Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 - NFC West - Info Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike wrote:
Madmike wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Madmike wrote:
Did anyone get a chance to see the Seattle's first game? Wilson looked like a complete stud. He could end up being the steal of this draft.

You're exaggerating a bit. Plus, it was one pre-season game against back-ups. A bit too early to come to that conclusion.

It's not a conclusion, simply an observation and statement of what he could be. Wilson was under pressure consistently due to a weak line and still performed well. It reminded me a lot of Troy Smith for that 3 or 4 game stretch 2 seasons ago, only more accurate.

Russell Wilson lit it up again last night. He's an exciting, high energy quarterback with loads of potential. It's just too bad that he went to the Seahawks, because he's a joy to watch.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/72433/three-things-revisited-seahawks-chiefs

Quote:
The rookie quarterback led Seattle to three field goals and three touchdowns on his first six possessions. Wilson played another series with the backups.... Wilson completed 13 of 19 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns. He ran twice for 58 yards, including once for a 31-yard gain on third-and-7.

Wilson did look very good. This is the best QB draft class in a while, it's too bad we didn't snag one here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 3 passes were to Sidney Rice vs the CB with no name or experience... Jalil Brown. Guess we'll see.. but so far, not terribly impressed.

Yeah, he's victimizing poor Brown so far. Can't say I blame him for it. Gotta think these passes don't work against a quality CB though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson's their guy

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19929096/russell-wilson-wins-seahawks-starting-qb-job
Jeebs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger9er08 wrote:
Wilson's their guy

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19929096/russell-wilson-wins-seahawks-starting-qb-job

From what I gather from various 'news' reports and FF posters, they just won the Superbowl with this announcement.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
Wilson's their guy

From what I gather from various 'news' reports and FF posters, they just won the Superbowl with this announcement.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

This news only ensures we win the West Wink
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
Wilson's their guy

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

This news only ensures we win the West Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

If not for the wink, I would be saying it was wishful thinking! Razz
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
Wilson's their guy

Wilson was one of the most under-rated qbs coming out last year. Don't know if he will turn out to be "special" or not, but he's good. Kind of surprised he's starting so soon. Must be Flynn is not as good as they thought.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
Wilson's their guy

Wilson was one of the most under-rated qbs coming out last year. Don't know if he will turn out to be "special" or not, but he's good. Kind of surprised he's starting so soon. Must be Flynn is not as good as they thought.
I'm surprised they didn't let Flynn start first. At least let the man play a game before you demote him. I really liked Wilson in college. He was one of my faves coming out and now I have to hope he fails because he plays in Seattle. Laughing I really hope he isn't the real deal because our weakest link on offense is QB IMO. We will not win the west if he does well. They have a nice defense in Seattle too but man, if they can get that offense moving we could be 2nd place.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger9er08 wrote:
Wilson's their guy

I really did not want Wilson to get drafted within the division, because I wanted to root for him. Now I pretty much have too wish he doesn't pan out.

^Kempes^
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
Wilson's their guy

I'm surprised they didn't let Flynn start first. At least let the man play a game before you demote him. I really liked Wilson in college. He was one of my faves coming out and now I have to hope he fails because he plays in Seattle. Laughing I really hope he isn't the real deal because our weakest link on offense is QB IMO. We will not win the west if he does well. They have a nice defense in Seattle too but man, if they can get that offense moving we could be 2nd place.

Some things never change, do they? Rolling Eyes
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
Wilson's their guy

Nope, they don't just like our QB. Rolling Eyes

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
Wilson's their guy

Nope, they don't just like our QB. Rolling Eyes

Really? Before last season, the last time our QB went 13-3 as a starter, threw for 3000+ yards, 17 TDs, 5 INTs, and led a come from behind shootout win in the playoffs was....???

I'd say that's a pretty big change. Unless you mean the person themselves, in which case that changes a lot (S. Hill, T. Smith, Weinke, Carr, Dilfer, O'Sullivan, etc.)

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
Jeebs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
Wilson's their guy

So much irony here..... Laughing
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh:

Clark Judge Twitter:

Quote:
Told by league source Skelton will start for Cards in Week 1. Who starts in Week 17?

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
Madmike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Meh:

Clark Judge Twitter:

Quote:
Told by league source Skelton will start for Cards in Week 1. Who starts in Week 17?

I like the idea of Skelton starting. He is better than Kolb and will win just enough games to keep Arizona from picking in the top 7 picks (Elite qb prospects), but not enough for the playoffs. Winning!

De Oppresso Liber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: