Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PC Gaming Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: PC Gaming Thread Reply with quote

I tried a search and couldn't find any previously existing PC gaming thread, so I apologize if this already exists. I don't want this to become a huge PC vs Console thread if it doesn't have to, but I do want to see who else here is a PC Gamer/Who built their PCs.

I built mine, probably went overboard, but here are the specs:

i5-4670k
2x Gigabyte GTX 770 4gb cards
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Motherboard
8gb Kingston HyperX Beast RAM
128 gb SanDisk Ultra SSD
1TB WD Red HD
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
Corsair cx750m power supply
Corsair 750d case

I've been playing a lot of Crysis 3, Battlefield 4 and Sid Meier's Civilization V lately. Not pushing my pc as much as I could be, but I built it with longevity in mind.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember exactly what my mobo is, it has "overclocker" worked in somewhere Laughing

Processor: AMD Phenom 2 (Quad Core at 3.8 gHz, this is the weak link of my system)
RAM: 4x4GB "Ripjaw"
Graphics: GTX 660 ti (its slightly overclocked, 2 GB of its own RAM)
SSD: 120GB Kingston SSDNOW (for boot/Battlefield)
Main Hard Drive: 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda (for games/programs)
Recording Hard Drive: 1 TB Caviar Black (for recording gameplay)
Corsair 200R case
Corsair CX500 PSU (reeeeally wish I had a modular)

I'd love to upgrade to an FX 8-core processor, wouldn't mind going to a GTX 770 either, just isn't workable financially right now.

Next time I build a PC, I'll probably go with liquid cooling.

I play Battlefield 4 (not that much right now, they need some serious fixes), Titanfall (taking a break from that, was grinding pretty hard through the gens for a week or so). Been playing COD4 and Rust lately. My group of friends have a rust server and 2 COD4 servers. Giving DayZ standalone a little more time to work out some bugs, I'll play a bunch of that though. Played some League, not good at it, but I'd like to get better, just been having fun playing other stuff.

The 16 GB of RAM probably seems like overkill, but it helps with some of the editing/rendering I do. A better processor would help more, but that's life.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my buddies has a nearly identical system and seems to love it. He and I play payday quite a bit.

He is also planning to upgrade, I think he's swapping his mobo and his processor for an AMD FX 8350, which Tek Syndicate benchmarked and found can perform almost as well as an Intel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE

Pretty interesting watch if you've got the time.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i7-3770
8 GB ram
256 GB SSD (Samsung 830)
1 TB HDD
GTX 660 (EVGA)
500W PSU (corsair cx series)

Rarely game on it (use mostly for school) but I like having the option available. I play games on it when I find a really good steam sale. I've been able to play all my games on ultra, pretty much. Games include :Tomb Raider, Skyrim, Crysis 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Alan Wake, Battlefield 3, Civ 5, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise, Mirrors Edge, the Sims 3, Mass Effect, and Medal of Honor. Got like half of those for $5 from Humble Bundle, and got a couple of them totally free (L4D and ME). Paid like $45 TOTAL for all these games lol Laughing

Mack on the sig
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i7 4770K
16 GB G.SKill 1600
ASUS Sabertooth Z87
EVGA GTX780 Ti
850W Corsair PSU
250 GB Samsung Evo SSD / 300GB VelociRaptor / 3TB Seagate
Asus Xonar STX

Stuff I play:

Dota 2
Starcraft 2
CS GO
TF2
Portal 2

Those are always in my rotation. Other than that I have some single player stuff in my rotation every now and then, like the Crysis series, Witcher 2, Trine 2, Blood Dragon, The Walking Dead, Tomb Raider, Bioshock, etc.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Fortress 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
i7 4770K
16 GB G.SKill 1600
ASUS Sabertooth Z87
EVGA GTX780 Ti
850W Corsair PSU
250 GB Samsung Evo SSD / 300GB VelociRaptor / 3TB Seagate
Asus Xonar STX

Stuff I play:

Dota 2
Starcraft 2
CS GO
TF2
Portal 2

Those are always in my rotation. Other than that I have some single player stuff in my rotation every now and then, like the Crysis series, Witcher 2, Trine 2, Blood Dragon, The Walking Dead, Tomb Raider, Bioshock, etc.

That's a pretty sick build. Out of curiosity, what made you go with the velociraptor drive since you have that ssd?
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Team Fortress 2

Valve can do no wrong. That game is great, especially for a free to play game.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
i7-3770
8 GB ram
256 GB SSD (Samsung 830)
1 TB HDD
GTX 660 (EVGA)
500W PSU (corsair cx series)

Rarely game on it (use mostly for school) but I like having the option available. I play games on it when I find a really good steam sale. I've been able to play all my games on ultra, pretty much. Games include :Tomb Raider, Skyrim, Crysis 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Alan Wake, Battlefield 3, Civ 5, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise, Mirrors Edge, the Sims 3, Mass Effect, and Medal of Honor. Got like half of those for $5 from Humble Bundle, and got a couple of them totally free (L4D and ME). Paid like $45 TOTAL for all these games lol Laughing

I use mine quite a bit for school as well, but it's definitely replaced consoles for me. Hardly touch my ps4 anymore, although that's due to a lack of games for it. Steam sales and humble bundles are so fantastic, always have a ton of cheap options for pc.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P9X79 LE Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel
CPU: Intel Core i7-3820
MEMORY: 16GB (2GBx8) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory
128 GB SSD
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card
POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
TheChad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years old now:

i5-2500 CPU
8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz
Geforce GTX 560Ti (1GB)
2 TB WD Caviar Black HDD
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Nothing crazy, but it's always performed well. The only game I couldn't quite handle was Tomb Raider if I turned on TressFX (the individual strands of hair stuff). Without that feature though, it's all good. I imagine with the new consoles out now, I might have to upgrade again soon.

Most of my gaming is on PC, and most of it is older games (a lot from GOG.com). Civilization V is the next big game I need to tackle, as I bought it in the Humble Bundle a couple of months back. Currently waiting patiently for Dark Souls 2 to hit PC (April 25), and then looking forward to some kickstarter funded releases later in the year like Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, and Dreamfall Chapters.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:

That's a pretty sick build. Out of curiosity, what made you go with the velociraptor drive since you have that ssd?

I kept it when I sold my old computer. I haven't had the need to, but when the SSD runs out of space I'll install stuff on it.

yankee0724

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPU: i5-2400
RAM: 4x2 DDR/1333
MOBO: This
GPU: MSI Twin Frozr II 7870 Overclocked, 2GB DDR5
Storage: 256gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 2 1TB HDD's
PSU: 520w Seasonic

Started out as a somewhat budget build (~$710). Could probably use an upgrade on my cpu and psu, but haven't ran into any issues with either.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChad wrote:
A few years old now:

i5-2500 CPU
8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz
Geforce GTX 560Ti (1GB)
2 TB WD Caviar Black HDD

Nothing crazy, but it's always performed well. The only game I couldn't quite handle was Tomb Raider if I turned on TressFX (the individual strands of hair stuff). Without that feature though, it's all good. I imagine with the new consoles out now, I might have to upgrade again soon.

Most of my gaming is on PC, and most of it is older games (a lot from GOG.com). Civilization V is the next big game I need to tackle, as I bought it in the Humble Bundle a couple of months back. Currently waiting patiently for Dark Souls 2 to hit PC (April 25), and then looking forward to some kickstarter funded releases later in the year like Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, and Dreamfall Chapters.

Definitely get civ 5. Unless you like being productive in your free time.

But your CPU isn't going to affect your performance too much, not a ton of difference between then and now for i5, if you bump your graphics card, you should see some great performance without any bottlenecking from your cpu
Mossburg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
TheChad wrote:
A few years old now:

i5-2500 CPU
8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz
Geforce GTX 560Ti (1GB)
2 TB WD Caviar Black HDD

Definitely get civ 5. Unless you like being productive in your free time.

But your CPU isn't going to affect your performance too much, not a ton of difference between then and now for i5, if you bump your graphics card, you should see some great performance without any bottlenecking from your cpu

That part is complicated.

My old rig had a Phenom II 940, and I've never seen it run close to 100% usage on anything. When I played SC2, I saw MASSIVE framerate dumps if I played 2v2 or 3v3 and there were massive armies. Neither my CPU or GPU usage was at 100%. It was weird. I figured at least one of them has to be at 100%. If the CPU is bottlenecking it means it's running at 100% while the GPU isn't, or vice versa. I don't think that's ever the case. I think a lot of it depends on how games are coded and stuff. It's often hard to tell what's bottlenecking what, if anything at all and you need an entire overhaul.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: