Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Xbox One Thread [vol. IV]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: The Xbox One Thread [vol. IV] Reply with quote

Onto the Next...good timing with what will be the Xbox's first big must have exclusive launching next Tuesday.

Pretty big transformative year for the system....and next year seems to be a further step forward.

All thoughts and discussion here as per usual.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading the master chief collection right now.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: The Xbox One Thread [vol. IV] Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:

Onto the Next...good timing with what will be the Xbox's first big must have exclusive launching next Tuesday.

Pretty big transformative year for the system....and next year seems to be a further step forward.

Next year just has TOO MANY games per Phil Spencer that Microsoft can't release them all.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/11/01/phil-spencer-next-fall-will-be-crazy-for-xbox-one-this-holiday-season-a-good-time-to-compete/

I know its just BS PR-speak, but interesting to see if they have any surprises like the rumored Gears of War Collection and whether they can push Crackdown into 2015.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Xbox One crew checking in

RollEagles wrote:
We got jonu back.That was a big win.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: The Xbox One Thread [vol. IV] Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

Next year just has TOO MANY games per Phil Spencer that Microsoft can't release them all.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/11/01/phil-spencer-next-fall-will-be-crazy-for-xbox-one-this-holiday-season-a-good-time-to-compete/

I know its just BS PR-speak, but interesting to see if they have any surprises like the rumored Gears of War Collection and whether they can push Crackdown into 2015.

I can't imagine them getting Crackdown into the fall with halo 5 and Tomb Raider...but yea it'll be interesting to see what the heck that means. I think it'd be great for that game to be a March to June release. Unless the cloud computed destruction really is a game changer.

I just hope the all gaming-wide drought we had last summer was an anomaly. Months without good new games on the two new systems was rough.

Besides the big ones, I'm looking forward to Below and Inside sometime next year the most.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:

What games you get?

flyers0909

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting one for Christmas but I might go ahead and take advantage of that Target buy 2 get 1 free deal. I'm thinking Halo and COD, any good recommendations for a 3rd?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:

What games you get?

Just have the new COD game that came with the bundle. But, I will definitely be all over that "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" next week (probably gonna get Sunset Overdrive, AC Unity, and something else).

I had to think hard about whether to get the Sunset Overdrive bundle. Dat white console Drool

But my love for COD and 1 TB space was too good to pass up so I went with that bundle in the end.

Any games you recommend, Kilty?

Question: Is the Kinect piece worth it? What kind of features do you get with it?

RollEagles wrote:
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
I'm getting one for Christmas but I might go ahead and take advantage of that Target buy 2 get 1 free deal. I'm thinking Halo and COD, any good recommendations for a 3rd?

GTA V, Sunset Overdrive, Shadows of Mordor, Titanfall.... all of those are pretty good. If you want to get another FPS, Titanfall is still the best one out on the Xbox One IMO. The other three are all great 3rd person games.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: The Xbox One Thread [vol. IV] Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
fracdaddy14 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

I can't imagine them getting Crackdown into the fall with halo 5 and Tomb Raider...but yea it'll be interesting to see what the heck that means. I think it'd be great for that game to be a March to June release. Unless the cloud computed destruction really is a game changer.

I just hope the all gaming-wide drought we had last summer was an anomaly. Months without good new games on the two new systems was rough.

Besides the big ones, I'm looking forward to Below and Inside sometime next year the most.

It's very interesting to see the story of the Xbox One from the console announcement to now. A lot changed once Phil was put in charge of Xbox, and he has done a masterful job for the most part. It helps that he is obviously very passionate about games, something you couldn't say about the previous heads of Xbox.

Looking back, even though it was painful to watch, the best thing for this console was to stumble early like it did. I feel like because of that, they have spent more time listening to the community, and that's a huge win for gamers.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are a lot of you guys playing Destiny? I rented it and played a weekend. Seemed fun, but not quite the mass effect replacement I was hoping. Has it been getting updated with new/better missions?

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:

What games you get?

Just have the new COD game that came with the bundle. But, I will definitely be all over that "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" next week (probably gonna get Sunset Overdrive, AC Unity, and something else).

I had to think hard about whether to get the Sunset Overdrive bundle. Dat white console Drool

But my love for COD and 1 TB space was too good to pass up so I went with that bundle in the end.

Any games you recommend, Kilty?

Question: Is the Kinect piece worth it? What kind of features do you get with it?

Yea the 1 TB is nice

I like the kinect....it's a luxury not a necessity.
The Play/pause, MuTe, Xbox Off, record that command, app switching, and stuff like that is pretty handy. Being able to yell from my kitchen to pause a show I hear my show coming back on makes me feel like a future-man everytime Laughing
In game features have been pretty meh, best use is like proximity sound affecting the game. I'm not going to buy or play a full kinect game.

Did you play AC 4 Black Flag?....that was surprisingly fun.
Ryse was fun and gorgeous, but short, I have a feeling it'll be a free game w/gold sooner than later. Dead Rising 3 wasn't bad.
Some arcade titles like Child of Light or Peggle 2, though I'd recommend for the latter to just sign up for EA Access (it's one of the games).
Shadow of Mordor was awesome, I'd recommend that.

Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Are a lot of you guys playing Destiny? I rented it and played a weekend. Seemed fun, but not quite the mass effect replacement I was hoping. Has it been getting updated with new/better missions?

Not really.....they've been doing "fixes" mainly.

Taking out things they view as exploits while rarely replacing it with a better way to do it.

ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo, is xbox live down?

Sig brought to you by Justo
jonu62882

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, Is anyone having issues with Xbox Live?

I have been trying to setup my new xbox one and I have not been able to do so. It's been 2 hours.

I keep getting an error when the xbox boots up and tries to do the initial system update. And I do have a network connection.

RollEagles wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: