Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Halo 5: Guardians (2015)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kiltman


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 15886
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Halo 5: Guardians (2015) Reply with quote

Announced in a blogpost early this morning (Link), Halo 5: Guardians will be hitting the Xbox One marketplace Fall 2015. It also hints that the Spielberg show, also due out Fall 2015, will tie in or rather "enrich the experience"




Bonnie Ross (343i GM) wrote:
Making a “Halo” game that runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we’ve been dreaming of for more than a decade, is non-trivial. It’s a task that we, at 343 Industries, are taking very seriously to ensure we deliver the “Halo” game that fans deserve, and a game that is built from the ground up for Xbox One.


She goes on to talk a bit about crafting a new engine tailored to the Xbox One, and drawing on all their experience thus far as a studio to making Halo 5 their best game to date.

More info on Halo 5: Guardians will be at E3.



At the end she teases 2014 Halo plans perhaps, which is likely at the very least a Halo 2 remake.

Bonnie Ross (343i GM) wrote:
Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that “Halo” fans will be pretty excited about the special plans we have in store.



_________________

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it like halo 2 and it's great. But you gotta include that clan system with custom games and such.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 13272
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giggity. I've been looking for a new game(literally trying every FPS/MMO and I've hated all of them) and this looks great. Dedicated servers?
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 13272
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized this is fall of 2015. Ouch. A year and a half? Hope they take their time with it and make it a great game. I haven't really liked a Halo since Halo 3 to be honest.
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 17122
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Spartan featured in the box art is a all new male character. Since he has an ONI patch on his armor, it's speculated that he and MC will be antagonists for one another in this game. Can't wait to hear more about this at E3!
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 124 SACK: 6 FF: 2 INT: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34671
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
The new Spartan featured in the box art is a all new male character. Since he has an ONI patch on his armor, it's speculated that he and MC will be antagonists for one another in this game. Can't wait to hear more about this at E3!


Cool, Halo 4's characters were very boring and forgetful. They did a poor job of making Palmer and that one dude interesting.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34671
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
The new Spartan featured in the box art is a all new male character. Since he has an ONI patch on his armor, it's speculated that he and MC will be antagonists for one another in this game. Can't wait to hear more about this at E3!


https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/statuses/467343003385098240
Quote:
For everyone speculating about the mysterious Spartan in Halo 5: Guardians, he’s not Palmer (or Cortana!). He’s a NEW character. :) #Halo

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34671
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still want the at least the Arbiter to make a come back, potentially the Flood too, but I can understand if they want to steer away from that route.

Oh one last thing, give the grunts back their old sound files where they were funny, not this buzzy noise speaking they do.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiltman


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 15886
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Still want the at least the Arbiter to make a come back, potentially the Flood too, but I can understand if they want to steer away from that route.

Arby...yes, he should definetly come back in some fashion.

Hell no to the flood though. Luckily story wise I think we are safe from that.
_________________

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 17122
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
The new Spartan featured in the box art is a all new male character. Since he has an ONI patch on his armor, it's speculated that he and MC will be antagonists for one another in this game. Can't wait to hear more about this at E3!


Cool, Halo 4's characters were very boring and forgetful. They did a poor job of making Palmer and that one dude interesting.




I actually really liked the Halo 4 campaign, to me it's one of the best.

I hope we see the Arbiter and some good Elites too, since not all of them broke away from the truce. And yeah rather than the Flood I rather see new enemies.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 124 SACK: 6 FF: 2 INT: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 27634
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
The new Spartan featured in the box art is a all new male character. Since he has an ONI patch on his armor, it's speculated that he and MC will be antagonists for one another in this game. Can't wait to hear more about this at E3!


Cool, Halo 4's characters were very boring and forgetful. They did a poor job of making Palmer and that one dude interesting.




I actually really liked the Halo 4 campaign, to me it's one of the best.

I hope we see the Arbiter and some good Elites too, since not all of them broke away from the truce. And yeah rather than the Flood I rather see new enemies.


I liked Halo 4, but mostly because of Cortana. It was weird, but honestly, I think I was just impressed by the graphics the whole time lol
_________________

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34671
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
The new Spartan featured in the box art is a all new male character. Since he has an ONI patch on his armor, it's speculated that he and MC will be antagonists for one another in this game. Can't wait to hear more about this at E3!


Cool, Halo 4's characters were very boring and forgetful. They did a poor job of making Palmer and that one dude interesting.




I actually really liked the Halo 4 campaign, to me it's one of the best.

I hope we see the Arbiter and some good Elites too, since not all of them broke away from the truce. And yeah rather than the Flood I rather see new enemies.


I liked Halo 4, but mostly because of Cortana. It was weird, but honestly, I think I was just impressed by the graphics the whole time lol


One thing I feel like the Prometheans were missing and need, is something that really makes you stop and fear it. They don't have anything like a Hunter that makes you go "oh crap we gotta kill this thing? SHEEEIT"
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 27634
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
The new Spartan featured in the box art is a all new male character. Since he has an ONI patch on his armor, it's speculated that he and MC will be antagonists for one another in this game. Can't wait to hear more about this at E3!


Cool, Halo 4's characters were very boring and forgetful. They did a poor job of making Palmer and that one dude interesting.




I actually really liked the Halo 4 campaign, to me it's one of the best.

I hope we see the Arbiter and some good Elites too, since not all of them broke away from the truce. And yeah rather than the Flood I rather see new enemies.


I liked Halo 4, but mostly because of Cortana. It was weird, but honestly, I think I was just impressed by the graphics the whole time lol


One thing I feel like the Prometheans were missing and need, is something that really makes you stop and fear it. They don't have anything like a Hunter that makes you go "oh crap we gotta kill this thing? SHEEEIT"


To be fair, the knights were a pain in the butt on Legendary, but I get what you are saying. Its been a while since I played H4 campaign, but honestly, all I remember is the intro cutscene and of course Cortana going nutso lol.
_________________

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34671
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
The new Spartan featured in the box art is a all new male character. Since he has an ONI patch on his armor, it's speculated that he and MC will be antagonists for one another in this game. Can't wait to hear more about this at E3!


Cool, Halo 4's characters were very boring and forgetful. They did a poor job of making Palmer and that one dude interesting.




I actually really liked the Halo 4 campaign, to me it's one of the best.

I hope we see the Arbiter and some good Elites too, since not all of them broke away from the truce. And yeah rather than the Flood I rather see new enemies.


I liked Halo 4, but mostly because of Cortana. It was weird, but honestly, I think I was just impressed by the graphics the whole time lol


One thing I feel like the Prometheans were missing and need, is something that really makes you stop and fear it. They don't have anything like a Hunter that makes you go "oh crap we gotta kill this thing? SHEEEIT"


To be fair, the knights were a pain in the butt on Legendary, but I get what you are saying. Its been a while since I played H4 campaign, but honestly, all I remember is the intro cutscene and of course Cortana going nutso lol.


I beat it on Legendary Solo without TOO much frustration, but there weren't really any parts that stood out to me, except maybe the part where you had to turn on the guns to shoot the didacts orb thingy. I guess not every Halo game can have the awesomeness of the Scarab Level(s) in halo 2 starting with where you drive a Tank across that bridge like a boss.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 17122
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
The new Spartan featured in the box art is a all new male character. Since he has an ONI patch on his armor, it's speculated that he and MC will be antagonists for one another in this game. Can't wait to hear more about this at E3!


Cool, Halo 4's characters were very boring and forgetful. They did a poor job of making Palmer and that one dude interesting.




I actually really liked the Halo 4 campaign, to me it's one of the best.

I hope we see the Arbiter and some good Elites too, since not all of them broke away from the truce. And yeah rather than the Flood I rather see new enemies.


I liked Halo 4, but mostly because of Cortana. It was weird, but honestly, I think I was just impressed by the graphics the whole time lol


One thing I feel like the Prometheans were missing and need, is something that really makes you stop and fear it. They don't have anything like a Hunter that makes you go "oh crap we gotta kill this thing? SHEEEIT"


To be fair, the knights were a pain in the butt on Legendary, but I get what you are saying. Its been a while since I played H4 campaign, but honestly, all I remember is the intro cutscene and of course Cortana going nutso lol.


I beat it on Legendary Solo without TOO much frustration, but there weren't really any parts that stood out to me, except maybe the part where you had to turn on the guns to shoot the didacts orb thingy. I guess not every Halo game can have the awesomeness of the Scarab Level(s) in halo 2 starting with where you drive a Tank across that bridge like a boss.




Yeah the Knights were rough on legendary. I agree though in that there could be some more diversity in their ranks.

Does anyone else miss Brutes? I kinda miss filling them full of lead in campaign.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 124 SACK: 6 FF: 2 INT: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group