Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mortal Kombat X (2015)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Mortal Kombat X (2015) Reply with quote

Developer: NetherRealm
Release Date: 2015

Platforms: Xbox One, PS4, PC, 360, and PS3

Announcement Trailer

NS922 wrote:
Press release:

Quote:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, NetherRealm Studios’ next highly anticipated installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise that propels the iconic franchise into a new generation. Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC. Mortal Kombat X will make its first public appearance at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014 in Los Angeles.

“Mortal Kombat is our acclaimed, world-renowned franchise and we are now advancing the fighting genre with Mortal Kombat X,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is best in class at delivering games fans love and they are taking their iconic brand to the next level with Mortal Kombat X."

“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilise the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”

Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion

Last edited by Kiltman on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
NS922

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press release:

Quote:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, NetherRealm Studios’ next highly anticipated installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise that propels the iconic franchise into a new generation. Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC. Mortal Kombat X will make its first public appearance at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014 in Los Angeles.

“Mortal Kombat is our acclaimed, world-renowned franchise and we are now advancing the fighting genre with Mortal Kombat X,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is best in class at delivering games fans love and they are taking their iconic brand to the next level with Mortal Kombat X."

“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilise the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”

Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

More coming up at E3

#JDI
McNabbs Beef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross-gen release? That's disappointing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbs Beef wrote:

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I like the Mortal Kombat games on the SNES way better than all the current versions. This game is just went to be played 2D, IMO. I like the recent Street Fighter games, just not the MK ones. Same thing with the Mario and Sonic games... I love the newer Mario's (N64 and up) and the older ones. For Sonic, I love the original Sega ones and none of the 3D ones.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
McNabbs Beef wrote:

Why?

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
McNabbs Beef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
McNabbs Beef wrote:

Why?
I'm assuming that the previous gen of consoles will hold back the game in terms of features, content, and even graphics since they won't be able to optimize it fully.

Maybe I'm wrong, though, because it is only a fighting game. It doesn't seem like this genre typically pushes the hardware to it's limits.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That announcement trailer looks freaking awesome. I'm not a huge fan of fighting games but I will definitely be purchasing this.

Duke '14-15 tracker: 14-0 (2-0 ACC); #2 AP, #2 Coaches Poll
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbs Beef wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
McNabbs Beef wrote:

Why?
I'm assuming that the previous gen of consoles will hold back the game in terms of features, content, and even graphics since they won't be able to optimize it fully.

Maybe I'm wrong, though, because it is only a fighting game. It doesn't seem like this genre typically pushes the hardware to it's limits.

Machinima is assuming that on next gen it will utilize the new Unreal 4 engine, while on last gen it will still be using the Unreal 3 engine.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 124 SACK: 6 FF: 2 INT: 0
atown703

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying my ps4 in august so hopefully I won't have to wait to long for this. IK it says 2015 but is their any speculation of what month it could be released?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fan art but pretty sick idea.

Mack on the sig
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for this. Seriously. Few things in life get me as excited as a new Mortal Kombat.

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
justo wrote:
Seahawks tears sounds nice.

The best Seahawks tears will be when they move to Oklahoma City.
atown703

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
I can't wait for this. Seriously. Few things in life get me as excited as a new Mortal Kombat.
this is a must pre order for me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gore, I must play this......

“If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable."
-Kendrick Lamar
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to whoop your guy's asses with my Sub Zero skills.... Twisted Evil

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
justo wrote:
Seahawks tears sounds nice.

The best Seahawks tears will be when they move to Oklahoma City.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: