Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Team Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas Cowboys Needs

Major Needs

1. CB - This could change if Jenkins returns to Pro Bowl form. Scandrick is locked up for five years and will likely start this season or next in place of Terence Newman.

2. Safety - I don't see Sensabaugh sticking around past this season. We've lacked a truly great all-around player at safety since the days of Darren Woodson and it sure would be nice to finally get a guy who we can depend on for a decade.

3. Kicker - Unless Dan Bailey pans out this season, kicker will be a big need next year.

Minor Needs

1. Defensive End - The team has Spears and Coleman as its starters, with Hatcher and Lissemore as backups. I'd like to see the team try and add someone who could be a long-term starter opposite Spears.

2. Right Guard - Garrett does appear to be high on David Arkin, so he'll likely get a shot to start next season but I could also see the team using a mid-round pick on a guy for competition at least.

3. Nose Guard - Ratliff has just been a liability in the run game the past few years and I'd really love to see the team add a prototypical run-stuffer in the middle of the D. We have Brent; a solid back-up, behind Jay right now, but he appears to be just that.

4. Inside Linebacker - As of right now, we have only three (James, Lee, Carter) who will likely be with the team next year. Carter and Lee are the future at the position, so more or less a solid backup would be needed.

No Need

1. Running Back - We're set with Jones, Murray, Choice and Tanner.

2. Wide Receiver - Bryant and Austin are the starters, Ogletree is the slot guy and Harris and Holley are two young players who have shown a lot of potential.

3. Tight End - Witten is still going strong and we have Phillips, Bennett and Rucker behind him.

^^^mack
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit Lions

1) Left Tackle - Jeff Backus turns 34 this week and his contract is up at the end of the year, making it pretty likely he retires. It's possible they let Jason Fox take the job over, but he was a 4th round pick just last year and has had trouble staying healthy for a while, not to mention his lack of experience.

2) Middle or Outside Linebacker - Our current LB starters are credible at the very least, but Stephen Tulloch is one a one-year deal and might demand too much money to keep around for the long term. DeAndre Levy is capable of playing middle or outside linebacker, so depending on what we do with Tulloch in the offseason, we might need to acquire a starter at one of those two positions.

3) Cornerback - Eric Wright is signed to a one-year deal and we don't have a true #1 corner on the roster. Chris Houston has played admirably in his year-and-two games here, but he can't really handle the better WRs in the league without help. Our depth is okay with Alphonso Smith and Aaron Berry, but it would be good to add a player with real upside.

4) Right Tackle - Gosder Cherilus has been underwhelming and has a propensity for committing really bad penalties. He was benched for the Kansas City game, and although he is back practicing with the first stringers, he seems to be on a short leash.

5) Right Guard - Stephen Peterman is sometimes capable of playing at a high level and is signed for at least a couple more years, but he's often injured, sometimes commits bad penalties, and doesn't get a whole lot of production as a run blocker.

6) Center - Dominic Raiola is 32 years old and probably has a good shot to remain the starter next year, but drafting a prospect to learn behind him wouldn't be a bad idea.

7) Defensive End - Our DE corps is pretty good, but Kyle Vanden Bosch is getting older and Cliff Avril is also playing on a one-year tender. I believe Avril will be re-signed, but I'm just worried about how long Vanden Bosch will be able to hold up.

Cool Backup QB - Shaun Hill is a free agent next offseason and with Stafford's injury history, it makes sense to either keep him or find another quality backup.

9) Kicker - Another one dependent on what we do with Jason Hanson. He's still one of the best kickers in the league even at 41, but he could retire at the end of the season.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
BBando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs
Offensive line help. Anywhere besides RG and LT.
Change of pace back
Speedy WR
A CB
Both Safeties(changes if Tanard is back)
finsyanksmancs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins

QB - Do I really need to explain?

S - We consistently can't cover TEs and Bell is getting a bit long in the tooth

Pass Rusher - We haven't be able to get the the QB consistently, or at all this season. Wake can't do everything himself

G/RT - Line could be better, LT and C are obviously set

TE - Fasano is fine but we could use someone more athletic to get down the field.

Sig by: PatsDynasty21
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top priority:

Pass rushing DE (4-3)
Safety
Guard/Center

Moderate:

4-3 OLB
WR

Low:

MLB
CB

Mack on the sig
jagsr4real

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jags needs following week 2

1A: WR<--we need a wr opposite of mike thomas

1B: CB<--mathis is old and could be let go as a fa and cox has been slightly injury plauged.

1C: DE<--kampman still isnt healthy, and mincey/roth are both free agents. if we resign one it goes down slightly.

2A: C<--meester is Old as heck and could be replaced

2B: OT<--Monroe has played good the last 2 games but britton seems to have the injury bug. Britton also has the ability to play guard so its not that bad if we take a Tackle early.

3: Backup QB<--mccown is garbage and is a FA. we need someone to play backup for gabbert. a developmental qb would be sufficient as i think we go with a vet for backup.

IN Blaine Gabbert I Trust

[quote="Adrenaline_Flux"] I'd rather have Katy Perry, but I'd be more than happy with Aimee Teegarden.[/quote] give me aimee all day
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAMS

1. WR
2. CB
3. OLB

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS 9-28-11

OG-upgrade needed badly!
OC-upgrade needed badly!
WR-the guys we have now arent bad, but we dont have the #1 WR teams need.
LB-Urlacher and Briggs are in their 30s and arent getting younger. While they're playing at a high level, we will need replacements for them.
CB-Tillman is also in his 30s. He's playing at a high level as well, but we lack talent around him and someone to replace him
FS/SS-lack of talent, seems like our safeties keep getting injured all the time.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1A. Wide Receiver
1B. S
2. CB
3. OC/LG/RT
4. LB

OC is a need primarily because Jeff Saturday is getting old and we don't have any viable replacement for him. RT and OG depends on how Ijalana fits in. B is more of a depth position IMO.

EDIT: Now that Gary Brackett and Melvin Bullit out, I think there's a good chance that S becomes our top need with LB moving up to 3.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen loads of drafts giving us a OT when we really don't need one. Jared Veldheer has been excellent at LT so far and we have a few young RT's who will be given a shot at the job before we draft one.

Major Needs:
1. Defensive Tackle - Tommy Kelly and Seymour are both 30+ and are getting on now. both are poor against the run aswell. Lamarr houston will probably move into DT position but we need a long term replacemnt for Seymour.

2. Defensive End - Struggled get pressure from our front four and considering we only rush 4 mostly this has been a problem for us this year. Jarvis Moss has done well but not sure he can keep it up.

3. Cornerback - Obiouvsly losing Nnamdi has set us back and we need a #2 cornerback. Rookie Chekwa has done well so far though so CB might not be a first round need.

4. OLB - Quetin Grooves is pretty poor really.

4. Right Guard - Cooper Carilse is 34 and we only Bruce Campbell as his back up, he hasn't seen much field time though so not sure he is up to it.
jagsr4real

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jags week 4 needs:

1: WR<--our offense is lacking because of our passing offense. no way can we pass up jeffery or Blackmon.
2: DE<--we could use a pass-rushing end
3: CB<--a nice corner to challenge our starters would be great
4: OT<--britton could be moved to guard and we need some better protection for gabbert.
5: P<--matt Turk sucks butt
6: C<--we dont have a clear prospect to replace Meester on the roster

IN Blaine Gabbert I Trust

[quote="Adrenaline_Flux"] I'd rather have Katy Perry, but I'd be more than happy with Aimee Teegarden.[/quote] give me aimee all day
49ers_52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on page 6

Last edited by 49ers_52 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 7 times in total
KILLER LIONZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Needs

LT - Backus is 34 and has really dropped off this year. We need to protect Stafford so he doesn't get blindsided anymore.

CB - We need to draft a true number one corner to take away opponents top receivers. Wright has looked good but is only on a one year contract. Houston is an elite #2 corner but can't take the top recievers in the league on his own.

Needs

DE - KVB won't be around much longer, and I think we are going to sign Tulloch to a long term contract, so I don't know if there will be enough to sign avril too with Megatrons contract up next year.

RG - We really need to replace Peterman, he gets no push in the run game and is pretty bad an pass protection too.

C - Raiola is getting old and can't get any push in the run game.

RT - Gosder takes stupid penalties and is too inconsistent.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me update this through the first 5 weeks for Minnesota.

Top needs, in order.

1. LT - Charlie Johnson has been dreadful at LT and there isnt anyone on the roster to push him to the bench

2. WR - MN lacks a receiver who can make plays down the field. Percy Harvin and Michael Jenkins are both excellent possession receivers, but Berrian has continued to disappoint. No need for another possession receiver, MN needs an explosive threat.

3. SS - Jamarca Sanford is a major weak link on the defense. Tyrell Johnson, who splits reps at SS, has been just as bad.

4. CB - Cedric Griffin has played poorly (I think he should be the SS), and Antoine Winfield is very old. Chris Cook is a pleasant surprise at LCB and has a nice future. With Griffin tearing knee ligaments in two consecutive seasons, I think his days at CB are numbered.

5. MLB - EJ Henderson is a free agent who has played horribly in coverage. I am confident in Jasper Brinkley having to start, or even Xavier Adibi. I dont think MLB is very important in the Vikes defense so long as you can fill gaps in run support and have some decent range in coverage. The Vikes front 4 does a good enough job to stuff the run and Chad Greenway is usually racking up tackles anyway. Coverage LBs are a necessity for MN.

6. OG - Steve Hutchinson and Anthony Herrera are both old and MN's only backup guard is Joe Berger. MN is desperate for youth here.

7. C - John Sullivan is still below average, but i'm not ready to give up on him. Brandon Fusco also is an intriguing young player, so i think these two will continue to duke it out for the starting job.

8. TE - Shiancoe and Kleinsasser are free agents, MN loves 2 and 3 TE sets, so I would expect MN to add another TE in the draft. Kyle Rudolph looks promising, but id love to pair a Dallas Clark/Jermichael Finley/Aaron Hernandez type with him.

9. DT - Low priority need. Letroy Guion and Remi Ayodele are a solid platoon opposite of Kevin Williams. Christian Ballard is another good rotational guy. Cant help but think about life after Kevin Williams though, and Remi Ayodele is making several million. It would be nice to part ways with Ayodele and get a cheaper replacement.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Needs

1. 3-4 Outside Linebacker
Calvin Pace will be 31 on Friday with two years left on his contract. Bryan Thomas torn Achilles could be the end of his career, and it's clear that Aaron Maybin is a situational player only (as is Jamaal Westermann). The Jets need a legit pass rushing outside linebacker in a 3-4.

2. Free Safety
Eric Smith can move in the box, but his coverage skills really just aren't that good. The Jets could really use a taller safety, but the key is they need a centerfielder at this position.

3. Wide Receiver
The odds that Plaxico Burress stays past this season is slim, and there is virtually no experience at receiver after him. The Jets may go after another free agent here, but if a top flight receiver is available it's a go.

4. Right Tackle
Despite Wayne Hunter's contract extension in the off-season, it's worth a manageable 3.25 million dollars a year. He's struggled in pass protection so far this season, and if it continues the Jets could be looking to add someone here. Hunter's contract is fully guaranteed in 2011, but the Jets aren't committed financially beyond this season. If he continues to struggle the Jets will have to make a move here.

Moderate Needs
1. Offensive Guard
Brandon Moore's been struggling with health and consistency so far this season while Matt Slauson has been seriously inconsistent all year. It's not a lock, but if the Jets can find an upgrade here they will.

2. Blocking Tight End
Ben Hartsock was released due to cap reasons, but he was a valuable role player and the Jets clearly are missing him with no viable pure blocking tight end on the roster.

3. Scat Back
If an elite scat back is available in the first couple of rounds then the Jets will take a shot here, but otherwise they've drafted running backs in 2009, 2010, and 2011. They definitely don't need to add one unless it's a speed/scat/receiver type that is BPA.

Probably Not Worth a Pick

1. Quarterback
Unless Mark Sanchez gets injured or completely falls apart at the end of the season it's unlikely the Jets draft another quarterback at any point. McElroy should return in the #3 role next season.

2. Nose Tackle
Unless Kenrick Ellis gets deported, we won't need this.

3. 3-4 Defensive End
Muhammed Wilkerson and Mike DeVito are locked in as starters and there's plenty of depth with Potouiti and Dixon.

4. Cornerback
Maybe a late round pick, but the Jets are locked into their top three corners for at least two years on their contracts and they've all been excelling in the Jets secondary.

Last edited by Spiel612 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: