Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mario Kart 8- Turning the Wii U Upside Down
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Mario Kart 8- Turning the Wii U Upside Down Reply with quote

This game is amazing and no one created a thread yet for it.

Platform- Wii U
Publisher- Nintendo
Developer- Nintendo EAD
Multiplayer- up to 4 local or 12 online

Features-
Mario Kart TV- allows you to upload highlight reels straight to Miiverse and/or YouTube.

Online Tournaments- can create private rooms and rules

Time Trials
Battle Mode
Vs Mode

Courses

Mushroom Cup
- Mario Kart Stadium
- Water Park
- Sweet Sweet Canyon
- Thwomp Ruins

Flower Cup
- Mario Circuit
- Toad Harbor
- Twisted Mansion
- Shy Guy Falls

Star Cup
- Sunshine Airport
- Dolphin Shoals
- Electrodrome
- Mount Wario

Special Cup
- Cloudtop Cruise
- Bone-Dry Dunes
- Bowser's Castle
- Rainbow Road

Shell Cup
- Wii Moo Moo Meadows
- GBA Mario Circuit
- DS Cheep Cheep Beach
- N64 Toad's Turnpike

Banana Cup
- GCN Dry Dry Desert
- SNES Donut Plains 3
- N64 Royal Raceway
- 3DS DK Jungle

Leaf Cup
- DS Wario Stadium
- GCN Sherbet Land
- 3DS Music Park
- N64 Yoshi Valley

Lightning Cup
- DS Tick Tock Clock
- 3DS Piranha Plant Slide
- Wii Grumble Volcano
- N64 Rainbow Road

Register on Club Nintendo and get a download code for a select free game.

Buy this or he will come for you.

My Nintendo ID- Fracdaddy14
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game looks amazing, but it's not worth buying a $300 console for. I'll wait for like two years after the Wii U fails and buy one for like $70.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As great as this game is (and I love it), it's as equally disappointing for me because there are zero battle arena's. Battling on the tracks has it's area of fun, but it's nothing compared to the old fashioned open area arena's. As I said in the other thread, that has always been half of the fun of this game for me and my family.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really impressed with the graphics and framerate. Despite the Wii U lacking the hardware, this game doesn't have overly detailed textures. The colors and the effects are really stellar, it doesn't look like a last gen game. I'm pretty sure that every second of the game I've played has also been at 60 FPS.

I also really like the new levels. They really went all out to make them as dynamic as possible, some of them are just flat out crazy, and they looks so awesome and are so diverse.

Only thing I'm disappointed in is they dumbed some stuff down to make it more noob friendly

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
McNabbs Beef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game looks more fun than any game I've seen on either of the next gen consoles (PS4, Xbone).

The WiiU just isn't good enough as a console to warrant the price, though. I can't imagine spending $300 just to play Mario Kart.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat gif. Laughing

I want this game, but like others have said, I'm not gonna buy a console just to play. Hopefully other worthwhile games come out for the WiiU.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In about 3 years or maybe even sooner games like Mario and Zelda will be on the Xbox and Playstation. Nintendo is in trouble, they're going down the tubes.

Quote:
The difficulties Nintendo is experiencing now didnít come from nowhere. Itís been building up since 2006 when they abandoned the traditional market in order to go after a much wider audience. Unlike the traditional gamer who may be loyal, thereís no reason for the wider audience to have any such loyalty. This is why thereís next to no 3rd party support. This is why people arenít buying Wii-Us.

Yep.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Kart 8 for $60-

Wii U for $300-

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
Brodie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
In about 3 years or maybe even sooner games like Mario and Zelda will be on the Xbox and Playstation. Nintendo is in trouble, they're going down the tubes.

Quote:
The difficulties Nintendo is experiencing now didnít come from nowhere. Itís been building up since 2006 when they abandoned the traditional market in order to go after a much wider audience. Unlike the traditional gamer who may be loyal, thereís no reason for the wider audience to have any such loyalty. This is why thereís next to no 3rd party support. This is why people arenít buying Wii-Us.

Yep.

Time for a real Pokemon console game. Would buy the Wii U in a heartbeat

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Quote:

Yep.

Time for a real Pokemon console game. Would buy the Wii U in a heartbeat

Heck yes. Nintendo needs to figure this out. Mario, zelda, smash bros will only take them so far now that they are getting to the point of being repetetive. (Still great games, but it's the same ol same ol every generation now) Tap into what's making the 3DS a hit and make it next gen ish. Like pokemon. The Wii U would be flying high.

And considErin how much Nintendo loves rpgs it's surprising they don't have anything in the works yet.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Mossburg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

Quote:

Yep.

Do the sales numbers show that going back to 2006? Surely nothing about the Wii is a failure, or the Gamecube. Gamecube had a ton of classics, maybe more than the others.

This is the problem with the WiiU. Since the controller is a stupid gimmick, gamers have to choose between 2 consoles that have today's graphics, and a console that has yesterday's since there's nothing that sets them apart. People who like Nintendo's exclusive are the only ones getting the WiiU. You don't want that console for anything else.

Also I commend Nintendo for abandoning the traditional gaming model. The traditional gaming model is lame and repetitive. The problem is they should offer the traditional gaming model as an option, while doing their own thing too. People who want to play Call of Duty will never even consider the WiiU as an option.

l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quote is saying that it's been building since 2006, now it is hitting the fan. IDK sales numbers for any console or where to find accurate up to date ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with that though. The WiiU is a failure because Nintendo rolled the dice on a stupid gimmick and thought they could have the same success as the Wii despite the hardware gap. The Wii was a massive success and went about as far away from the traditional gaming model as it could have, but its unique feature wasn't a gimmick. Also, it's less price competitive. $300 for Wii or $400 for PS4 vs $250 for Wii or $500 for PS3. You could easily own a Wii and a PS3 as it didn't necessarily compete directly since it offered something fun and unique. WiiU doesn't, so if you're not into Mario, you're probably not getting a WiiU.

I'd actually like to see more motion control games using the Wii controls on the WiiU.

l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Disappointing.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Quote:

Yep.

Do the sales numbers show that going back to 2006? Surely nothing about the Wii is a failure, or the Gamecube. Gamecube had a ton of classics, maybe more than the others.

This is the problem with the WiiU. Since the controller is a stupid gimmick, gamers have to choose between 2 consoles that have today's graphics, and a console that has yesterday's since there's nothing that sets them apart. People who like Nintendo's exclusive are the only ones getting the WiiU. You don't want that console for anything else.

Also I commend Nintendo for abandoning the traditional gaming model. The traditional gaming model is lame and repetitive. The problem is they should offer the traditional gaming model as an option, while doing their own thing too. People who want to play Call of Duty will never even consider the WiiU as an option.

The problem isn't the WiiU. It's a great system. The problem is people trying to compare everything to something else. The WiiU is not competition to the XB1 or PS4, it's an alternative.

I wouldn't call the Game Pad a failed gimmick, because it's not used just for stuff in game. You can play games on it without a TV, watch Netflix/Amazon on it, and then use it for some in-game stuff. You also don't have to use it for most games if you prefer the remote/nunchuk setup better.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: