Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Gaming Talk & News #4
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Random Gaming Talk & News #4 Reply with quote

Last one hit a hundo, didn't feel like waiting. Figured I'd just put up #4.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Cool

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
HighHopes

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Random Gaming Talk & News #4 Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Wow, Rude.... Laughing

Okay guys just 100+ more to catch up to WAYTA lol
HighHopes

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Random Gaming Talk & News #4 Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Wow, Rude.... Laughing
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently Nintendo is getting rid of Wi-Fi for Wii and DS?

Basically your system is now half useless now.

RIP Robin Williams
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Just finished Link Between Worlds. That game was fantastic. It's been so long since I've played a Zelda game, I forgot just how engaging and enjoyable they are.

LBW is the best Zelda game in years as well. Skyward Sword was good but it just doesn't have that pure joy that is a great Zelda game.

I'm planning on picking up Wolfenstein, I guess I'm in the minority but if a game has a good narrative and good gameplay, I'm willing to plop $50 on it (won't pay $60 even if it had tacked on multi-player, buying a game brand new is reserved for stuff I plan on sinking countless hours into). I like a good SP game, I think it's worth the money if it's good enough.

Link Between Worlds was absolutely fantastic. I loved that game.

I'm in the same boat as you with Wolfenstein. I don't play mutliplayer very much, I buy games for SP. I picked up Wolfenstein today and have really been enjoying it. I've read the reviews, and disagree with most of the cons listed by the bigger review sites. It is what it is: A nostalgic game that doesn't take itself too seriously. 1960's Nazi mech's, genetically enhanced Nazi's, robotically enhanced k-9's, lots of blood... it's a great shoot em up game that any fan of the old Wolfenstein should enjoy. I love the fact that they gave the game a different touch by giving you a stealthy option to play through if you wish, and they actually develop Blazkowicz's character. I also love the fact that loot is everywhere, and you can hold all your guns at the same time. It adds to the nostalgic shoot-em up style.

Overall, the game is just fun. It's not super amazing, it doesn't excel particularly great in any one area except in the fun factor. It's just a fun game to play. I don't mind paying the full price, because this is one of the things I look for in a video game. Nostaligic and fun without any real defects to drag it down.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:

Its not like wii online was something special.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:

With the Wii you actually have to buy an adapter to use a wired connection. So now I guess you'll need that to play online at all?
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

With the Wii you actually have to buy an adapter to use a wired connection. So now I guess you'll need that to play online at all?

If so, that's arguably even more screwed up than Microsoft adding Early Termination Fees to Xbox Live.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:

This seriously bums me out. But it just shows how out of touch Nintendo is.

And hey, Frac made #2 and Kilt made #3, who said a mod had to open #4? Wink
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Just finished Link Between Worlds. That game was fantastic. It's been so long since I've played a Zelda game, I forgot just how engaging and enjoyable they are.

LBW is the best Zelda game in years as well. Skyward Sword was good but it just doesn't have that pure joy that is a great Zelda game.

I'm planning on picking up Wolfenstein, I guess I'm in the minority but if a game has a good narrative and good gameplay, I'm willing to plop $50 on it (won't pay $60 even if it had tacked on multi-player, buying a game brand new is reserved for stuff I plan on sinking countless hours into). I like a good SP game, I think it's worth the money if it's good enough.

Link Between Worlds was absolutely fantastic. I loved that game.

I'm in the same boat as you with Wolfenstein. I don't play mutliplayer very much, I buy games for SP. I picked up Wolfenstein today and have really been enjoying it. I've read the reviews, and disagree with most of the cons listed by the bigger review sites. It is what it is: A nostalgic game that doesn't take itself too seriously. 1960's Nazi mech's, genetically enhanced Nazi's, robotically enhanced k-9's, lots of blood... it's a great shoot em up game that any fan of the old Wolfenstein should enjoy. I love the fact that they gave the game a different touch by giving you a stealthy option to play through if you wish, and they actually develop Blazkowicz's character. I also love the fact that loot is everywhere, and you can hold all your guns at the same time. It adds to the nostalgic shoot-em up style.

Overall, the game is just fun. It's not super amazing, it doesn't excel particularly great in any one area except in the fun factor. It's just a fun game to play. I don't mind paying the full price, because this is one of the things I look for in a video game. Nostaligic and fun without any real defects to drag it down.

Out of all the issues I had with the new Goldeneye game. The fact that you could only hold two guns at a time bugged me to NO END! Laughing
TheChad

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much exclusively a single player gamer, but the lack of MP in Wolfenstein is still a little bit odd to me. Maybe because one of the few MP games I really got into was Return to Castle Wolfenstein, 10+ years ago.

I'm happy to pay full price for a single player game I think I'll really enjoy and can play several times, but I'm not so sure this is special enough for me. Probably the kind of thing I'll pick up for $10-$20 down the line.

Considering picking up Transistor. I really enjoyed Bastion so I'm curious to see what the devs came up with this time.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

If so, that's arguably even more screwed up than Microsoft adding Early Termination Fees to Xbox Live.

I'm confused. How can you get rid of WiFi? it's not a service, it's a hardware. That's like saying, Sony is getting rid of the controller. I think what it means is it's shutting down servers for those games. You can't get rid of WiFi.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

I'm confused. How can you get rid of WiFi? it's not a service, it's a hardware. That's like saying, Sony is getting rid of the controller. I think what it means is it's shutting down servers for those games. You can't get rid of WiFi.

In theory, you could 'sneak in' a "block" in an update that blocks your sytem from being capable of connecting with Wi-Fi.

But ultimately, people will likely still be able to use Net Flix and the like. Which is something I used heavily on Wii before I sold it and got a PS3.

But for people who prefer to play online with Wii, well, that's going to be gone because basically what they're saying is that they're eliminating game servers, aka, you can cannot connect to game servers to play against other users anymore.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

In theory, you could 'sneak in' a "block" in an update that blocks your sytem from being capable of connecting with Wi-Fi.

Yea, I suppose you can do a firmware update to do that. But why the hell would anyone bother doing that and what purpose would that serve? Laughing

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: