Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A look at our draft position/potential for #1 pick?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: A look at our draft position/potential for #1 pick? Reply with quote

With Oakland closing out SF, Oakland's very strong schedule should cause everyone from picks 2-5 to move up one spot, moving the Jets to pick 4. Now, if we lose to Tennessee and we lose out, we should secure the third overall pick at a minimum (again, depending on strength of schedule). Some things of note though:
-Jax still has to play the Titans, which should be a winnable game for Jax. If above mentioned occurs and Jax does beat the Titans, we're up to #2. So how do we get to one?
-TB needs a victory. They have a rough schedule ahead with Carolina, GB, and N.O. ahead. Considering the erratic play of the Panthers and Saints, would anyone be shocked if TB beat them? If they could, we would secure the #1 pick. The question would be that if we somehow did, what we would do with it. I would assume that we would not make a run at a vet QB, but rather make Mariota (most likely) our #1 pick.

Props to JMG on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want us to lose out but in ways like we did last week and his week. Where we don't look awful during the process. But I can't see us losing to Tennessee. As bad as we are, they're worse. Unless Geno has one of his 3-4 turnover games (which could happen) I think we win. But I do think we get beat pretty bad by Miami and New England.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I want us to lose out but in ways like we did last week and his week. Where we don't look awful during the process. But I can't see us losing to Tennessee. As bad as we are, they're worse. Unless Geno has one of his 3-4 turnover games (which could happen) I think we win. But I do think we get beat pretty bad by Miami and New England.
The Titans are bad, no doubt, but they're point differential isn't far off from ours and they've managed to score more points than us as well. All depends on how Mettenberger plays, but I think they may pull it out. We'll see.

Props to JMG on the sig
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Titans game is a MUST LOSE.....never thought I'd ever say that

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I wanna see us play well in a loss. This Titans game can really hurt our draft stock if we win. Unfortunately I see us winning it.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think we end up beating Tenn. We have been losing but they have just looked awful lately.
BlackandDecker8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennessee is the only game we lose, I mean I wish we lose out, but my god they are god awful, and I actually want these guys to win one, they played their butts off today, Geno played actually decent, but my god I want a top 5 pick and take Shane Ray, Winston, Mariota, or Cooper. We need to inject 3 talented starters into our lineup next year and this is a great way to do it, by getting 3 top 70 picks
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a high pick for either Mariota or Cooper that's it. Anyone else in the top 5 and I'd be disappointed.

TB and Tennessee are the only other teams that will look at QB possibly.
Oakland and Tennessee are the only ones who will look at WR.

Most these teams have awful defenses when we don't really. We just need secondary help. So I do think guys like Gregory and Williams are more likely to go for the teams at the top of the draft. And like every draft LTs go high.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the draft going something like this.

Oakland: Leonard Williams
TB: Marcus Mariota
Jacksonville: Randy Gregory
New York Jets: Amari Cooper

Now even if Tennessee is ahead of us I think they could go Shane Ray or even Jameis Winston.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I want a high pick for either Mariota or Cooper that's it. Anyone else in the top 5 and I'd be disappointed.

TB and Tennessee are the only other teams that will look at QB possibly.
Oakland and Tennessee are the only ones who will look at WR.

Most these teams have awful defenses when we don't really. We just need secondary help. So I do think guys like Gregory and Williams are more likely to go for the teams at the top of the draft. And like every draft LTs go high.
TB could actually look WR. Might sound crazy, but they tried trading V-Jax and if they could, they may want to pair a guy like Cooper with Evans.

Props to JMG on the sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bad news guys. You aren't losing to Tennessee. We've played exactly one one-possession game in the last six weeks. We are tanking, and we are tanking spectacularly. Laughing

Seriously though, odds are we'll be missing: Our starting QB, both of our starting receivers, our starting left tackle, our starting right tackle and our starting center. And actually, our backup right tackle (who started the year as our third string left tackle) will also probably miss the game so we will start a guy at RT that was on the Ravens practice squad on Wednesday. You shall not out tank us!
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I have bad news guys. You aren't losing to Tennessee. We've played exactly one one-possession game in the last six weeks. We are tanking, and we are tanking spectacularly. Laughing

Seriously though, odds are we'll be missing: Our starting QB, both of our starting receivers, our starting left tackle, our starting right tackle and our starting center. And actually, our backup right tackle (who started the year as our third string left tackle) will also probably miss the game so we will start a guy at RT that was on the Ravens practice squad on Wednesday. You shall not out tank us!
Hey now, anything's possible when Geno Smith is your starting QB

Props to JMG on the sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

We've been outscored 124-52 over the last three weeks by Eli Manning, Mark Sanchez and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Seriously, just read that sentence.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

We've been outscored 124-52 over the last three weeks by Eli Manning, Mark Sanchez and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Seriously, just read that sentence.
LOL, we've only managed 40 pts in the past 3 games; 16 in the prior 2. BATTLE OF THE PATHETIC TEAMS. YOUR TURN, GO!

Props to JMG on the sig
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if Harvin and potentially Amaro are out, our receiving core will be limited to Decker, Kerley, Owusu, TJ Graham, and Jeff Cumberland.

Props to JMG on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: