Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tampa Bay Rays Relocation Watch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewAge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Tampa Bay Rays Relocation Watch Reply with quote

Quote:
@JonHeymanCBS: st pete council voting this aft whether to allow #rays to investigate tampa bay area stadium sites. close vote expected

For those unaware, the Rays unfortunately play in St. Petersburg, Florida. They would like to relocate to Tampa Bay or elsewhere.
NewAge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RMooneyTBO: St. Pete city council rejects #rays stadium proposal

Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Rays, but it's time to move them. St Pete can now deal with having no pro team near them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:
I like the Rays, but it's time to move them. St Pete can now deal with having no pro team near them.

I think they should leave the state entirely. I think Charlotte, Omaha, and Oklahoma City can be potential landing spots for them.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

I think they should leave the state entirely. I think Charlotte, Omaha, and Oklahoma City can be potential landing spots for them.

I think Charlotte makes a lot of sense - growing city, excellent economic stability that continues to grow. They help support the Panthers, and though they lost the Hornets, they got them back and I feel that they could support a baseball team. Omaha and Oklahoma City I'm sort of meh on.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
NewAge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
NewAge wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

I think Charlotte makes a lot of sense - growing city, excellent economic stability that continues to grow. They help support the Panthers, and though they lost the Hornets, they got them back and I feel that they could support a baseball team. Omaha and Oklahoma City I'm sort of meh on.

Omaha seems to bave a strong baseball culture with the College World Series and all. They already have TD Ameritrade Stadium in place.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
Forge wrote:
NewAge wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

Omaha seems to bave a strong baseball culture with the College World Series and all. They already have TD Ameritrade Stadium in place.

Hadn't really thought about the stadium and everything - was thinking more population and economy, but that's a good point. Wonder if the baseball would ever go back to Canada...

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas maybe?
I see a guy that has a great attitude and spirit, but I don't see (and I have never seen) a top-10 all-time QB. I see a guy who has ridden that team, and is a product of Belichick and another person in the shadows :lol:
NewAge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
NewAge wrote:
Forge wrote:
NewAge wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

Hadn't really thought about the stadium and everything - was thinking more population and economy, but that's a good point. Wonder if the baseball would ever go back to Canada...

Well, the Blue Jays are still around. Wink

I suppose Montreal is a possibility though.
NewAge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Doyle Rules wrote:
Dallas maybe?

The Rangers play in that market.
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the Mets are relocating to AAA

#JDI
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo. Please.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard Montreal is looking to get a team back there. I would love to see that

Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
NewAge wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

As a Rays fan, I couldn't agree more. I never understood how we've gone this long, without a team in the Carolinas. Charlotte would be a great landing spot and could be very profitable.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Forge wrote:
NewAge wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

As a Rays fan, I couldn't agree more. I never understood how we've gone this long, without a team in the Carolinas. Charlotte would be a great landing spot and could be very profitable.

That would be amazing tbh. I'd be so happy. Rays fans unite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: