Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Assassin's Creed Unity & Rogue
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rase

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Assassin's Creed Unity & Rogue Reply with quote

http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-unity-1548787893

http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-reveal-one-of-this-falls-two-assassins-1547111652

Unity:
-The game is set during the French Revolution.

-Will be out only on PS4,X1 and PC

-"We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years "

- Parkour Up/Parkour Down buttons

-Available Holiday 2014

Comet:

-Available on Xbox360 and PS3

-Set in London?

Last edited by Rase on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised how much fun I had with Black Flag after how disappointing AC3 was for me.

The French Revolution setting doesn't particularly grab me though.
After 6 AC titles (didn't play liberation) I've found that its more how good the Ancestor is and not the setting that goes a LNG way to telling if it'll be good or not.
Altair and Connor both were quiet and boring, while Ezio and Edward were fun to play as.
If they build on some of the systems that were in AC4 they'll be heading in the right direction.

I like that its only XB1/PS4/PC though.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
Rase

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
I was surprised how much fun I had with Black Flag after how disappointing AC3 was for me.

After 6 AC titles (didn't play liberation) I've found that its more how good the Ancestor is and not the setting that goes a LNG way to telling if it'll be good or not.
Altair and Connor both were quiet and boring, while Ezio and Edward were fun to play as.
If they build on some of the systems that were in AC4 they'll be heading in the right direction.

I wouldn't put Altair in the same category as Connor... The problem with was that AC told the story of the Assassin order during crusades, while every other game told the story of one character. The battle between Assassins and Templars was a key part of the plot in AC1 and a subplot in other games. Black Flag is the best example, as Edward was never an assassin and he focused only on his mission.
What I'm saying is that every other assassins during Altair period could have been the protagonist because the game didn't focus a ton on character development.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly, there is a separate Assassin's Creed out this year for 360/PS3 set in London in addition to this game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

called it

well kinda. I thought the assassin would be connor

VikingsFan51 wrote:
OHIO just totally stole my thunder. Took my milkshake and ate it too

Twitter: @snelld58
Rase

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
Supposedly, there is a separate Assassin's Creed out this year for 360/PS3 set in London in addition to this game.

AC Comet

Never heard of the game being set in London... Do you have a link?

Glad I still have my PS3 Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

I wouldn't put Altair in the same category as Connor... The problem with was that AC told the story of the Assassin order during crusades, while every other game told the story of one character. The battle between Assassins and Templars was a key part of the plot in AC1 and a subplot in other games. Black Flag is the best example, as Edward was never an assassin and he focused only on his mission.
What I'm saying is that every other assassins during Altair period could have been the protagonist because the game didn't focus a ton on character development.

Yea I'd agree with that.

Probably should've separated my thoughts out. AC1 got very repetitive and the lack of a strong protagonist didn't help. If Altair had been one I think it would've been a better game. Or at least more enjoyable.

Whereas AC3 had a great setting, and a decent story in the past (present day story wasn't good)...but the boringness of Connor really took away from it.

Neither one was the sole cause of those games not being great, but they could've helped a lot had they been.

But yea Connor was the only one who took away from a game. I'd agree with that.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played AC1, Brotherhood, and Black Flag. The only one I like is Black Flag, so if they can build off of that I'll get it. Though I think I liked Black Flag moreso because it was more of a pirate game than an AC game. And I really liked Edward as a protagonist.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This franchise is becoming so watered down with yearly releases. Perhaps if they didnt rush these games they could create great games as opposed to a bunch or mediocre to decent ones.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
This franchise is becoming so watered down with yearly releases. Perhaps if they didnt rush these games they could create great games as opposed to a bunch or mediocre to decent ones.

Pretty much this. I get that "well because of the teams involved each game actually has a three year dev cycle" but it's using the same engine, plot concepts, characterization and overall feel that the series has used since it's inception WAAAAAAAAAY back in 2007.

They need to let it sit for a while and make some drastic changes to the formula otherwise it's just... well, the same game it always is.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Pretty much this. I get that "well because of the teams involved each game actually has a three year dev cycle" but it's using the same engine, plot concepts, characterization and overall feel that the series has used since it's inception WAAAAAAAAAY back in 2007.

They need to let it sit for a while and make some drastic changes to the formula otherwise it's just... well, the same game it always is.

Agreed. It's why I haven't bought ACIV yet. They should alternate it with another release, or at least release one every other year. But having one come out every year is just overkill at this point IMO.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't really liked an Assassins Creed game since Brotherhood. Revelations was okay, 3 was bad, 4 I can't get into the whole pirate thing, too many games have gone that direction lately. I like the French revolution setting. Only other game that's been in that mantra sort of lately would be Dishonored, even that's debatable.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have liked just about every AC that has come out. AC3 was the worst out of the bunch but I still enjoyed it. I thought Black Flag was fantastic and am excited about the new games coming out. As someone who is really into history I love being in the different time periods.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
I have liked just about every AC that has come out. AC3 was the worst out of the bunch but I still enjoyed it. I thought Black Flag was fantastic and am excited about the new games coming out. As someone who is really into history I love being in the different time periods.

Its definitely a cool concept and the games arent BAD, but IMO, it has alot more potential, but they are trying to turn it into a yearly franchise, and most franchises that go that direction end up suffering.

Sports games are the only games IMO that should be yearly franchises, and even those I think would benefit from release once every 2-3 years with merely having a massive roster update. Unfortunately, as long as people are willing to fork over $60 every year for a roster update and slight upgrades in other phases, there is no reason not to release a full game every year.

I guess the same goes for Assassins Creed. Confused

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

Its definitely a cool concept and the games arent BAD, but IMO, it has alot more potential, but they are trying to turn it into a yearly franchise, and most franchises that go that direction end up suffering.

Sports games are the only games IMO that should be yearly franchises, and even those I think would benefit from release once every 2-3 years with merely having a massive roster update. Unfortunately, as long as people are willing to fork over $60 every year for a roster update and slight upgrades in other phases, there is no reason not to release a full game every year.

I guess the same goes for Assassins Creed. Confused

And like, the thing is, while they all might be in "different eras" they are all the same game, other than the difference between I and II the differences between the rest are negligible. You run around a bunch of medium sized European styled cities, recently you run around on trees, you use the same combat system the game has had since it's inception, you meet the same assorted cast of historical figures because they all have to be involved somehow because plot.

Are the eras really so different? I mean the architecture and set pieces might be different, but at their core, it's all the same game just glossed over with a new set of paint.

And I guess that's enough for a lot of people but, I'm sick of playing Assassins Creed II already. So I probably won't be buying another one of these for the foreseeable future.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: