Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Fortress 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelers_Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Team Fortress 2 Reply with quote

Surprised there isn't a thread about this game. I got it in a bundle with Portal expecting to never play it. I got bored and tried it, and loved it. Does anyone here play it? They just made it free to download, so there's no excuses Very Happy
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the best TF2 player on here, best FPS of all-time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I'm the best TF2 player on here, best FPS of all-time.

PC or 360/PS3. Also, if you guys have a PC. It's FREE on steam, yes FREE!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I just suck with the mouse as aimer/trigger, maybe I just don't get it, but this game seems horrible to me.
Steelers_Fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a bit to get used to. Its not like most FPS games where you get killed in 3 shots.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers_Fan wrote:
It takes a bit to get used to. Its not like most FPS games where you get killed in 3 shots.

Yeah, I think I played about 5 hours. I'm normally an assault rifle guy though, so it was rough. Too many negatives to the classes. Minigun dude's weapon has horrible accuracy, plus he can't move. Sniper its really weird having to click to scope/unscope, and he has really low health. And its hard to use a shotgun because of how fast people can move, hard to keep up with a mouse.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some things about TF2 in my experience. On, and I use an xbox 360 controller on PC, I can't play with M/K.

I have about 2,000+ hours logged into the game on both the 360 and PC combined. While on the 360, I played TF2 competitively for about 2 years and was the leader of the best team in the clan community.

It took me about 60+ hours just to understand all of the classes and the objectives of all of the different maps. Every class is 100% UNIQUE, they have their own health, own weapons, speed, taunts, etc. It's truly the best team game for an FPS ever made.

There is no auto-aim, even on consoles. What you have to do in a lot of cases (such as Soldier and Demoman) is depend on the splash damage you get from their weapons. EX: Soldier rockets can shoot on the ground toward the enemy and the enemy still takes damage because of the splash damage.

The game has no stats for W/L or K/D, which is great. This game literally is not about that, it's about filling in a roll to help the team win.

If anybody has any questions about any of the classes, maps, etc just let me know. I played Demoman and Engineer at the highest possible level in clan play. I also ran Scout a lot on push maps and Medic at times.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Here's some things about TF2 in my experience. On, and I use an xbox 360 controller on PC, I can't play with M/K.

I have about 2,000+ hours logged into the game on both the 360 and PC combined. While on the 360, I played TF2 competitively for about 2 years and was the leader of the best team in the clan community.

It took me about 60+ hours just to understand all of the classes and the objectives of all of the different maps. Every class is 100% UNIQUE, they have their own health, own weapons, speed, taunts, etc. It's truly the best team game for an FPS ever made.

There is no auto-aim, even on consoles. What you have to do in a lot of cases (such as Soldier and Demoman) is depend on the splash damage you get from their weapons. EX: Soldier rockets can shoot on the ground toward the enemy and the enemy still takes damage because of the splash damage.

The game has no stats for W/L or K/D, which is great. This game literally is not about that, it's about filling in a roll to help the team win.

If anybody has any questions about any of the classes, maps, etc just let me know. I played Demoman and Engineer at the highest possible level in clan play. I also ran Scout a lot on push maps and Medic at times.

Is there any way to use a PS3 controller on PC? I think that would help me out a ton.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my graphics card is out dated Sad i enjoyed the console TF2 but it was only fun for a few days

Not a Knicks fan
Steelers_Fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Is there any way to use a PS3 controller on PC? I think that would help me out a ton.

Turn your mouse sensativity up in the options. You said earlier you're having trouble keeping up with the mouse. I'm fine with mouse and keyboard, but a lot of people mess with sensitivity to make it work for them.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if there's a way to use the PS3 controller. Maybe there's some kind of program you could download to make it work.

How you use the 360 controller is, plug it in and then type in the command console "exec_360controller". It should work after that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googled it, heres instructions to using a PS3 controller

http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/

And I had the mouse sensitivity pretty high. When I turned it all the way up I could keep up with people...but my aim got even worse overall.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its also about strafing to help keep up...

I hate the new sniper though, still cant stand the zoom in to charge up mechanic
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TF2 is the best game when it comes to sniping, and what I mean by that is, they got it right. It's hard to get a headshot and actually takes skill, no BS in this game.

There are certain classes that you can headshot without zooming in, such as Scout, Medic, Spy and other Snipers. But you can't do that with other classes. And because the Medic class has the ability to buff classes, sometimes you can't headshot kill anybody without letting the zoom charge build up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I hate about snipers in this game, at least, this happens on the 360, is when I play 2fort there are 2 teams full of contributing players, except for 1 sniper on each team set on getting headshots only on each other from the upper floors of the opposite forts. WTF?

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: