Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 draft will shock You

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: 2014 draft will shock You Reply with quote

It's too early to predict a draft for the Jets, but nothing surprises me under Ryan and Idzick.

I would not be surprised if the Jets drafted neither a WR or TE in round one, however I do expect them to draft one in the first 3 rounds.

Not to mention an OL in the first 4 rounds.

I also expect to either draft another QB or sign one in FA, AND don't be surprised if the Jets make play for Cuttler (remember Woody likes a marque QB under center) Geno could ride the pine the next 3 years.

Imagine if you will Cuttler coming to N.Y., with brand new toys to pass to a strong OL and a defense that will keep you in the game.

The Jets would be an instant contender, and give them legitimacy in the AFC East.

Just don't be surprised.

Most Jets fans were singing the blues when the Jets drafted Milner , than Richardson, and look how that turned out.

Winters is getting better, FB Tommy B. Is solid.
This years draft will not only be a make or break season for Rex, but Idzicks as well and will either give him a foothold on the GM position or going into year 3 could be on the hot seat as well.

Mocking is too early for me , though I believe the Jets will add offensive firepower.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see a plan where Idzik want Geno to ride the pine for three years. I thought maybe a year but not after the last two games. I think he goes into next season as the starter
JETSFOOTBALL25

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
I can't see a plan where Idzik want Geno to ride the pine for three years. I thought maybe a year but not after the last two games. I think he goes into next season as the starter

i agree. no way they bring in a qb which forces geno to sit for 3 years. someone to compete, yea, but not someone like cutler. heck, if sanchez takes a pay cut in the 2 million range id bring him back.
RollTide99

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you the way that you are?

JMG on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler is not very good.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler doesn't make the Jets an instant anything. I think he is possibly as overrated of a QB as you can find in this league, and he isn't even rated that high to begin with. Geno is out starter for at least next year.

I would be filled with hate and rage if Cutler is even pursued by the Jets.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler isn't a top QB throwing to Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett and Forte. This team needs wespons not a QB. Draft a OLB in round 1 and we will be no better off.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as geno played as poorly as he did, its a position that i dont think needs to be as upgraded as we think. Im okay with drafting mettenberger in the 3rd or 4th or Murray late. I also wouldnt be opposed to having Sanchez take a massive paycut instead of releasing him.

As much as people may have put Sanchez in the rear view mirror, I would be VERY interested in seeing Sanchez in a Mornhinweg offense with some weapons. A competition between Geno, Sanchez, and Murray wouldnt be so bad in my opinion.

I am not interested in Cutler. Hes a slightly above average quarterback but hes getting older now and I dont see it worth investing in him. I think Cutler would have been just as bad in our offense this year as Geno was. In fact I would bet Cutler would have gotten injured after taken some of the hits Geno did.

Go into the offseason with the mindset of improving the team around Geno and possibly Sanchez. I still think Sanchez is loved around the organization. And Idzik will want the best competition at every position and if people still think Mark can provide that over signing guys like Henne or other low FA quarterbacks, idzik will do it.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather roll with Geno and a vet like McCown then sign Cutler

Props to JMG on the sig
wake79tone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler would also want a ton of money. I'd rather have them sign a decent vet to backup and spend the money on othe rneeds at wr or te.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP rode the short bus

LOL Cutler, for what

Jameis Winston wrote:
I said, we said, uh, I said

#LuckAllDay
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than be redundant I think everyone has made it clear about Cutler.

The only positions I could see outside of WR, TE, RB being taken in the first 4 rounds are OG, FS/CB, OLB.

I could see Idzik or Rex just falling for a guy at one of those positions especially if a good one they love slips. I wouldn't mind especially if he turns out to be a future stud like Richardson.

It really all depends on FA though. We filled a lot of holes prior to last years draft and hopefully we do the same this year. Still need to draft a young WR/TE combo for Geno to grow with and I think Idzik knows that. A young QB could use some consistency.

Props to Mack on the sig
kilahchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno played mistake free football the last 2 weeks which was an improvement. It still does not mean the jets should totally ignore bringing in a QB like Jay Cutler. Personally I would hate for the jets to go into 2014 putting all their faith in a 2nd year QB again!? It will only get Rex Ryan Fired. If Cutler is available and we can afford him for a reasonable price have him come in and compete for the job with Geno. If Geno wins out a camp then we start Geno. Likely if Cutler wins out we go with Cutler! At this point Cutler is an improvement over Geno Smith no matter how anyone looks at it!!!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bring in a vet like Hill or McCown and we should be fine after we get some weapons. They'll give us solid play if Geno was to decline.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: