrong to trade in The Show 10, when I just purchased The Show 11?

The return for a sports game is terrible unless something has changed in the last few years. That netted you what $3?

Mark Twain wrote:

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Mossburg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
Mossburg wrote:

The issue is you are easily disinterested in something you were apparently preferring to trade the last thing you were easily disinterested in and another $20 for.

It's a cycle of vague interest that costs you money and nets you nothing. Congratulations. I buy fewer things but the ones I do buy I enjoy thoroughly. If you don't understand the statement I was making that's fine. Enjoy your day.

There were a few cases of that, but if you read my posts here you'd know I'm pretty selective. The only way this costs me money is if I keep buying games and trading them in in 2-3 weeks, which (admit it, it's obvious) is what you generalize when we're talking about trade ins.

Most of my trade ins were old XBOX and PS2 games that I regretted not trading in earlier to get more money, so I ended up getting $10-20 drops for a bulk of them. Vicious cycle, eh? Cost me a lot of money by sitting in my closet collecting dust.

Quote:
The return for a sports game is terrible unless something has changed in the last few years. That netted you what $3?

See, this is where you are wrong. The only better solution to trading in an old sports game is selling it to someone on eBay or something. Other than that, how is it a loss, even if you get $1? Unless you're assuming it's better to keep old sports games and play them instead of laying new ones, which is a completely personal preference and has no relevance at all.

Grachuus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Madden franchise in general is a complete ripoff. If you're buying current you're just feeding the crap fest.

Mark Twain wrote:

QBvsDefensiveQuality
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading in games is generally not a great choice imo. Unless there is an awesome trade-in promotion, I tend to just sell/trade on craigslist. Im also looking into trying to sell on ebay.

Mack on the sig
flyers0909

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:

Even if it was just $3, I would never play that game again. I thoroughly enjoyed that game for a year, but a newer better product came out, so I chose to go with that. I fail to see what's wrong in this case.

^^^ Rammy on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 2 of 34

Jump to: